Chapter 16

Start Again

A week, 15 pages and about 5,000 words later, I finally give you guys a chapter.  Warning: This chapter contains some pretty heavy stuff but I didn't rate it M.  Just a warning.  Enjoy :)

Ff1avUO.gif

Author’s POV

The morning has arrived.  It’s BTS and the girls day off, minus Lauren. 

After what happened the previous night, Scynthia decided that she’ll talk and apologize to Ann.  She attempted to do it last night when she came home from the concert, but Ann was fast asleep.

As she leaves her room, Scynthia thinks it’ll be a good idea to make Ann some breakfast to go along with her apology.  So, before going to the kitchen, she decides to see if Ann is awake, yet.

She goes to Ann’s door and knocks.  She gets no answer so she knocks again. 

She still must be sleeping, Scynthia thinks to herself, I’ll just go in then.

She opens the door and walks in.  “Ann, I was thinking maybe we could talk over break-“

Scynthia stops talking when she realizes Ann isn’t even there.  Where the heck is she?

Scynthia walks to the kitchen to retrieve her phone where she left it last night.  As she heads to the counter, she notices a post-it note on the fridge.

She walks up to the fridge and grabs the note.

I went to the company today. You were asleep when I left and I didn’t want to wake you. I hope you had a nice time at the concert and enjoy your day off. ^_^

Scynthia’s lets out a sigh as she puts the note down.  So much for my plan. She’s probably avoiding me but I can’t blame her. I’ve been such a to her.

She sighs once again as she runs a hand through her hair.  Maybe she just needs this day to herself. I’ll just talk to her when she gets back, Scynthia thinks to herself.

Scynthia scans the dorm, figuring out what she could do during her day off.  Maybe Hoseok wants to do something, she thinks to herself before going to the counter to get her phone.

She unlocks her phone, already seeing that she has a text from Hoseok.  She opens it up.  A smile ends up on her face as she reads it. 

Be ready at 12. We’re going out ;)

Scynthia looks at the time to realize it’s 10:15am.  Her eyes widen as she realizes she still has to get ready. 

She heads to her room with a smile on her face, more than happy she’s not going to be stuck her in the dorm all alone today. 

 

 

At BigHit

Ann’s POV

 

I’m currently at the practice room stretching.  I decided to come here and just dance my day away.  It’s not like I have anything else to do.  I mean, Scynthia is still mad at me and it’s not like I can catch up on my sleep.  I got a total of two hours of sleep last night.  I feel like I haven’t slept in days and I definitely know it’s showing, as well.

I walk up to the long mirror so I could redo my hair.  As I take my hair down, I see that the circles under my eyes are even darker.  I hate the fact that my glasses can’t even hide them anymore.  I also take in the fact that it looks like I’ve lost a little weight.  Yeah, I haven’t been eating much, either.  I tend to do that when I’m stressed about stuff.

The conversation I had with my mom last night starts popping in my mind. 

“Have you looked at yourself, Ann? We’re over the computer and I can tell you’re not okay. You’re having nightmares aren’t you? And I can tell other things are bothering you, too and I know how you don’t like to talk about things,” my mom says.

“Ann, you need to stop keeping things in or you’re just going to go into an angry rampage like what happened before.”

“That was with Dad. This has nothing to do with him,” I say.

“But you’re starting to act the same way. I don’t want you going numb or becoming violent. I don't want you in that dark place again.”

“Mom, that’s not going to happ-“

“You don’t know that, Ann. I really suggest you go talk to someone before you blow up.”

I sigh as I stare at myself through the mirror, realizing that I’m just this messed up girl with so many problems.  I mean, I’m 19 years old for goodness sakes and I’m still having nightmares like a five year old.  This is all his fault.  I blame him for turning me into this weak, fragile person that can’t even sleep at night.  I blame him for my mom forcing me into therapy.  I blame him for everything.

I sigh once again, taking my mom’s words into consideration.  I kept telling myself that I wouldn’t go back to that dark place again.  Back then, after what happened with my dad, no my father, I basically went numb.  I felt nothing at all.  I had no emotion whatsoever.  And then one day, I just kind of exploded.  The only emotions I felt were pure hatred and anger.  Hatred at the man who was supposed to be my dad for doing those things to me and anger at myself, for allowing that to happen. 

But the thing I never did was cry.  I promised myself I wouldn’t cry over him.  I didn’t want to appear weak or let him think he had any effect over me.  ‘Til this day, I still haven’t cried.  Yeah, I let a few tears slip here and there but I have not full out cried.  I decided to bottle up those emotions and bury them somewhere deep down and far away, not letting him affect me any longer.

But here I am today, standing in front of the mirror and realizing how ed up I really am.

I sigh once more before shaking these thoughts out of my head.  I put my hair into a messy bun.  I walk towards the speakers and plug my phone up.  I go to my music and press the shuffle button.  I then go to the center of the room as the first song begins to play, Who Am I  by I.M from Monsta X.

I nodded my head to the beat of the song until I started to move.  I then began to dance full out.  While I’m dancing, I feel as all of my problems have just disappeared.  I felt happy and carefree, like nothing could stop me.

I could only wish I could feel this when I’m not only dancing.

 

 

Lauren’s POV

Today’s the day!  I’m currently at the photo shoot getting iKon’s clothes ready for their next theme.

As I get their outfits ready, people have been coming up to me, saying how they love my work and how they think I’m a good stylist.  Some of them even handed me their cards, wanting me to design some stuff for them.  I can’t help but smile at this.  People actually want me to design their clothes.  Some of them weren’t even in the entertainment industry.  One of the cards was some fashion label.  I mentally squealed at this.

However, my moment was interrupted as I felt someone tap my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I turn around to see this lady.  I can’t help but say how on point she looks.  Her outfit and makeup is absolutely perfect.  Her voice then snaps me out of it.

You’re Lauren, right?” she asks.

I nod.  She then gives me a big smile.

Awesome! I’m Sunhee. I’m the guys’ makeup artist. I just wanted to come and see the clothes so I could see how to get their faces ready,” she says before giggling.

Oh okay. Yeah, go ahead. It’s kind of everywhere between old school and maybe a mix between vintage and classic. I know some of their photos for these outfits are going to be taken in black & white,” I say back.

She nods her head as she observes the clothing. 

I have to say, you do amazing work! These outfits look fab! You did all of this yourself, too?” She asks in amazement.

I nod.  “Yeah. It took some long hours, though. And thanks. That really means a lot,” I say before smiling.

I can totally work with this. I think this theme of their photo session will be the best,” she starts to say before the doors to the dressing room suddenly open.

I guess the boys are here. Let’s do good, shall we? Fighting!” Sunhee says before going to the makeup chairs to get her stuff ready.

I can’t help but smile.  She seems like a really nice and cheerful person.

Noona! You’re here!” Donhyuk says as he runs to me and hugs me.

I laugh before hugging him back.  I then pull away before saying, “Of course I am. I’m excited to see you guys in action!”

Be ready to be impressed then,” Jinhwan says with a smirk.

I just roll my eyes but can’t help but smile.  “Alright, alright. I need you guys to get changed first. The outfits each have your name on it so you know which is which,” I say.

Can’t wait!” Chanwoo says before going to change.

They then all collect their outfits so they can change.  But Bobby stops in front of me.

“Are we still on after this?” He asks.

I nod and smile.  “Of course. It just better be good,” I jokingly say.

“Oh it will. Trust me,” he says before smirking and then leaving to change.

 

The guys soon all get dressed. They then come back so they can get started on their makeup.

"Okay guys. Let's start with the youngest," Sunhee says.

Chanwoo nods and sits in the chair in front of the mirror. Sunhee then begins with his makeup.

B.I. motions me to come sit next to him on the couch so I go there.

"What's up?" I ask I take a seat next to him.

"These outfits are amazing. And I just wanted to thank you again for doing this so last minute," he says before offering me a smile.

Before I could respond, Yunhyeong comes and plops on the couch next to me.

"Agreed. These outfits are perfect. The camera is going to love us even more!" Yunhyeong says and I giggle.

 

Time passed and each member was called to get their makeup done.  Soon enough, everyone was ready.

Wow. You all look really good,” I say to them.

Thanks to your outfits,” Junhoe says.

I smile.  Just then, someone comes and tells them the photographer is ready for them.

They nod and start to head out.  I then hear B.I yell for me, “Come on Lauren!”  I start to follow them as well.

 

When we went out, everything was set up.  Everything looked so hectic but really cool at the same time.  I then felt someone’s hands on my shoulders.

“You can sit here. This way, you’ll be able to see everything,” Bobby says as he leads me to a seat.

Once I sit, I give him a smile before he heads back to where he is needed.

 

Moments later, I’m sitting there watching them all pose for the camera.  I gotta admit, they are really good at this.  It’s like they know what the camera likes and doesn’t like.  They know their angles and everything.

My eyes scan each and every one of them, until they end up on Bobby.  When my eyes reach him, I see that he’s already looking at me.  He then smiles and winks at me.  I can’t help but to return the smile.  

Someone then comes and takes the seat next to me.  I look to my right only to find iKon’s manager.

You know, I’m pretty sure he likes you,” he says.

Excuse me,” I ask?

He then looks at me and smiles.  “Bobby. I’m pretty sure he likes you.”

I don’t know what to say so I just look down at my lap.

Anyways,” he starts again, “I’m not here to talk about how Bobby likes you. I’m here because I have a favor to ask you.”

"Another favor?" I ask jokingly before giggling.

He smiles before continuing.  “So you know how iKon came back with their new song, right?” he asks.

I nod, not quite sure where this is going.  “Yes, sir.

Well, the filming of their music video is about to begin but one of our actresses suddenly dropped out. I was wondering if you would be willing to help and take her place,” he says.

W-what? You want m-me to be in a music video?” I ask in total shock.

He nods.  “I do. You and the guys get along really well. And besides, you guys already worked together once. And you’ll definitely get compensated for it,” he says.

But w-wouldn’t that be weird, sir? I mean, not to be that type of person, but I am black. Wouldn’t it be weird to have a black girl in the music video?” I shyly ask.

He shakes her head.  “No it wouldn’t. It’d be different but it’s been done before. Besides, it’s YG. It wouldn’t be surprising.

I stare at the guys for a moment before looking back at their manager.  “Do I have to decide now?” I ask him.

He shakes his head.  “No, but I will need to know your answer by Monday. But if you come to a decision sooner, please let me know.”

It’s Friday now, so I’ll have three days to decide.  I nod. 

Alright. I can do that,” I say before smiling.

Great. Oh, and one more thing. Please call me oppa. It makes me feel old when you call me sir,” he says before smiling.

I nod and smile back.  “Okay oppa.

We both then watch the guys continue with their photoshoot.

ikon_1453269750_20160119_ikon(1).jpg

ikon_1453269752_20160119_ikon(4).jpg

ikon_1453269755_20160119(2)_ikon.jpg

ikon_1453269916_20160119_ikon.jpg

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I decided to get up early and set my plan into action for Ann’s forgiveness.  What’s my plan you ask?

 

Yeah, I don’t really know either.  I’d figure I would just try and talk to her.  However, I decided that I would buy her a gift, you know, just because.

 

I’m currently in a small shopping plaza that isn’t too far from our dorm.  I scan the stores, waiting for something to pop out to me.  That’s when I spot this small gift shop.

I walk inside and the bell at the top of the door rings, making the older woman at the register to look up from whatever she was doing.

Welcome,” she says with a smile.

I slide my face mask down and say, “Thanks,” before offering a smile.

Let me know if you need any help,” she says.

I nod and then begin looking around.  I first spot the jewelry section.  The pieces here are really pretty.  I then realize that Ann doesn’t really wear any jewelry besides her earrings.  She really isn’t the type to wear flashy things.

I continue to walk around and spot a shelf full of hats.  Maybe I can get her a hat.  I’ve noticed how she wears a hat almost every day.  Her collection of hats may be near to Hoseok hyung’s collection. 

As I’m looking through the hats, I notice a section full of stuffed animals.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt to look over there.  I walk over there and notice the huge variety.  There’s different animals of various sizes and colors. 

I scan all of the animals until one pops out.  I pick it up off of the shelf and look at it.  Perfect!

41iwLqm26pL._AC_UL320_SR276,320_.jpg

I know how Lauren and Scynthia always call her panda.  I find it quite funny actually.  And maybe she could use this when she’s having trouble sleeping.  I remember how she told me she has a stuffed animal at home and forgot to bring it here.

I walk up to the cash register and place the stuffed animal on the counter.

Will this be all?” the old woman nicely asks.

Yes ma’am,” I say.

She rings me up and then I pay her the money.

As she hands me the bag with the gift inside, she says, “Have a nice day and I hope she likes it.”

I reply with a thank you and a smile before exiting the store.  I guess it’s pretty obvious that I’m shopping for a girl.

I pull up my face mask and begin walking.  Just then, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I take it out and find that it’s a text message from Hoseok hyung.  I open it and read it.  Scynthia told me that Ann is at the company. Hwaiting!

I smile at the text.  Last night, I ended up telling the guys what’s been going on between me and Ann.  I even told them about the douchebag incident.  Yeah, I mean Lay.  The guys were pretty shocked to hear what happened.  Jin hyung seemed pretty upset on what I said to Ann, though.  I can’t blame him.  Ann is like the younger sister Jin never had. 

I decide to take a bus to the company.

I sigh.  I can only hope things work out.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

As I walk out of my room, the front door opens and Hoseok walks right in.

I’m here!” he yells. 

Perfect timing,” I say before going up to him and giving him a hug.  He hugs me back and kisses my forehead.

So what are we doing today?” I ask as I leave his embrace.

I thought that we could just kind of chill today. We could go take a walk and then grab a bite to eat. And then I was thinking that we could come back here and just cuddle up and watch movies and stuff,” he says.

My eyes lighten up at the last part.  “Could we watch a drama instead? It’s this new one called Doctor Crush and I wanna check it out,” I say.

He laughs.  “Of course we can.”

I smile back at him. 

Alright, let’s go,” he says before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the door.

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

I finish the song out strong.  I think I’ve been dancing for about three hours straight.  I’m panting hard and I’m pretty exhausted but I still continue.  I finish my last moves and then the song ends.  I decide that this would be a good time to take a little breather.  I walk to the speakers to unplug my phone.  Once I do, I suddenly hear someone clapping.

I turn around to see the last person I would expect to be here.

That was impressive. You are a really good dancer.

Why are you even here?” I ask.

Can I not just come and visit you? We are friends.”

I let out a sarcastic laugh.  “We are definitely not friends. Now if you could please leave, that would be lovely,” I say as I walk to my stuff to get my water bottle.

Sorry, but I can’t leave until I finish what we’ve started.”

What the heck are you talking about?” I ask.  I sigh, realizing that my water bottle is empty. 

You know what I’m talking about.

I really don’t. Now if you’ll excuse me,” I say as I start to walk towards the door.

Instead of me walking out, I’m being blocked from the door.

What are you doing?” I ask.  I’m beginning to get really annoyed now.

Like I said, I came to finish what I started and I’m not going to leave until it’s done,” he says as he turns around and shuts the door.  I then hear a click.

What the heck? Did you just lock me in? What the heck is wrong with you?” I say loudly.

He stays silent.  He then begins to walk towards me, which makes me walk backwards.

Seriously, what do you want Lay?” I ask.

A smirk appears on his face.  “I know you know but I’ll spell it out for you anyways. I came here to finish what we started at the restaurant, you know, before you rudely threw your drink on me and left. You’re lucky no paparazzi was there because it was quite embarrassing being left like that.

My eyes widen.  This dude has serious problems.  The heck does he think he is?  As I think this, I feel my back hit something hard.  I turn my head to find myself against the mirror.  I turn back around, getting ready to move but Lay is too close for me to move anywhere.  I gulp.  This is not good.

I told you I wasn’t interested. What makes you think that I changed my mind?” I ask.

He lets out a laugh.  “What makes you think I care what you think? Either way, I’m not leaving until I get what I came for. I’m leaving for China tonight and I’m going to leave fulfilled.

He then comes even closer, so close, that I can feel his breath on my face.  He then presses his body against mine.  He then presses his mouth against my ear.

You’re not escaping this time,” he whispers, which sends cold shivers throughout my body.

He then begins kissing my neck.  I begin to squirm, trying to escape from underneath him.

All of a sudden, I feel his teeth bite into my skin.  I let out a small yell.

Get off of me!” I yell as I try to push him off of me.  That seems to only agitate him more because he grabs my hands and holds then above my head with one hand.

He then brings his face in front of mine, with his smirk still there.  “Now, why would I do that, hmm?

He then goes back to my neck, biting even harder than last time.  I try my best to not let any tears or yells come out.  I refuse to give him any satisfaction out of this.

I then feel his hand slide down my body.  When it reaches my hips, I feel him go under my shirt.  He begins to roam upwards but before he could reach too far, I knee him in between his legs.

He backs away a little and bends over, cupping his precious jewels while yelling in pain.  “You ing !”

While I have the chance, I decide to run for it.  I charge towards the door and unlock it.  As I begin to open it, a hand slams it shut.  He then grabs my shoulders and slams me against the wall.  A small whimper escapes my mouth as my back takes a strike of pain.

I was trying to be nice to you but now you ruined your chance,” he says as he grips my hands again.

Yeah, like you were ever being nice to me. You’re just a big, fat per-“

The next thing I know, I felt a hand against my cheek.  He slapped me across the face, which causes my head to whip to the side.

I turn back to face him.  “What? You’re hitting girls now? Is this the only way you can get girls to even kiss you?

SLAP.

He slaps me again and this time he didn’t hold anything back. 

Shut the up or you’ll be getting worse than a few slap across your face.

I stay quiet.  At this moment, he decides to rip my shirt off, leaving me in my sports bra.  He runs his hand across my stomach.  I slightly flinch when he runs over a scar.

He then laughs.  “I see someone couldn’t take your smart mouth either. Now tell me the truth, how many guys have you ed to get into this company? I heard Kai had a thing for you? I bet you ed him, huh? He probably threw you away after he found out what such a you are.”

When I look up to meet his gaze, I don’t see Lay anymore.  All I could see was my dad’s face.  I felt like I was reliving those moments.

Answer me you !”

I couldn’t answer.  I was too afraid.  All I could see was my dad.  I couldn’t speak or move.

I then feel this painful pressure in my stomach, causing me to yell out in pain.  He just punched me in the stomach.

This is what a little like you deserves,” he says.

I then feel a hand at the waistband of my sweats.  I then feel my pants slide down my legs, exposing my underwear.

You’re lucky I have a flight to catch or I would make this last even longer,” he says.

P-please s-stop,” I start begging loudly.

Shut the up!” he says before slapping my stomach.  I scream in pain.  My body is starting to feel like it’s on fire.  I feel the weakness taking over me.

His hand starts to move towards my underwear.

STOP! LET GO OF ME. SOMEONE HELP ME. PLEASE!” I begin to scream, realizing that this might be my only chance.

His hand latches onto the waistband of my underwear.  His grip on my hands tighten.

He brings his face towards my ear.  “This is what a ing stupid like you deserves,” he says.

I squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting to see anything else he does to me.

As I feel his hand go lower, I hear him gasp.

I then feel the weight suddenly disappear off of me.  I then hear yelling but I can’t decipher what’s being said.  I feel my legs go weak as I begin to slide down the wall.  I bring my knees towards my chest.  I try my best to make myself small.  My eyes are still closed tight as I’m afraid to open them back up.

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I made it to the company.  I feel like that was the shortest bus ride of my life.  It’s probably because I was thinking of what I could say to Ann.  In the end though, I don’t think I quite got the words.  I sigh.  All I could do is just speak to her honestly.

I take the elevator.  Once I enter, I press the button indicating the fourth floor.  The doors then close and the elevator begins heading up.

I finally reach the fourth floor, which was indicated by the ding from the elevator.  The doors open and I walk out.  I turn towards the right and begin walking to their practice room.

I start to think about the different ways things could go.  She could try to ignore me again, which is highly likely.  There’s also this small chance that she could listen and just hear me out.  I’m hoping for the latter.

Loud shouting brings me out of my thoughts.  The more I walk, the louder they seem to be. 

STOP! LET GO OF ME. SOMEONE HELP ME. PLEASE!” I hear.

My eyes widen.  That sounds like Ann.  I drop the bag that’s in my hand and begin to run. 

I reach the door and immediately open it.  My eyes nearly pop out their sockets at the sight. 

What the are you doing to her?!” I yell as I grab Lay, pull him off of Ann, and throw him towards the ground.  He seems shocked so I take this chance to start punching him.  I don’t know how many punches I threw.  I just know his face was covered with blood.  Soon, I felt someone grab me.

Jimin, stop. I got him from here,” I hear someone say.

I look towards the person and realize it’s one of the building’s security guards.  He then picks up Lay and handcuffs him.

All of a sudden, I hear a soft thump.

I whip my head towards Ann, only to see that she’s now on the ground.  I hurriedly run to her.

I kneel down and put my hands on her shoulders.  The second I did that, she screamed really loud.

Ann, it’s me, Jimin. You’re safe now,” I say.

She doesn’t do or say anything.  I notice that she’s practically .  I rush to take my jacket off and wrap it around her.  Once again, she screams at the touch of the jacket.  I see that her eyes are closed.

Ann, open your eyes. You’re safe now, I promise,” I say, trying my best to stay calm.

It takes a few minutes but she finally opens them.  Once she does, tears begin flowing out of her eyes, though she doesn’t make one sound.  She just stares at me.  Before I know what I’m doing, I embrace her.  This time, she doesn’t scream at the contact, which made me relieved.  I feel her cling to my shirt tightly.  I feel my shirt getting wet but I still hear no sounds from her.

You’re safe now, Ann. You’re safe. It's okay,” I continue to say to her trying to calm her down, though I’m probably also saying it for me.

I’m going to call her manager and bring him to the police station,” I hear the security guard say.  “Are you okay to stay with her?”

Yes,” is all I say.  What exactly do you even do or say in this situation? 

The security guard leaves with that disgusting pig.

I then say the first thing that comes to mind.

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Ann.”

 

 

 

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!! It was my goal to get this poste by tonight and I did :D.

Once again, I apologize for the long wait. 

I also apologize for doing this to Lay.  I love you Lay!! Did the gif at the beginning give anything away? lolz

I can't forget my awesome subscribers! :D  Shoutout to cynthaiz, Dolcelulu, and Jemstone99!!  It makes me happy that people are still reading this even though I'm not updating as frequently as I would like.

Let me know what you guys think! I'd love to read your guys' comments! :D

Anyways, peace!! ;)