MY #16

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raena had gone straight to bed after Jaebum left. She had curled into a ball under her blanket, crying until she fell asleep.

So when she woke up the next morning, she felt like . Her head was hurting. Her entire being was feeling light, like she was floating on air. She groggily reached for her phone and instictively scrolled to find Hyungsik's name.

Just as she was about to hit call, she paused.

"Right, we broke up." She groaned and threw her phone across her room.

She sat up, rubbing her face. She moved her face muscles, only to feel tightness at where her tears stains were. She leaped off her bed, and dragged her feet towards her bathroom to wash her face. She stared at her reflection.

Slapping her cheeks lightly, she did a quick washup and headed to her shower room.

 

---

 

Raena left her house, with her bag and phone. She had her back turned towards the corridor, trying to lock her door when she felt arms around her waist.

Those familiar arms.

"What are you doing? Let go of me." She sighed, giving up. "Oppa- Ani, Hyungsik-ssi. Let go."

"I won't." He tightened his hug. "Do you really want to break up with me? Why? Do you know how worried I was when you started acting strange, when you started ignoring me? Do you know how-"

"Shut it." Raena snapped.

She shut her eyes in distaste, grabbing the arms around her middle and removing them from her body. She spun around and sent a resounding slap across his face.

"How dare you." She hissed and left him, grabbing the strap of her bag.

 

---

 

Jaebum was pacing up and down in his home, with his mobile in his hands. He tapped the phone against the ball of his palm. Unlocking his phone, he went to Raena's contact an sent her a text.

 

To: Raena

Come to my office. We have things to discuss.

 

He left his phone on the table. He then left his office to grab himself coffee.

 

Raena

Joha. I have something to tell you.

 

---

 

Sejeong recognised Raena as she entered the hotel and bowed to her. The older woman bowed back, and headed towards the lifts. She took the machine to JB's office level and went up to Jimin's table.

"Is Jaebum in?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

Jimin sprang to his feet, greeting the lady. "Y-Yes. He went to get himself a drink."

"Okay, I'll wait in his office." She bowed and entered the office.

The secretary scratched his head and sat back at his desk. He began working on his tasks, when Jaebum stepped back into the office.

"Hyung-nim." He got up. "Raena-ssi's in your office."

"She's here?" He breathed. "I thought she wouldn't come."

"But she's inside your office." Jimin said. "But she seems strange... Her smile... seemed forced."

Jaebum glanced at his office doors and turned back to his friend, "You don't have to worry about it. She's fine."

 

JB entered his office and saw no one. He walked in further and saw Raena sitting at his sofa. He went to his table, grabbing his laptop and the papers that he had printed earlier.

"Here." He held the papers in front of her. "Read this. Tell me if there's anything to add."

Plopping down on the sofa opposite her, he scrolled throught the editable docment on his laptop. Silence enveloped them, as Raena read through the papers. He peeped at her over the top of the laptop, trying to figure out if the lady was alright or not.

After a while, Raena put the papers down and Jaebum lowered his screen. She stared at the papers in her hand, 

 

"Is there anything you want to add?"

"I have something to tell you."

The both of them asked their questions at the same time. Jaebum held his hand out, motioning for her to continue speaking.

"Release the news after the terms are discussed." She muttered coldly. "Release it immediately after we are done with the contract."

JB was taken aback by her sudden request, but nodded anyway. He was going to release the news the next day after they have settled everything. Her request just made the release quicker.

"I will. But, is there anything you want to add?"

"I typed in your computer that night, didn't I?" She shook her head. "Don't cheat on me."

"That's it?" He tilted his head to the side.

"That's it."

He nodded, finished with the news article he was working on when she was scanning through the contract. He sent the file to his secretary with a note pinned.

Send this to the media after I give you the heads up.

 

"Done." JB closed his laptop. He handed Raena a pen and pointed at the dotted lines she was supposed to sign at.

She positioned her pen at the line, pausing when the tip was about to touch the paper. Blinking, she let out a breath.

"Why? Are you regretting? Having second thoughts?" He leaned in from behind her, his hands pressing on the arm rests of the sofa.

"No," she turned her head, their faces at close proximity. "I don't."

She then signed her name on the papers, sealing her fate with JB - for a year.

He bit his lower lip and nodded in understanding before straightening his bag. He dusted his hands and went towards his doors.

 

"Jimin-ah, release the article."

"Yes, Hyung-nim. But what's in the article? Why immediately?" The secretary asked, curious with what's going on.

"You'll find out soon enough." He smiled. "You can leave after this. I'm going to work from home."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter