MY #12

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raena was back in the cafe a day later. It was busy day at the cafe as someone was having a birthday party there and there were many cakes and pastries to be made. She was in the kitchen, kneading some dough for cookies when she heard someone knocking on the counter out in the front.

"Hanbin? Eonni?" She called out but there was no response.

"Hold on, I'm coming out!"

She quickly washed her hands and was wiping them as she went to the front. She realised that Hyeyoon and Hanbin were busy with the party.

There was a courier delivery person standing at the counter with a bouquet of roses in his hands. Raena went up to him, "Hi, are you delivering flowers for Hyesung? She's over there."

The man looked at the delivery receipt and shook his head. "I'm looking for Mrs Park."

Raena rubbed her neck and said, "There isn't a Mrs Park here."

"The sender is a Mr Park Hyungsik. Do you know him?"

"Oh? Hyungsik?" Raena nodded, "Yeah, that's my boyfriend."

"These flowers are for you." The courier handed Raena the flowers and the receipt. "Sign here please."

She signed her acknowledgement and took her receipt before bringing the fowers to the back. She glanced outside and saw that the cookies that were on display were still half full and they were singing the birthday song.

"I'll bake later." She told herself and looked at the bouquet of beautiful flowers in her hands. "Now, let's see."

She noticed a card between the roses and took it out. Resting the flowers on her lap, she took the card out from the envelope. Flipping the card open, she saw the familiar handwriting from Hyungsik.

 

Baby,

An important date like the 5th of July deserves to be celebrated. Let tonight be the night that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

The Chinese Deli, 8pm tonight. Suite room 4.

 

Raena smiled at the note and kept it back into the envelope and tucked it into her bag next to her. She placed the flowers on top of her bag. She grinned feverishly at the thought of a romantic dinner tonight.

She washed her hands again and started on the dough again, the silly smile still on her face.

 

---

 

The end of her shift came quickly, and she quickly rushed home after her time was up. By 7pm, she was done with her shower, makeup and hair. She stood in front of the mirror, choosing the prettiest dress she had.

She made herself up nicely, grabbed her bag and headed out the door.

 

Hailing a taxi, she made her way towards the restaurant they were supposed to meet and saw Nayoung, Hyungsik's secretary, at the lift lobby of the level Hyungsik was at.

"Hey Nayoung-ssi!" She called and waved to her.

She looked a little flustered to see Raena here and she went towards her, "Hey, Raena-ssi. Why are you here?"

"Hyungsik sent me a note, telling me to come here for dinner. Do you know where is room 4?"

Nayoung pointed her to the room in the end and Raena smiled before walking over. The employee immediately whipped out her phone and typed in a quick message to her boss, notifying him of her presence.

 

Raena stood outside the door of the suite room and dusted her outfit, straightening the hems of her dress before pushing the doors open. She smiled and saw Hyungsik sitting in the room, alone. He was back-facing her and she went up to him, giving him a back hug.

"Oppa!" She called out.

He shot up from the seat and turned around. She was startled at how tightly he was hugging her and she patted his back.

"I got your flowers, thank you." Raena pecked his lips. "What is it that you wanted to celebrate with me?"

Hyungsik made her sit down on the chair in front him. He then swallowed nervously and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a red velvet box and went down on one knee. He looked up at her and a warm smile spread on his lips. Raena gasped and covered with her hand.

"Baby, it has been two years since we got together, and 3 years since we met." He started, flipping the box open. "And I think it's time for me to make you mine."

"Oppa..." She let out a small breath.

"Will you marry me, baby?" Hyungsik popped the question. "Will you be my wife?"

Raena couldn't say anything as tears welled up in her eyes. She nodded dumbly and he reached for her hand. He held it gently and got up. He slipped the ring and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter