Chapter 23

Start Again

I updated earlier this morning so read the last chapter if you haven't! Enjoy! :D

0d91b411535259931581d150f090e4c7.jpg

The Next Day

Lauren’s POV

 

I woke up super early today!  I’m just so excited to take Ann to the company with me, especially because she hasn’t been here before.  I wish Scynthia could join us but she’ll be busy with her teasers and stuff.  I’m pretty sure she said she’ll be recording her song today.

Anyways, another reason I woke up early was to help pick out Ann’s outfit.  I mean, I love Ann and all but I refuse to let her accompany me to YG wearing sweats and a hoodie.  I do have an image to keep, you know.

As I’m packing my things, I notice Ann walking out of the bathroom.

“I don’t know why I couldn’t wear sweats. I don’t see what the big deal is,” Ann says.

“You are a friend of a fashion stylist so there’s no way you’re wearing sweats on my watch. Besides, you look fine. It’s not like I made you dress up or anything,” I say.

7-cute-casual-outfits-school-jeans1.jpg (minus the bag. Ann always carries her bookbag with her)

 

37d87ce38ac7.jpg (Lauren's Outfit)

“Yeah, yeah,” Ann says before grabbing her bag.

“Oh, this is a selfie moment,” I say before getting my phone out and walking next to Ann.

“I need new friends,” is all she says before I start snapping pictures of us.  I look at the pictures I took before finally choosing one.

“This one is totally going on Instagram,” I say.

“Can we just go now? I wanna see what the outside looks like again,” Ann says.

“Girl, you’ve only been here for one day, not even that because you were moving yesterday,” I say while posting the picture.

“Alright and done! Let’s go, panda!” I cheerfully say.

“God, I really need new friends,” is all I hear as I pull her out the door.

 

At YG

“And this is where all the magic usually happens for me,” I say as I open the door to the studio.  I’ve been giving Ann a mini tour of the building. 

I see Ann look around with wide eyes.  “Wow,” she says before walking to a rack full of clothes.  “Did you make all of these?” she asks.  I nod my head and smile.

“Dang. You are more talented than I thought. You wouldn’t mind if I permanently borrowed these clothes would you?” she says before giggling.

“You would wouldn’t you?” I say back.

After a few more moments of her looking around and me telling her what I do, I offer a suggestion. 

“How about I show you one of the practice rooms then we can go get some food?”

Her face lights up at this.  “Sounds like a plan!” she excitedly says.  It makes me happy seeing Ann actually smile for once.  Not a fake smile but a real smile.  Hopefully spending a day at a new place will help her out some.

 

“Alright, this is usually the room iKon uses,” I say as I open the door, only to find them lounging around.

“Is this a practice room or a hangout room?” Ann says a little bit too loudly, causing me to nudge her arm.

“Well, we’d like to consider it both. A practice room while actually practicing and a chill room when we take breaks,” Bobby says before smiling.

“Oh. Sorry. Someone didn’t tell me you spoke English,” Ann says before glaring at me.

“What? You’re the one that said it not me,” I say to her before looking back at the guys.

Anyways, this is my best friend, Ann. I was just showing her around the building and thought I’d show her a practice room,” I say as I walk inside, pulling Ann along with me.

Ann, this is iKon,” I say.

She smiles.  “Nice to meet you all.”

Wait, you look familiar,” Chanwoo says.

Oh, I know! She’s the dancer, Ann! She danced with Jimin from BTS. You’re really good by the way,” Jinhwan says before smiling and winking at Ann.  I shake my head.  This guy.

Uhhh thanks,” Ann says while trying her best to smile. 

Just as I was about to speak, their manager comes walking through the door.

Oh Lauren. I didn’t know you would be here,” he says.

I just came to visit and introduce my friend here to iKon,” I say.

That’s great. I’m actually glad you stopped by. Have you made a decision?” he asks.

Not gonna lie, I actually forgot about all of this ever since Ann’s incident.  But I guess it wouldn’t hurt right?  I mean, it’s just a music video.

Sure, why not?” I say before smiling.

That’s great! I’ll let you know more information later today. You are a lifesaver!” he says.  I can see Ann from the corner of my eye giving me a look.

Sounds good. Well, we’ll leave you guys back to working,” I say as I head to the door.  I hear Ann scoff so I give her a look.

As I reach the door, someone grabs my hand.  I turn around to see Bobby.

“What’s up?” I ask.

“We need a raincheck on our date,” he says before smiling.

I laugh at this.  “Alright. You pick the day and I’ll try my best to be there.”

He nods.  “I’ll text you later.”  He then looks at Ann.  “It was nice meeting you, Ann.”

“Yeah, you too,” she says back.

Yeah, it was nice meeting you babe!” Jinhwan yells but soon after I hear an “Ouch” and “What was that for?”

 

Me and Ann begin walking towards the café when she suddenly speaks up.

“So why are you a lifesaver?” she asks.

“Oh, umm, well, he asked me to be an extra in iKon’s new music video,” I say nonchalantly.

She stops in place and I turn around and give her a ‘what’ look.

“Don’t look at me like that! Why haven’t you told anyone?! You’re about to be in a YG produced music video!!” Ann says cheerfully. 

“Yeah, yeah. I actually forgot that he even asked me,” I honestly say.

“I can’t believe I’m friends with you,” she says.  I only shrug and continue walking.

She catches up to me and is now walking along side of me.

“So,” she starts off, “how long?”

“How long what?” I ask.

“How long have you and Bobby been dating?” she asks.

I stop in my tracks.  “What do you mean dating? We’re not dating. What makes you think that?” I say as I start walking again.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe the rescheduling of this so called date,” she says before smiling.

“That doesn’t mean we’re dating,” I say.

She shrugs.  “Well, I can tell he definitely likes you. He was practically staring at you the whole time we were there.”

I just continue to look forward as I feel myself blushing at the comment.

“It’s cool. You don’t have to admit you like him, too. Just don’t forget to invite me to the wedding,” she says before laughing.

“Hey! Let’s just go get you some food so you can shut that mouth of yours,” I say.

“Gladly,” she cheerfully says.

This girl, I swear.

 

We're just about to head into the café, when T.O.P comes out of the doors.

"Dude, is that T.O.P?" Ann asks as she stops walking.

"It is indeed," I say smiling.

T.O.P sees us and waves as he makes his way towards us.

"Hey, Lauren. Oh, who's this?" he asks.

"Hey! And this is my best friend, Ann. I'm just showing her around today," I say.

T.O.P holds out his hand and Ann gladly shakes it.  "Nice to meet you. Any friends of Lauren is a friend of mine."

Ann smiles before opening .  "Do you really choke on waffles? My friend keeps saying 'I hope T.O.P cho-" I hurriedly put a hand over Ann's mouth. 

I nervously laugh.  "Well, we have to go. See you later!" I say before pushing Ann through the doors.

"What the hell was that?" I ask her.

"What? I wanted to know because I don't understand this waffle talk," she says.

I pinch the bridge of my nose.  "Just go eat please and don't speak. Just use your mouth for chewing," I tell her.

 

 

At BigHit

Scynthia’s POV

 

Modu nal bomyeon aippeora aiai aippeora. Nae nae naega nal bwado!

“And you’re done! Excellent recording, Scynthia,” Jake, the producer says.  He is a Korean-American, which is fine by me since we can speak English with each other.

“Thanks Jake!” I say as I step out of the recording booth, “that was pretty fun!”

He smiles.  “It’ll be more fun when you get to film and perform live,” Jake says.

“Well, I better let Manager unnie know I’m done recording. I’ll see you later, Jake,” I say before waving and leaving the studio.

 

As I walk down the hall, I see Rose up ahead.

Hey, Rose!” I say as I catch up to her.

Oh, hey Scynthia. How’d your recording session go?” she asks.

Awesome!” I say and just then my phone vibrates.  I look at it and smile.

Good news?” Rose asks.

I nod.  “It sure is! Hoseok is back! Oh, I can introduce you to the guys! Come one!” I say as I grab her hand and pull her along.

 

 

We enter the café and I scan it for the boys.  I spot them and smile.  I pull Rose with me towards their table. 

Hey guys!” I say.

They all smile and greet me back.

Hey babe,” Hoseok says before pecking me on the cheek.  Once he pulls away, he notices Rose.  “Who’s this?”

This is Rose! The new member of Royalty! Rose meet BTS,” I say proudly.

Royalty?” Jungkook asks.

“Oh. We’re gonna debut in a few weeks. Royalty is our group name,” I say as I smile widely.

That’s great!” Jin says.

So awesome!” V says while smiling.

Congrats babe,” Hoseok says before pulling me into a hug.

Once everyone was settled, me and Rose took our seats.  I took one by Hoseok while Rose took the only empty one left, which was next to Namjoon.

I thought your name was Meigui?” I hear him ask Rose.

It is. Meigui means Rose in English. Rose is going to be my stage name. Plus, it’s easier to pronounce,” she says before smiling shyly.  Well, well.  What do we have here?

Namjoon nods and smiles.  Looks like we have a future couple on our hands.

So where’s everyone else?” Yoongi asks.

Well the guys are finishing filming their teasers and Ann is with Lauren at YG for the day,” I simply say.

How’s Ann doing?” Jimin asks.

I shrug.  “She’s the same really. She’s just been complaining about not being able to come to the company and working on debuting.”

Well, we have an off day tomorrow, maybe I can hang out with her,” Jimin hopefully says.

I nod.  “Anything to keep her from whining and crap,” I say.

“Anything else happen while we were away?” Jin asks.

We all moved into one dorm,” Rose says.

Oh really?” Jungkook says.

Yup! Guess who lives a couple floors below us,” I say while smirking.

Who?” V and Jimin ask at the same time.

I look at Rose who’s trying her best not to laugh.

Oh, you know. Just this famous boy group,” I say.

Rose, seeming to catch my drift, adds in.  “Mhmm. They’re a pretty good looking boy group if I say so myself.

What? Who is it? I have to drop them a visit to make sure they know you’re taken,” Hoseok sternly says.

Me and Rose look at each other before bursting out into laughter. 

What’s so funny?” Jin asks.

Your guys’ faces were priceless,” I say.

Can you just tell us who this group is?” Yoongi asks.  I can hear the annoyance in his voice. 

It’s you guys,” Rose says between laughter.

What? It is?” Namjoon asks.

I nod.  “Yeah. Hyejin unnie says you guys live a few floors below us.

Sleepover!!” V and Jungkook yell at the same time.

 

 

 

At YG

Ann’s POV

 

Somehow, I ended up at a room full of different instruments.  Lauren had to leave for a meeting and said I was free to roam around.

I look around the room and spot a guitar.  It’s been a while since I’ve even picked up one of those things.  Sighing, I walk to it and pick it up.

Guitarists.jpg

I find a seat and correctly hold the guitar on my lap.  I gently strum the strings, feeling nostalgia kick in.

 

Flashback-11 years ago

 

“Alright, Ann. Now, press this finger here and use your other hand to strum the strings,” the man said to the little girl.

The girl did what she was told.  “I did it, I did it!!” The girl excitedly said.

“Yes you did. You have natural talent,” he says before ruffling up her hair.

“Daddy, do you think I can be a performer when I grow up?” she asks.

He smiles at the girl.  “Of course. With your talent and beauty, you can do anything.”

The little girl nods.  “Okay. When I become a famous singer, will you be at my first show?” the little girl asks.

“Of course I will. I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” he says.

The little girl smiles cheerfully.

“Alright. What song do you want to learn?” he asks.

“Kelly Clarkson! Kelly Clarkson! The eyes song!” the little girl exclaims.

The man nods.  “Alright. Let’s get back to work. You have to practice for when you have your first concert.”

The little girl nods and smiles.  She picks up the guitar and begins playing and singing the song.

End Flashback

 

I stop playing the guitar, while a bitter smile appears on my face.  Guess you’re gonna miss it.  I look at the guitar.  This is the only thing you did right.  I sigh before running my hand through my hair.

Well, at least I think I found the song I’m going to be singing.  I sigh before placing the guitar back down and leaving.

I walk down the halls, hoping to find Lauren.  As I’m walking around, my phone vibrates in my pocket.  I take it out and see that it’s a text.  I look at it and see that it’s from an unknown number.

Get ready for some fireworks ;)

What the heck is this?  Fireworks?  I lock my phone and stuff it in my pocket.  I walk back to the café, hoping maybe she went back there.  As I enter, I hear “Breaking News” from one of the TV’s.

This is a Breaking News Event. We have gained some information from an inside source on the Lay case. Apparently Ann Lee, from BigHit Entertainment is the reported victim of this case.  Stick with us and we’ll keep you updated on this case. Now back to your scheduled show.

I stand frozen solid.  This can’t be happening.  I slowly back away before running out of the café.  Soon, I just decide to run out of the building.  I take my face mask out of my bag and put it on.  I continue to run, not knowing where I’m going.

I can’t believe this is happening.

 

 

Ta-dah!! I was able to do another update!  Hope you guys enjoy!! 

PEACE :D