MY #4

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a whole day of meetings and paperwork, JB trudged back to his father's place. His grandmother told him to go over for dinner.

He reached the gates of his dad's place and sighed when he noticed that there were men standing guard outside the place. He drove forward and wound down his window, revealing his face.

"Welcome, young master." The men greeted.

Jaebum nodded his head and the gates opened for him. He drove in and into his parking lot before killing the engine and alighting the car.

He left everything in his car, grabbed his phone and walked towards the main door. He scanned his thumbprint and the door swung open, the butler smiling at him.

"Hey, Jaebum. Your grandmother's preparing the food. Come on in."

"Thanks uncle."

 

JB stepped into the living room and saw his father and sister huddling close to each other. He crept up behind them and heard their conversation.

"Her s look so fake."

"What about her?"

"She's pretty, but her nose..."

"Yah, you're 12 and you're judging others on their noses and chest. Are you even 12?"

He glanced over their heads and saw them looking through pictures of women. He shook his head when he realised that they were looking for potential wives for him. He sighed again and padded towards the kitchen, to greet his grandmother.

"Halmae."

"Hey, my grandson." Elder Park waved. "Get settled down and we'll start dinner very soon."

 

---

 

"So, that model broke up with you because of your background?" Elder Park asked again.

Jaebum nodded quietly, "She said she didn't want to be linked to a hotel chain CEO who has a dark past."

"This is the reason why I never liked that lady." Jaemin muttered.

"Son, you are 27. You can't stay with a woman that despised you and and your family." Mr Park said. "Don't harp on your relationship with Seungah. Your halmae will find you a good woman for you to marry."

"No need for that. I'll take love and marriage as they come. For now, I just want to focus on the hotel business."

"What's your ideal type, oppa?" The younger Im piped up.

"Why would you want to know, you imp?" Jaebum asked teasingly.

The younger girl shrugged, shoving rice into . Elder Park caught up with her granddaughter's question and prompted JB even further.

"What's your ideal type?" She asked.

JB let out a small smile and put his utensils down.

"I like women who are strong and have their own thinking. They help people who are in trouble. I appreciate a woman with good character and she doesn't look down on my family."

A lightbulb went off in Jaemin's head as she remembered one person.

"How about that eonni that saved me?" She wondered aloud.

"Saved you?" Elder Park questioned. "Who saved you? Why do you need saving?"

"Im Jaemin."

"It's nothing, halmae." Jaemin smiled. "I went for lunch with oppa and his fangirls mobbed us. I was saved by an eonni who worked in the cafe we were at."

"Oh? I would want to meet that lady." Mr Park nodded.

"Come on, we can talk about this later. The food's getting cold." Elder Park clapped her hands. "I have your favourite, Jaebum. Smoked salmon."

 

---

 

"I'm sorry for not being able to be with you," Hyungsik stood outside Raena's door, practicing what he had to say.

He was dressed in his working suit. He headed straight down to Raena's after his work ended and rang on her doorbell. She answered the door dressed in her over-sized tee shirt.

"Oppa? What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry for not being able to be with you earlier today, baby," He handed her the flowers. "I was really busy and I had something important I have to attend to, so I-"

Raena placed her finger on his lips, shutting him up. She broke into a smile, and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"It's okay, you came in the end."

He pecked the side of her head and hugged her. He rested his chin on the top of her head and whispered, "How about we go on a date right now?"

"Now?" She asked.

He nodded, "So go get changed, doll."

 

---

 

"Tell me again, why you brought me to a ferris wheel at this time of the night?" Raena wondered aloud.

"I wanted to give you a romantic date night, don't ruin it." Hyungsik laughed. "Just come with me."

The couple made their way towards the queue of the ferris wheel and stepped into the express queue. A staff member stopped them and Hyungsik flashed his card. The staff immediately bowed and let them through.

"Did you book earlier?" Raena asked, Hyungsik grabbing her by the hand and pulling her towards the carriage.

"Yeah, I even ordered for a dinner to be served in the carriage. So be prepared for a night of your life." He winked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter