MY #22

Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum fell back onto his seat, as Jimin went towards the door. He peered out of the office and picked the tupperware from the floor. Luckily, the contents were still in the container.

He opened the lid, the aroma of freshly baked cookies and tomato pasta filled then entire room. Some of the cookies had broken into two when the container fell onto the floor.

"Hyung-nim..." Jimin showed the man the food.

Sighing out loud, Jaebum slammed his hands onto the table and grabbed his phone. He quickened his footsteps as he walked towards his friend.

Taking the container, he patted Jimin's shoulder.

"I'll head home first, switch my laptop off for me." He said and ran out of the office.

 

"Raena!" Jaebum called out the moment he was out of the building.

The said girl stopped walking and took a deep breath before pacing towards the cafe. She wanted to come by with the cookies before visiting Hyeyoon and Hanbin.

JB saw that she wasn't stopping again and ran towards her, "Yah, Im-Kang Raena. Stop there!"

He reached her and grabbed onto her arm. She spun around and snatched her arm back from him.

"Why did you come after me? Are you going to tell me that you about seeing Hyungsik and Kyungri before?" She asked. "I thought I could trust you, but you didn't tell me that you saw my boyfriend cheating on me before I even accepted his proposal."

"Listen to me, it wasn't easy for me to break it to you that your fiance was cheating behind your back. How am I supposed to just tell you that when we weren't in good terms at all?"

Raena paused, thinking over his words. She looked up at Jaebum, her strange feeling of hurt bubbling at the bottom of her gut.

"And it was better to be quiet about it?" She questioned. "Did you think that I would feel better if you didn't tell me? I saw the betrayal with my own eyes. If you had told me earlier, I would have some forewarning of what's to come."

"So now it's my fault for not preparing you for his infidelity?" Jaebum scoffed. "He cheated on you, whether I told you or not! What difference does it make?"

"Did you think about how I would feel?"

Raena turned her head and ran all the way towards the cafe, leaving JB standing behind her, watching her go.

"!" JB cursed under his breath and kicked the ground.

 

---

 

"Look who's here, Ms Im-Kang Raena." Hyeyoon teased.

"Yah, stop it." Raena waved her hand. "I didn't come here to hear you call me that."

The older girl laughed and shook her head. Grabbing a slice of cookies and cream cheesecake from the display case, she set it on a plate and handed it to the engaged girl.

"It's on the house."

"Thanks eonni," Raena started munching a small piece of the cake.

Hyeyoon took her seat in front of her, the peak period was over and business was slow.

"You know, I didn't take you in, give you a place to stay and work in, just to see the news of your engagment on the 9pm news." She pointed out. "What happened between you and Hyungsik? I though you guys were going strong?"

"He cheated on me, eonni." Raena let out a sad chuckle. "I thought we were going strong too, but who knew..."

"And why Jaebum? He's the most eligible bachelor in this town and he has truckloads of fans behind him."

"That would be a long story. I'm supposed to hand you and Hanbin an invitation to the wedding."

She took two baby blue coloured envelopes from her purse and handed one over to Hyeyoon.

"Where's Hanbin?"

"He's out buying food. He should be back any s-"

"Noona!"

Raena got to her feet and B.I threw his arms around her. She laughedand patted his back, and he pulled away.

"What brings you here, soon-to-be Mrs Im?"

"Oh, not you too." She ruffled the boy's head. "I'm here to pass you the wedding invitation."

"It's tomorrow?" He read the date.

"Yeah," she lowered her gaze.

"Then why are you still here?" Hyeyoon cut in. "Shouldn't you be prepared to be married off to the greatest and richest man in Seoul?"

"Shut up," she chortled.

"Yah, I'm older than you."

Letting out a sigh, Raena said, "I wonder what's going to happen after marrying Im Jaebum."

"You'll have nothing to worry about for the rest of your life." B.I cheered. "You'll be able to buy me lots of things!"

"What are you? 15?" The two ladies started laughing, making Hanbin grunt in embarrassement.

"I'm always the maknae of this cafe, and younger than the both of you!" He stuck his tongue out.

"Fine, I'll get you something when I get back from my honeymoon okay?"

"Honeymoon ey~" Hyeyoon and B.I said together, waving their fingertips at her.

Raena got up, grabbing her bag, "Whatever you guys." She smiled, "I'll be leaving. See you guys tomorrow."

"Be happy forever, love." Hyeyoon hugged her.

"Yeah, noona. If he ever bullies you, tell me. I'll whip his for you."

"I will be eonni, and thanks Hanbin, love you guys soo much."

 

---

 

Raena unlocked the door to her now-apartment with Jaebum, quietly. She removed her shoes and took a step into the house. She padded towards the ktichen only to bump into Jaebum.

Their gazes met but she looked away first.

She cleared and went back into his room. Closing the door behind her, she threw her bag onto the chair next to the bed and fell sitting on the mattress.

 

Jaebum watched her enter the room, and closed the door behind her. He ran his fingers through his hair, squeezing his eyes shut in frustration. He plopped himself down onto the sofa and pinched his  nose bridge.

 

---

 

There were rapid knockings on the door to R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter