Chapter 18

Start Again

The Next Morning

 

At BigHit

Scynthia’s POV

 

To my dismay, me and Ann are currently sitting and waiting in Mr. Bang’s office.  Manager unnie are bringing the other three.  She said he wants to talk about the practice video that was released and other things.

Last night was such a blur.  Once we arrived at the dorm, Ann went straight to her room.  She even locked her door, which she never does.

Jin was still mad as ever and Jimin just looked down right sad and angry.  It took about half an hour for manager unnie and Hoseok to convince them to leave our dorm.  Lauren wasn’t any better.  She was basically crying all night and couldn't sleep alone.  I don't even know how I felt.  I felt so many things but overall I felt pissed at the bastard who did this to her.

 

This morning was just plain weird.  Ann came out her room with this cheerful smile but me and Lauren could tell she didn’t get an ounce of sleep.  She talked like nothing had ever happened yesterday.

“Why is she acting like this?” Lauren asks when Ann left to go get something from her room.  “She should be crying her eyes out or should be yelling and all mad! She sure as hell should not be smiling like nothing ever happened!”

I sigh.  “Like the doctor said, people deal with these kinds of things differently. Ann is just pushing it away until she’s ready to face it. She’ll deal with it when she’s ready,” I say.

 

 

Now, we’re just sitting here quietly, waiting for the rest to show up.  I take this chance to apologize and talk to Ann.

“I’m sorry,” I say.

She turns her head and faces me.  I see a confused look on her tired face.

“For what?” she asks.

“For everything. For not being able to protect you yesterday. For being such a and taking out my stress and anger out on you. I knew you didn’t and would never do anything to hurt me. But once I saw those pictures, I just exploded. That doesn’t give me an excuse for what I did to you, though,” I say as I look down at my lap.

I hear her sigh and I look up to her, only to see her smiling.

“It’s alright. I understand you were going through some stuff. So it’s okay. I know you didn't meany anything you said. It was just a spur of the moment kind of thing,” she says.

“You mean you’re not mad?” I ask her.

She shakes her head.  “You needed to vent some of your anger out, though I really didn’t enjoy the slap part,” she says before giggling.

“Oh my goodness, Ann, I’m so sorry! I wish I could take that back,” I say, tears filling up in the corners of my eyes.

She then gets up and hugs me.  “Seriously, Scynthia, it’s alright. We’ve been through fights before. I’m not gonna leave just because of a little slap. We’ve been through way too much for that to happen. We've been friends for way too long to just end it over a petty little fight and misunderstanding,” she says before letting me go.

She wipes my tears away.  “Now stop crying before they get here. No one wants to see your ugly face while crying,” she says and I let out a chuckle.

Ann goes back to her seat and I pull myself together, relieved that me and Ann are now good.  I surely did miss talking to her everyday.  I sure have one good hell of a best friend don't I?

“Hey Ann,” I say and she looks towards me before saying, “Hmm?”

“You know you can talk to me about anything, right?” I tell her.

“Of course,” she says before smiling.

“Then why don’t you stop keeping everything bottled up and just let it out,” I calmly say.

Her smile then drops as she looks away.  I was going to say something else but then the door bursts open.

Hyun and Jeong frantically come running towards Ann.

Omo, Ann! Are you okay?” Hyun asks.

Did he hurt you anywhere? I knew that bastard was up to no good,” Jeong says angrily as he begins to look over Ann.

Guys, off of Ann please. Her stomach is slightly injured and I don’t want you both to make it any worse,” manager unnie says as she walks through the door.

HE HURT YOUR STOMACH? WHERE IS HE SO I CAN KILL HIM,” Jeong yells out.

Guys, I’m fine, really. Please just calm down,” Ann says calmly.

But he hurt you. How are you so calm,” Hyun says as he takes a seat next to Ann.

Like I said oppa, I’m fine,” is all she says before smiling.

Alright guys, please just calm down. Ann says she’s fine so just let her be for the moment,” unnie says and that makes Jeong take the seat next to me.

Anyways, Ann, you’re going to have to expect that from the rest of BTS when they come, too. Sorry about that. I'll try my best to help you, though.”

Umm, unnie. Who all knows about. . .this?” Ann asks.

You all, BTS, and of course Mr. Bang. I didn’t tell Aerum. We’re trying our best to not let your name slip out into the media,” she says.

Ann just nods.

The door then opens again, only to show an annoying face.

Well hello peasants,” Aerum says as she takes a seat next to Hyun.  Poor Hyun, I’m sorry buddy.

No one says a word but I swear I see Ann tense up at her presence. 

What’s with everyone? Why are you all so quiet?” Aerum asks but once again no one says a word, not even unnie.

Seriously? I should not be ignored-“ but the door opening interrupts her, thank goodness.

Mr. Bang comes in and sits behind his desk.

Hello everyone. I’m sure you’re all wondering why you are here,” he says.

Probably to tell them how they all and how I’m going solo,” Aerum says with a smirk.  I can only roll my eyes at this crazy .  Like hell she's going solo.  Who would even buy her album or attend or shows?  Only crazy people, that's who.

Aerum, that’s enough,” unnie says.

Mr. Bang puts a hand up, “No, that’s alright, Hyejin.”

Anyways,” he continues, “let’s talk about the video first. Because I didn’t want to give anything away, I blurred your faces in the video, so no one know who you are.

Did people like it?” Hyun asks.

In fact, they did. The video has over 15 million views and nearly all of the comments are along the lines of excitement and curiosity of who is in the group. There’s even some people who began guessing who you guys are,” Mr. Bang says.

We all smile at this news.  This is so great!  We may actually debut!  Like really debut!  Live stage and everything!  I'm so excited just thinking about it!!

So what happens now?” I ask.

Before I discuss that, I want to say something. Like I said to you all before I put you together, this is not a definite thing. I have the right to switch up members or even disband this project as a whole. Also, if this group does debut, it is going to be under a trial run. Depending how it does will depend if it is a permanent group. I just wanted to remind you of that,” he says and this makes me gulp.  Is he thinking of getting rid of someone? OMG. He’s going to disband the group and we haven’t even debuted yet.  OMG.  He's going to let me go.  OMG!  What am I going to do?!

Continuing on, me and some other staff members felt like something was missing while watching the video. Something just wasn’t right. We’ve come up with a solution that I think will solve it but I will discuss it with you all later,” he says.

We just fall into silence, not really knowing how to feel about what we just heard.  Something is missing?  What could it be?

I will discuss with you all what happens next once things get situated. I will most likely bring you guys back in today. You all are dismissed. But Ann, could you stay? I want to talk to you,” Mr. Bang says.

I look over to Ann who just nods.  The rest of us leave but Aerum stops to say something.

Good luck, Ann because you’re surely going to need it.

Before I could do something, unnie speaks up, “Aerum! Out now!”

Actually, Hyejin, I want to talk to Aerum, too. I have some news for her, too. Aerum, if you could wait in the waiting area and my secretary will let you know when I’m ready to talk to you,” Mr. Bang says.

Aerum nods and we all leave.  Once the door shuts, face opens her big mouth . . . again, if you can believe that.

I bet he wants to tell me I’m going to make it solo or some famous artist wants to collab with me,” she says as she takes a seat in the waiting area.

Jeong just scoffs.  In her ing wild dreams.  Who the would want to work with her.  I sigh.  Lemme just stop.

Hey noona, can we go to the cafeteria? I didn’t get to eat breakfast,” Hyun says.

Unnie nods.  “Good idea. Let’s all go there and wait for Aerum and Ann,” she says before looking at Aerum.  “Make sure you stay there until the secretary calls you up,” she says before leading the way to the cafeteria.

I look towards Mr. Bang’s office door before walking with the rest of them, hoping Ann is alright.

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

So how are you doing, Ann?” Mr. Bang gently asks me.

I’m doing fine, sir.”  It's not like I don't know where this conversation is going to go.

I want to apologize for what happened to you yesterday. I am deeply sorry and I wish that would never happen to anyone. You all probably don’t see me as this, but I look at you all like my own kids. I may be tough and strict but I care for your guys’ health and safety,” he says.

I look at him, not believing that he’s saying this to me.  I smile at him.

“That means a lot sir but really, I’m fine,” I say.

He stares at me before nodding.

Your doctor called me and said you need a few days off so your stomach can heal properly. I know how stubborn you are about practicing, so you are not allowed to visit the company for five days and if you do, you will receive consequences,” he says to me.

The heck?  I totally did not see this coming.  Five days!  Do you know how much practicing I'd be missing in five days?!  “Five days? But I need to train! I need to be with the rest of the gr-“

Five days. I'm not going to repeat myself. Do I make myself clear?”

I sigh dejectedly, “Yes sir.

Good. Also, the doctor, along with other people, have noticed how you haven’t been eating or sleeping lately. And just by looking at you now, I can tell why everyone is worried. You look like you haven't slept in weeks. The doctor strongly recommended that you go back to seeing a psychologist, just so you can have someone to talk things with,” he says.

My eyes widen at this.  “Sir, with all due respect, I do not need nor do I want to go back to a psychologist,” I say.

He sighs once again, “Ann, I know you don’t want to but think about your health. I’ve already scheduled an appointment with one tomorrow. You will be seeing one while you are on rest from here. I don’t want to hear anything else about this.

I only nod as I have nothing to say.  I cannot believe this.

Good. Now, back to the dirty side of things. I’ve seen the headlines and I know how they all say that Lay has been charged with attempted but they haven’t gave out your name, which is good. I just want you to know that I will personally try my best to keep your name out of the headlines and media. People should not know about a thing like this,” he says.

I can’t help but smile at the caring CEO in front of me.  Even though he's making me do these dreadful things, I can tell he cares and really means well.  “Thank you, sir. I’d really appreciate it.”

He nods again.  “I also want you to know that I have already set up a restraining order against him. In addition, I have hired a security guard for whenever you leave the dorm. It’s not only for you but for the rest of the group. I don’t want another incident like this to happen again. Your popularity is increasing so I don’t want to take any risks.”

Also, I want you to know that it’s okay to let it out. I mean, look at me. Everyone sees me as the strict and stern CEO but even I have to leave and take some time for myself and just let my emotions out. It’s not healthy to keep everything bottled in. It’s okay to appear weak every once in a while. It only makes you stronger in the end," he says before giving a gentle smile.

I just stare at him, thinking about everything he just told me. I can’t be weak. That’s what they want. When you’re weak, they kick you down.  I also don’t need to burden my problems with everyone else.  They have their own to deal with.  I'll just continue what I'm doing.  I'm perfectly fine.

That’s all I have to say. You’re dismissed. And please, take into consideration to what I’ve said.

I nod.  “Yes sir. Again, I appreciate everything. Thank you,” I say as I scoot my chair back and stand. 

 

 

Aerum’s POV

 

I sit in the waiting office, with Mr. Bang’s secretary at her desk.  I bet he wants to tell me I’m too good for these good for nothing people and that I’m going solo.  It’s probably something even better than that!

I’m just going to go to the restroom right quick. Do you need anything?” The secretary asks.

No, I’m perfectly fine,” I say.

She nods and walks away from her desk to the bathroom.

I look towards the office door.  Wouldn’t hurt to hear what they’re talking about would it?  I stand up and walk towards the door.  I gently put my ear against it and listen to what’s going on.

“. . . You will be seeing one while you are on rest from here. I don’t want to hear anything else about this.”  Hear about what?  Why is that getting a rest?  If anyone, I’m the one in need of a break from these ridiculous non-talented people. 

I lean my ear back on the door.  “. . . I’ve seen the headlines and I know how they all say that Lay has been charged with attempted but they haven’t gave out your name, which is good. I just want you to know that I will personally try my best to keep your name out of the headlines and media. People should not know about a thing like this.”

I back away from the door with my mouth open.  She’s the one who was almost ?  Lay from EXO tried to Ann?  I scoff.  She probably seduced him and cried to the police.  Even so, this is great to hear.  I could totally use this news towards my advantage.

I hear heels clicking against the ground so I hurry back to my seat before anyone comes back.

The secretary then appears and heads back to her desk.  A few minutes later and the office door opens.  Ann walks out with her head down, not even sparing me a glance.  This is going to be so fun.  I’ll totally make her my slave with knowing what I know.

Mr. Bang will see you now,” the secretary says and I nod.  I walk in the office, shut the door behind me, and take a seat in front of Mr. Bang’s desk.

Hello Aerum. I’ll just get straight to the point,” he begins.

Of course,” I say before smiling.

As I was telling everyone before, something just doesn’t seem right with the group. Something just seems off,” he states.

I nod, knowing where this is going.

I'm afraid to say but that something is you. It also happens that your contract with the company ends in three days. I’m sorry to say, but we will not be renewing it. Your time here at the company is done.

Of course I would love to go sol-wait what?!” I say letting his words process in my brain.

I’m sorry Aerum but I just don’t think you fit well in BigHit. I’m sure you’ll find another company.”

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME! I am the best talent you have at this place. You can’t get rid of me!” I yell out of anger.  Who cares if he’s the CEO!  He has no right to do this!

I’m sorry. You are no longer allowed to use the facilities and you have three days to move all of your things out of your dorm. You are now dismissed,” he says.

I stand up and slam my hands on his desk.  I look him directly in the eyes.  “You will definitely regret this,” I say before storming out of the office.

I go into the hallway.  He is so going to wish he never let me go.

Forget hurting Ann.  I’m going to hurt this whole company.

I smirk before walking out of the soon to be gone company.

This is not going to be the last time you see me.

 

 

 

 

O.O. What do you think Aerum is going to do?? OMO. Maybe she's going to light up the BigHit building.  

6195eff58ddbe4453e34aa3ae5737436.jpg

 

tumblr_o6iaqrlSai1s55lfeo1_540.gif

 

Suga is so bae, like ya'll don't even know!! <33333 

I was going to write more but why put everytrhing in one chapter?? Heheheh. . .don't hate me.

Anyways, shoutout to everyone who continues to read and subscribe to this trash lol!  Aidemstartz, Cuddly12, perfectchanyeol, kpopxidiot, wnglo29, and btsgoats!  I still can't believe people read this but I want you to know that I appreciate you all!!!  THANKS SO MUCH!!

And thanks for the comments!!  I love reading them!

btsgoats: Omg! I can't believe you read all of this, lol! I'm glad you enjoy it! Thanks so much for reading :D

 

Until next time, PEACE :D

4a7ccd682ff3d45098b525ac3a81c7f141d35a46 JKJK. This is just some random gif I found xD. I mean, Jonghyun's look is priceless. lol.

tumblr_lhk71jCuvq1qayf48.gif But really though! You guys rock ;)