MY #27

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raena stirred awake after a while and a light-coloured ceiling greeted her sight. She blinked and caught a shadow from the corner of her eyes. She turned her head and saw Jaebum asleep. He rested his head on his arms, while his hand held hers tightly.

A soft smile tugged on her lips.

The memories of what happened hit her and an ache shot through her. A silent hiss left her lips but that was enough to wake JB.

"You're up," he stated.

"Sorry, I made you worry again, didn't I?" She said weakly.

He shook his head, and helped her sit up. She watched as he poured her a glass of water. He then sat on the bed, beside her legs.

"You didn't." He smiled. "But you scared me."

Raena looked at his with confusion and he took her glass, and held her hands. Her gaze fell onto their clasped hands.

"Why did you argue with someone when you're hurt?" He asked. "Who was that woman? Why was she so rude to you?"

She sighed and faced him, "You know... I'm really jealous of your family."

"Huh?" He was taken off guard.

"You have a cute grandmother, a loving father and an adorable younger sister." She pointed out. "You have had a good life since you were a kid, apart from the fact that you lost your mom, like I have lost my dad."

"But my family is your family now, you can have a cute grandmother, a loving father and an adorable younger sister too."

She chuckled, "But I will always have the scar of a broken childhood... Or teenage life."

"Why?" He asked. "Come on, you can tell me everything. I want to know more about you, wife."

"Well... That woman at the cemetery was my mother." She blurted the truth.

"Y-Your mother?" Jaebum repeated. "I thought you said she was dead?"

"She isn't. She's well and alive."

"Then why didn't you invite her to the wedding? And... the argument..."

"She ditched me when my dad died," she replied with sharp huff of breath. "Just because the mortgaged the house to pay off his debts, they got into a fight and she told him to never come home. And he really couldn't go home anymore."

Jaebum patted her hands.

"After my dad passed, the woman dragged me to every function for the rich and leaves me there, wanting to me to bring some rich kid home as my boyfriend. Do you remember Park Jaehyung?"

He cocked his head.

"That day at the ramen restaurant? The siblings we met?" She refreshed his memories. "He was my first boyfriend. Those rich brats didn't take interest in me and I was thankful for that. He was the first one who didn't think I was snobbish. He loved me for who I was. No matter what my mom told him, scolded him, he didn't back down."

JB felt a little knot in his stomach when he listened to how Raena was describing her first love. Although he was her present now, but to hear that, he couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

But not wasn't the time to feel that.

"Until one day, my mother called him over to her and told him that I was aiming for his friends, Sehun and Suho. He didn't believe her, when she showed him pictures of me and the both of them hanging out together. She told him off, saying he was worthless and useless in my life. He couldn't take it anymore and we broke up."

"Oh, Raena..."

"But don't worry," she grinned. "I'm over it. Besides, I got rid of her. I walked out on her on the day we broke up, cutting our ties."

He pulled her towards his embrace, the back of his wife's head. She pressed her cheek against his shoulder, resting in his arms.

"Do you wanna go home?"

"Can I?" She leaned back.

Jaebum nodded with a teasing smile and got off the bed, "I'll ask the doctors if you can leave. Wait here for me."

 

---

 

"Now, I'm making you stay at home. No more going out, no more working at the cafe. Just home. Do you get me?" Jaebum rambled on, on the car ride back to their apartment.

"Yes, husband. You've been repeating that since we left the hospital. Aren't you sick of saying it to me?" Raena teased.

"If only you would listen to me before." He tapped her forehead.

They turned the corner and went up the slope, before pulling up at the gates of the house. Jaebum was teasing Raena about something and looked up. His smile fell and his hold tightened around the steering wheel. The wife paused mid-laughter and followed her husband's line of sight.

"What's wrong?" She asked, putting her hand on his arm. "Aren't you going to drive through the gate?"

She followed his line of sight and saw a pretty woman standing at the side of the gates, her hand up in a small wave and her lips in a timid smile.

Jaebum ignored the woman and unlocked his gate. He just rode the car right up. He stopped the engine and got out of the car, just as Raena unbuckled her seatbelt. He went to her side of the car and helped her out.

Raena waited while JB took her bags. She casted the woman, who had walked up into the property, a look. The lady wasn't giving her a pleasant look, though. It was as though she was mad at Raena for being in the same car as Jaebum.

"Let's go," he reached for Raena and had his arm around her waist.

"Wait, who is she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter