MY #33

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We came all the way to Maldives to stay indoors?" Raena whined, lying on the netted bed.

After lunch, Jaebum brought her to back to their resort. They went past the center, where there were beds hanging above the waters. She jumped away from him and climbed onto the bed, grabbing a pillow and made herself comfortable.

He realised that his wife was no longer beside him and turned around.

"Wife, you are technically still outdoors," he mused, folding his arms and looking down at her.

She patted the empty spot next to her and curled her finger towards him, "Why don't you join me, husband?"

He smirked and looked away, before climbing onto the bed next to her. The netted bed made it hard for him to make himself comfortable, so he just laid his body over Raena's.

"Yah-" she huffed. "Do you know you are not very light?"

"I know," he chuckled, straightening his back.

He then laid down beside her. Raena rested her head on his chest, her fingers absent-mindedly drawing circles on his covered abdomen. He wounded his arm around her, his hand pressing on her lower back, bringing her close to him.

"We've been married for 2 months." He started.

"Yeah?"

"So... How are you coping?" He asked, his hand rubbing her back.

She tilted her head up at him, and he looked down at her. He slowly shfted them, until he could leaned closer to her. Their noses touched.

She felt her heart skip a beat when she saw how close he was to her.

"I don't know." She closed her eyes. "It's alright, I guess?"

"Just alright?" He bit his lip, his eyes fixed on her lips.

"Well," she opened her eyes again. "You're a really mean jerk when I married you."

"Do explain," he laid on his back, his arm angled and his hand behind his head.

 

Raena mimicked his actions, but tangled their legs together as they admired the beautiful blue sky.

"After I broke up with Hyungsik, all you do was to probe into why I decided to marry you." She started. "You were just downright mean."

"Hey..." He pouted.

"I'm not done," she slapped his chest. "But you made me laugh and smile even when I'm not feeling good. You helped and protected me whenever I needed you. It's like you are just a few steps behind me. If I ever needed help, I just have to stick my hand back and I could reach you instantly."

Jaebum listened to her quietly, his heart starting to race.

"I'm that good huh?" He joked.

"Oh, shut up," she blushed and buried her face in his chest.

"You know what?" He the back of her head. "My dad said I picked a right woman to be my bride. Jaemin loves you soooo much."

"Really?" Her voice was muffled.

"Yeah." He nodded, and pressed his cheek against her hair. "My family is my top priority-"

"Not work?" She asked cheekily.

"Wife," he kissed her hair.

"Alright, sorry."

"My family is everything to me," he continued. "Especially Jaemin. And you saved her once before. I am really thankful for you. I'm glad you married me."

"And why?" She faced him.

"You're pretty, smart, loving..." He trailed. "You don't need materialistic stuff, you treat my family like your own. Even though you are a little naive at times, but you know what's right and what's wrong."

 

Raena's ears started burning at his compliments and turned away. He watched her bury her face further into his neck and chuckled.

"Are you being shy, my beautiful and perfect wife?" He teased.

"Stop~" She whined.

"Stop what?" He pretended not to understand what she meant.

She covered her hands with her face and tried to sit up. He tugged on her waist and she fell back onto him. Raena let out a gasp as their gazes locked.

Jaebum let his eyes roam around her facial features, and reached his other hand up to brush her hair from her face. "You have to stop being on top," he whispered, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"H-huh?"

Without wasting a second, he pulled her down and kissed her. He then mumbled against her lips, "Or I won't be able to stop myself from kissing you."

 

---

 

Jaebum and Raena returned back to their room. He sat in the living room while Raena freshened herself in the washroom. She removed her wedding band and left it on the basin before she stepped into her bath.

 

A knock on their resort door made JB stop looking through his emails. He got up and went to open the door only to see the resort staff standing outside.

"Yes?"

"Hello Mr Im, I'm here to pass you an invitation for you and your wife, for the event happening tonight at the bar. The drinks are on the house for newly weds. We hope to see you both attend." She bowed and then left the room.

JB eyed the blue invitation and set it on the table.

"Who's at the door?" Raena's voice sounded from the room.

He padded towards her and paused at the door to their room. His jaw dropped.

Raena was in her bathrobe and she was drying her hair. He gulpped and tried looking from her, but he wasn't able to. His eyes followed the trail of water that was dripping from her hair down to her neck.

"Husband?"

He shook out of his thoughts and blinked rapidly.

"T-That was the s-staff. She wanted her to attend the little party at the bar. The one I told you about." He stammered. "You wanna go? The drinks are on the house."

"Why not?" Raena stood back-facing Jaebum. "Let me get dressed and we can head there early for dinner?"

"Right," he muttered. "I'll go have a quick shower."

 

JB stepped into the washroom and saw the ring on the basin. He frowned, reaching for the band. He toyed with it using his fingers and went out of the room towards his wife.

"Yah, why is your ring on the basin?" He asked.

"Oh right, I took it off for a second. I wanted to have a bath, I didn't want to bring it into the bath water with me."

Jaebum huffed and reached for her hand, sliding the ring on for her, "Never take it out. Just leave it on."

"Okay husband," she chortled, unaware of Jaebum's feelings.

He stepped towards her, and backed her up against the bed. The back of her knees hit the edge and she fell onto the bed. He then sat down beside her.

"I don't like the idea of you taking your ring off."

He got up and went back into the toilet, without saying another word.

 

---

 

"Jaebum-ah, Im Jaebum." Raena called while they made their way to the bar.

Jaebum had been ignoring Raena ever since he stepped out of the shower. She tried getting his attention but he wasn't giving her any.

"Yah, Im Jaebum." She tried again. "If you are going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter