Chapter 7

Start Again

 

At YG

Lauren's POV

I'm gathering my stuff and all of the materials, deciding that I'll work on these clothes at the dorm. Smart thinking, huh?

I'm walking down the halls, ready to leave.  I then pass the practice room Winner usually uses.  I guess I should tell Tae that I won't be able to make our date Friday.

I take a deep breath before knocking on the door and slowly opening it.  I see the guys just sitting around and on their phones.

"You guys must be practicing really hard," I jokingly say.

"We're just taking a break," Mino replies.

"Sure you guys are," I say before smiling.  I then look at the person I came to talk to.

"Hey Tae, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure," he says as he stands up.  "I'll be back," he says to the others.  We step out into the hallway, a little down from the practice room.

"What's up?" he says while smiling.

"Umm, h-how mad would you be if I said I have to cancel our date Friday?" I hesitantly ask.

"Is that what you're saying?" He asks and his smile completely drops.  I swallow hard, knowing this is going to be hard to do.

"Well, I'm working with iKon at the moment and they want to go out to eat together so we can get to know each other better," I say.

"So you agreed?" He asked.  

I look up to him and see hurt in his eyes. 

"Do you know what I had to do to even get that night off, Lauren? Not even counting everything I had to plan out for our date. You know what, whatever. It's work related. I understand. We'll just reschedule," he says before he starts walking away.

"Tae wait," I say as I grab onto his wrist. 

"Forget what I said. I'll just reschedule with them. We're still on for Friday," I say before smiling.

He smiles back before sighing. "No. You don't have to do that. I shouldn't have gotten mad when I understand that you're busy, too. I'm sorry," he says before pecking my lips.

I smile as he pulls away. "No. I'll reschedule. Plus, now that I know you worked so hard on it, I'm now really excited for it. I'll see you Friday."

"Are you sure?" he asks and I can tell he's trying to contain his excitment from showing in his voice.

I let out a giggle.  "Yeah, I'm completely sure."

He gives me a big smile. "Alright. See you Friday. Be careful going home," he says before giving me a hug and kissing me once more.

I nod and wave goodbye at him.

Hopefully iKon will understand.

 

Back at the Dorm 
Ann's POV

"Can I just go to sleep?" I ask as I fall on the couch.

"Nope. You need to go shower because Lauren is on her way back," Scynthia says.

"Why did I agree to this? I could have just stayed here, ate, and fell asleep," I say before getting up off the couch.

"Whatever. Just go shower and do something with your hair," Scynthia says.

"I will shower but the beast has a mind of its own. It does what it wants to," I say before heading into the bathroom.

About 20 minutes later, I come out the bathroom in my robe and a towel wrapped around my hair.

I go to my room--

"Ahh!"

"Calm your girl," Lauren says before laughing. 

"I'm sorry. But me and my didn't expect you to be in here." I say trying to calm my beating heart down.

She laughs. I look at my bed, only to find an outfit already picked out. I then look in her lap to see her makeup bag.

I sigh and frown. I don't want to get all prettied up.  I know that sounds weird but that's just who I am I guess. 

"Don't look at me like that. I promise, not a lot makeup and your outfit suits you. Now sit so I can start your makeup," she said as she stands and lays her materials out.

“I still can’t believe I agreed to this,’ I say as I sit down and face Lauren.

“It’ll be quick and I won’t put a lot on, I promise,” she says as she begins putting something on my face.

“Are you nervous?” she asks me as she continues to put crap on my face.  Seriously, how do girls do this everyday?

“No. I don’t really have a reason to be. I don’t see this as a date. I see it as two friends getting a bite to eat,” I say nonchalantly.

“What if he tries to kiss? And close your eyes,” she tells me.  I soon feel her putting something on my eyes.  I’m going to guess it's eyeshadow.

“I don’t think he’s going to. But I’ll just deal with it if it happens,” I say.

I hear her sighing.  “I see why you’re still single. You don’t understand guys at all,” she says before giggling.

“That’s why I’m a girl and not a guy.  Are you done yet?” I ask her.

“Tsk. You can’t rush beauty. But yeah, I’m done,” she says as she steps back to admire her work.

“You look really nice,” She says as she smiles.

“Thanks. Only because you made me look pretty,” I say as I take the towel off my hair.

"You're all ready beautiful Ann, I just brought out some of your features," she says.  I just nod and smile at her.

“Alright. Wear that outfit and come out when you’re finished,” she says as she begins to collect her stuff.

“Thanks Lauren. I appreciate it,” I say and smile at her.

“No problem,” she says then leaves.

I do my hair, or try to at least, then I put on the outfit Lauren picked out.  I smile as she still kept it simple and to my liking.  I look in the mirror at the final result.  I guess I do look pretty good.  I just laugh and shake my head at myself before leaving my room.

 13e2eec2fa5c1445edb294270d207ad6.jpg

I step out into the living room to find that Hyun and Jeong have joined, too.

Well look at this. Our maknae is going on a date,” Hyun jokes.

It’s not a date,” I simply say.  I'm really tired of people calling this a date.

Why didn’t you wear your contacts? Your eyeshadow won't show. I thought you were wearing your contacts or I would have done your eye makeup for your glasses,” Lauren says.

I shrug, “Too lazy to put them in.

She just shakes her head.

“Well have fun and be careful,” Scynthia says as she hugs me.

Yes mom,” I say before laughing.

Make sure you have your phone,” Jeong adds.

Yes dad,” I say before shaking my head.

"I didn't know you guys were Ann's parents," Hyun says jokingly.

She’ll be fine,” Lauren says before smiling and hugging me.

There’s a knock on the door.

I’ll get it,” Jeong says.  I just roll my eyes.  Why are they acting like this?  Weirdos, I tell you.

Jeong opens the door and I can see Lay.  He looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Oh, hi,” I hear him say a little surprisingly.  Of course he didn’t expect for Jeong to open the door.  “You're Ann’s groupmate, right?” he asks.

“I am. Come in,” Jeong says.  I see him give a look to Lay before opening the door more.  What was that?

Lay greets everyone and then I see his eyes land on me.  I see his eyes grazing over me before he brings them back up.  “You look great, Ann” he says before offering me a smile.

Thanks,” I say, “well, I’m ready when you are.”

Gre-"

How long are you guys going to be staying out?” Scynthia asks.

“Not long,” Lay says.

I see Scynthia quirk up an eyebrow.

Well don't be too late. We have an early practice tomorrow,” Jeong adds.

I see Lay nod and smile, "Will do."

“See you guys later. Have fun at the taping!” I say before we leave the dorm.

 

As we get inside his car, he begins talking.

Well, that was kind of awkward,” he says as he pulls out into the road.

Sorry about that. I don’t know why they acted like that. They’re weird,” I say before smiling.  “But anyways, where are we going? I’m starved!

He chuckles.  “It’s just a little restaurant that I like to go to,” he simply says.

I nod and smile.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

I watch Ann leave with Lay.  As the door shuts behind them, I turn to face everyone.

Alright, am I the only one who got a weird vibe from him or was it just me?” I ask them.

Jeong shakes his head.  “I got that, too. The way he looked at her, it seems as he has other things in mind.

I didn’t get it. Ann will be fine regardless. She’s a big girl,” Lauren says before gathering her stuff.  “If you guys need me, I’ll be in my room working on these clothes. Have fun at the show,” she says before she goes to her room.

It's weird. When I first met him, I didn't get that vibe. But then again, there were other people there," I say.

She’ll be okay. Plus, she’ll call if anything comes up,” Hyun says.

Yeah, Hyun is right,” Jeong says.

Just then, Jeong’s phone goes off.  He takes it out his pocket and reads his text.

Hyejin noona is in front waiting for us. Let’s go,” he says.

I nod and follow them out.  I inwardly sigh.  She better be okay, or EXO is going to be missing their Chinese member.

 

At the Taping

Scynthia’s POV

 

We arrive at the taping and are hanging out with the guys in their dressing room.

Me and Hoseok are sitting on the couch, with my head leaning on his chest and his arm wrapped around me, playing with the ends of my hair.

You okay babe?” Hoseok asks, “you seem a little tense.”

I’m fine,” I simply say.

I know you’re not, so what’s wrong?” he asks again.

I sigh.  Beofre I can open my mouth, Jeong does first.

Ann is out with that Lay guy,” he says.

I see Jimin turn towards us when Jeong mentions Ann.

What’s wrong with that?” V asks.

Me and Jeong got this weird vibe from him when he came to pick up Ann,” I say.

What do you mean weird vibe?” Jimin says, now standing in front of the couch me and Hoseok are sitting on.

We just think he’s up to something. I personally thinks he wants something more than what he’s making it seem,” Jeong says.

I see Jimin’s fists clench at Jeong’s statement.  Yoongi puts a hand on Jimin’s shoulder.

Well, noona will be alright,” jungkook says.

I agree. My donsaeng is strong. Plus, he has too many people following anywhere to do something,” Jin adds.

Yeah, I know. I’m probably just overreacting,” I say.

The stage manager then comes into the room and tells BTS to come out onto the stage.

Good luck!” Hyun says to the guys.

BTS says their thanks and head to the stage.

 

We’re watching BTS on the TV in their dressing room when we hear a knock.  Soon the door opens and reveals a Taemin.

Oh hey, what are you doing here?” Jeong asks.

He shrugs, “I heard you guys were here and just decided to visit,” he simply says.

So, how’s your guys’ dance coming along?” Taemin asks.

Pretty good. We perfected it today,” Hyun says before smiling.

You mean you guys perfected it. I still have to practice that one part,” I say.

You need help with it?” Taemin asks as he comes and sits down next to me.

Yeah. Maybe you can help since it’s your song and all. Are you free tomorrow?” I ask him.

He nods. “I should be. I can meet you at your company and we can practice,” he suggests.

I nod and smile, “Sounds like a plan.”

Great,” he says.

He stays for a few minutes and we just talk.  He soon leaves though, as he says he has to get back to his group.

See ya tomorrow,” I say.

You definitely will,” he says before offering me a smile and leaving.

You know, you could have just asked me or Ann for help,” Jeong says.

I shrug, “You guys have your solos to learn. Plus, why not learn it from someone from the group itself.”

She has a point there,” Hyun says.

I laugh and shake my head.

 

Soon, me and the guys leave the room to go watch BTS from backstage.  They just finished their performance and are bowing to the audience.  They soon walk off the stage.  Just as they’re walking, this girl comes up to Hoseok. 

I look harder only to realize that it’s face.  The heck is wrong with her?  I then see her cling to his arm.  I see him trying to pry her off of him but she stays glued to him.

Well, that’s an interesting site to see,” Hyun says.

I will be back,” I say through clenched teeth.

 

I walk my way to them and pull the girl off of Hoseok.

What do you think you’re doing?” I ask.

She rolls her eyes and clicks her tongue.

I was just talking to him and it was going great until you showed up, might I add,” Aerum says as she crosses her arms.

I walk right up to her, our faces only a few centimeters away from each other.

You better be damn glad that we are in public or your pretty face wouldn’t be pretty anymore,” I hiss through my teeth.

She clicks her tongue again making me want to yank it out her big fat mouth.

You’re right. I am pretty, unlike you. Hoseok oppa could do so much better than,” she stops to look me up and down before saying, “than you. He belongs to a girl who can match his image, like me.”

I’m about to launch at her when Hoseok pulls me behind him, as he is now standing between me and face.

Aerum, you are not say that about my girlfriend. And you need to get it through your head that I don’t like you. As you can see, me and Scynthia are together. I wish you would please just leave us alone,” he says sternly before walking back to the dressing room, pulling me along with him.

He closes the door only to look at me sadly.

“Are you alright? Don’t listen to anything she says.”

I haven’t been listening and I’m not going to start now. I can’t believe she had the nerve to do that in front of everyone,” I say.

I know. Hopefully she leaves us alone, now,” he says as he hugs me.

Yeah right,” I sa into his chest.  "Why can't people just leave us alone?"

"They're just jealous of us. I think they want us to break up so they can have you for themselves," he says.  I giggle into his chest.

He then brings his head back and looks at me.

What?”

He just smiles before saying, “You know you’re beautiful right? And you're even more beautiful when you smile.”

I roll my eyes but can’t help to smile.  “I’ve been told a few times.

He then scrunches up his face, “By who?” he seriously asks.

I just laugh before slapping him gently on his chest.  “I’m talking about you, silly.

He then breaks back into a smile.  “Good, because if another guy told you that, I would have to hurt him.

I raise an eyebrow.

I’m serious. I’m the only one who can compliment you and call you beautiful. And I’m definitely the only one who can call you mine.”

"Oh I'm yours am I?"

He nods and begins to lean forward.  Soon our lips meet into a gentle yet passionate kiss. 

He breaks away and we're both breathing pretty hard.  He leans his forehead on mine and looks me directly into my eyes.

Scynthia,” he breathes out.

Yeah?” 

“I love you.”

I stare at him for a moment before breaking out into the biggest smile.

I love you, too, Hoseok.”

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

Me and Lay are sitting in this beautiful restaurant. It’s not too fancy but it still has an elegance to it, while also be pretty comfy and warm.

We’ve been eating and chit-chatting.

So are you back in Korea for a while?” I ask him before taking a bite of my food.

Unfortunately no. I leave back for China in a few days. I just came back to do some promotion things with EXO,” he says.

I nod.  “You, my friend, are one busy person. I’d be drained out and super stressed doing all this stuff, plus flying back and forth."

He shrugs.  “It can be at times but I like doing it and I like seeing my fans happy and smiling, so it’s worth it.

I smile at him.  "It's great to hear how you care so much about yout fans."

"My fans are what motivates me. I wouldn't be here without them," he sincerely says before smiling.

"So, what do you do when you're not doing everything else?" I ask.

He lets out a laugh.  "Well, of course I like to sleep and rest. Dancing, too, as it helps relieve some stress. Other things, too."

Like what?” I curiously ask before I take a sip of my water.

Oh you know. Sleep, read, and. . .” he suddenly stops talking but that’s when I feel his hand on my leg.

I start choking on my water and people begin looking at me.  I finally stop my coughing attack and nod my head at the people looking.

I then move his hand off of my leg.

R-read, huh? What kind of books?” I ask as I try to change the direction of this conversation.

Oh you know, just something that catches my interest,” he starts to say and I notice that his gentle smile turns into this smirk and he gets this dark look in his eyes, “I enjoy doing other things better than reading books.”  He then pinches the inside of my thigh, which makes me jump a little out of my chair.

C-could you please not do that. I don’t know if I did or said something, but I don’t have those kind of feelings for you,” I nervously say.

He then chuckles before smirking.  “I’m not looking for a relationship, sweetheart. I don’t have time for that. I’m looking for something else,” he says before looking at me up and down and then biting his lip, “and you’re going to give it to me.”

 

 

Well, there that is. . .I apologize for it being crappy. I'm going to try and update again tonight. :D