MY #37

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raena fumbled for the keys tiredly in her purse while Jaebum ushered Juna out of their house. She was trying her best to keep her tears in her eyes.

Getting hit by another woman was one thing. But being slapped by your mother - no matter how much you deny it - was a totally different feeling.

It showed that even true flesh and blood was able to hurt you.

All she wanted to do at the moment, was to head straight up to her room and climb onto bed. She wanted to curl into a ball under her sheets, as though she wanted to stay in her own protective ball of comfort.

Raena had just only managed to slot the key into the keyhole when she felt a pair of muscular arms circle her waist tightly from behind her.

Her back came into contact with a sturdy chest, making her sigh deeply.

"What is it, Jaebum?"

Lips started to trail along the crook of her neck, making her sigh again.

"What are you doing..?" She asked, tilting her head a little more.

Jaebum kept quiet as he held her hand and turned the key together. Raena stepped into the house, with JB following behind her.

Before she could take another step, he had kicked the door closed. He then spun her around and pressed his lips on hers. She stayed in his arms, neither moving away or responding to the kiss.

 

All these while, only one thought filled Jaebum's mind as he stared into Raena's eyes, his hands holding onto her cheeks.

I'm in love with her.

Goddamn it.

I love her.

 

Raena's heart was racing. His lips sent electrifying tingles down her spine, but she wasn't really into the mood to kiss him.

Placing her palms on his chest, she pushed herself from him, looking away.

"Jaebum, stop it..." She mumbled.

He held her hands gently, before pressing her against the wall behind her. He lifted one hand and rested it against the wall.

Jaebum leaned forward to press his forehead on hers.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"Nothing," she lied.

It was obvious enough that something was bothering her but she just wanted to avoid explaining what she was feeling.

 

JB wouldn't take nothing for an answer so he lifted her up. She wrapped her legs around his middle on instinct and hugged him tight as he brought them both to the bedroom.

He gently set her down on the bed and she laid flat, staring at the ceiling. He then climbed onto the mattress next to her, before swinging his leg over her.

He hovered above her, his lower body settling between her legs as his arms supported him.

Jaebum frowned when he saw Raena looking away from him. He knew that she was disturbed and upset. Who wouldn't? Especially after being hit.

He fixed her hair before rolling off her, lying next to the girl. He sighed and angled his arm, resting the back of his head on his open palm.

"What's bothering you, wife?" He asked, staring at the ceiling.

Raena kept silent. Jaebum then laid on his side, propping his head up with his hand. He took this small vhance to admire her face.

She let out a loud sigh before turning her body. She snuggled close to him. Her face was buried in his chest, her head safely tucked under JB's chin.

 

He reached his hand up to get a pillow and fitted it under his head. He curled his arm up to hold his wife as they relaxed on the bed.

Raena took this time to busk in his warmth. He was calming her  down bit by bit although he wasn't doing anything.

Jaebum ran his fingers through her hair, "Hon, you know you can tell me anything right?"

She shook her head, draping her arm over his tummy.

They stayed there a little longer, enveloped in silence.

 

Hyungsik's words swirled in JB's head.

"One thing about Raena, is that she doesn't tell people stuff when she feels upset, so you'll have to be alert to see if she's forcing her smiles."

He glanced down at the top of his wife's head and brushed his lips on her hair.

I know something's bothering you, love. You know you can tell me everything...

 

---

 

The more Raena thought about the events earlier, the sadder she became. Tears started welling in her eyes, she tried blinking them away.

She sat up, not wanting her tears to dampen Jaebum's shirt. She didn't want him to know she was crying.

He followed her action, sitting up as well. He sighed quietly. Raena cleared , still back facing JB, and said, "Husband, can you get me some chocolate milk from the fridge?"

Jaebum nodded and ruffled her hair, standing up.

"Of course, anything for you."

The moment Jaebum left the room, Raena let her tears out. She covered to muffle her sobs, and quickly wiped her tears away.

 

"Raena's being so weird," JB mumbled to himself while be poured the milk. "I hope this isn't about Kyungri or her mother... They don't deserve her tears."

He then kept the milk back in the fridge before padding upstairs with the glass of milk for his wife. As he got closer to his door, he could feel his heartstrings pulling. He quickened his steps and entered the room, only to see Raena back facing the door and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter