Chapter 3

Start Again

Long chapter ahead! :)

 

Next Morning

 

Author's POV

Scynthia and Lauren are already up, of course.

They then both head to Ann's room. When they entered, they were nearly shocked!

"What are you doing up?" Scynthia asks.

Ann is currently making her bed as she is dressed and everything.

"What do you mean? We gotta be up don't we?" She asks as she pulls her covers up and folds them over neatly.

"No- it's that you're up and we didn't even have to wake you," Lauren says.

Ann just shrugs. "I'm gonna go fix me a bowl of cereal," she says before leaving for the kitchen.

Lauren and Scynthia watch her leave before staring at each other.

"Ok. No joke, but I really think something is wrong with her, like seriously," Lauren says.

"I agree. Has she really not been sleeping? Did she not get any sleep at school or something?" Scynthia asks Lauren.

She shrugs, "I'm not her roommate so I don't know. I mean, I know she's pulled a few all nighters, but other than that, I have no idea."

"Me and her are going to have a serious talk later. What about Jimin? I mean they've been talking everyday and stuff. Does he know?" Scynthia asks.

"I don't know. We can try and ask him," Lauren suggests.

"Sounds like a plan," Scynthia says before heading to the kitchen with Lauren following her.

“So,” Scynthia starts off as she sits on one of the stools in the kitchen, “how are you this morning?”

“Never better,” Ann says in the middle of eating her cereal. 

“You sure?” Scynthia asks.  She scans her face and notices how her eyes look kind of red. One could barely tell unless they look really closely, especially since Ann wears glasses.

“Positive,” she says before putting her bowl in the sink.

Scynthia looks to Lauren who only shrugs.

 

I hope you’re up girls!” Hyejin says as she enters the dorm.

Yes unnie!” Ann says.

Hyejin stops in her tracks as she stares at Ann.

Ann, you’re up?” Hyejin asks.

Yup. I’m already to go,” she says as she gets her bookbag and mask. She then goes over to the door to put her shoes on.

Hyejin looks at Lauren and Scynthia with a raised eyebrow. 

Lauren shrugs and Scynthia mouths "I have no idea."

"W-well, lets go," Hyejin says as she heads out to the door. "The boys are in the van waiting."

"See you later Lauren," Scynthia says.

"Bye Lauren!" Ann says before heading out the door.

"Have fun! Tell me what happens when you get back!"

"Will do," Scynthia says before leaving and shutting the door behind her. 
 

The girls get in the van. Scynthia sits in the very back in between Hoseok and Jungkook, with V on the other side of Jungkook.

Ann is sitting between Jin and Jimin while Namjoon is up in front in the passenger seat.

Scynthia's eyes are on Ann, as she tries to figure out what's been going on with her. She sees her yawning a few times. I knew it, Scynthia thinks to herself, she hasn't been sleeping

"You okay Ann? Did you not get any sleep last night?" Jimin asks.

"Oh I did. Just still tired I guess," she says.

"We can't have that, now can we," Jin says.

Ann shakes her head. "I'm fine really. Just gotta catch up on my sleep from school," she says before laughing.

Jin smiles, not thinking anything of it.

Jimin, on the other hand, knows something is up, therefore, doesn't buy her excuse at all.

After about five minutes, Jimin leans in and whispers in Ann's ear, "We are going to talk later and you're going to tell me what's been going on." He the leans back into his seat and stares at her for a reaction.

However, he gets none, as her eyes are closed and her head bobbing up and down but soon stops, as her head ends up on Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin sighs as he stares at her. Something is wrong. I wish you'd just tell me what it is, he thinks to himself. 

 

 

They finally pull up in front of the company. Fans are bombarding the front of the building but there are security guards by the doors.

"Okay girls, lets go. Boys, your other manager is going to take you to your performance recording, okay?" Hyejin says.

The boys all say yes.

"Umm noona," Jimin says.

"Yes Ji--" but she stops as she sees Ann sleeping.

She sighs before shaking her head.

"Can you guys wake her up?" She asks.

Jimin and Jin shake Ann and after a couple minutes, she finally wakes up.

Ann looks around as she comes to her senses.

"Oh, sorry I fell asleep. Are we heading in now?" She asks.

Hyejin nods.

"Alright. Bye guys!" Ann says before leaving the van.

"That girl seriously has something she's not telling me," Scynthia says before sighing.

"See you guys later," she says. She gives Hoseok a quick kiss before leaving the van as well.

Hyejin is right behind them, helping them get inside the building.

The fans waiting outside the building begin cheering for Ann and Scynthia. They are shocked to see them, as they didn't exactly know when they would come back.

"Omo! You guys are back!" 
"Ann! How's your foot?"
"I love you Scynthia!'
"Fighting!

The girls are already inside, now heading up to the CEO's office.

Hyejin knocks on the door and opens it when she hears a 'come in.'

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

Oh girls! I’m so glad you’re back. Please have a seat,” Mr. Bang says.

Me and Ann sit down while unnie stands.

So, are you girls ready for training?” he asks.

Me and Ann nod.

Great! So, things are going to go differently this summer,” he says.

What do you mean, sir?” I ask him, being all curious.

I’m going to put you two in a group with three other trainees,” he says before smiling.

A girl group?” Ann hesitantly asks.

That’s where the word new comes in at. I want to start a mixed gender group. You will be placed in a group with two guys and one other girl,” he says while smiling.

My mouth falls open while Ann just sits there quietly.

I know you two must be pretty shocked. But I think this is going to go very well. Hyejin, could you bring them to meet the other three trainees?” he asks.

Yes sir.

Well, after you meet your other group mates, you two are free for the rest of the day. Tomorrow, you guys start training. Like I said before, I’m glad to see you girls again. Big things are awaiting,” he says before smiling and pumping his fist in the air while saying, "Fighting!"

Come on girls,” Hyejin says.

We bow to Mr. Bang and leave.

 

A girl-guy group? You think this is going to work?” I ask Ann.

I don’t know. I just hope the other three people are nice,” she says as we follow Hyejin.

Hyejin then stops in front of a room and then opens the door.  We walk into the practice room to see three people sitting on the ground.

Hey guys,” unnie says to them.

Oh, hi noona,” the taller guy says.

Hello,” the other guy and a girl say at the same time.

I want you guys to meet your other two group mates. This is Ann and Scynthia,” Hyejin says pointing to each of us.  “Girls, this is Areum, Jeong, and Hyun. Guys, you all will be group mates. I’ll leave you all alone for a little bit to get acquainted with one another,” she says before leaving us with these three people.

We all just stand there in silence.

Well, this isn’t awkward at all,” Jeong, the taller guy says.

I smile and nod.

Well, why don’t we sit down and get to know each other a little,” Jeong says.

Sure,” I say as me and Ann join them and sit in a circle on the floor.

Ok. Let’s start with introducing ourselves again. I’m pretty bad with names. So, I’m Jeong and I’m 22 years old. I b-boy and rap,” he says.

photo522893.jpg (Jeong---bae I tell you)

I nod and smile, “Nice to meet you Jeong.”

He smiles back and nudges the guy next to him. Hyun, I think it was? Not totally sure.

Oh, sorry about that. I’m Hyun, 21 years old and I sing,” he says before smiling.

11008254_426816890814205_1813465687_n.jp (Hyun----freaking bae omg! The fact that he's only 21...i gotta chance guys!....okay, back to the story)

Ann nods and I smile.

Areum, your turn,” Hyun says.

For what? They might not even stay here. They’re just some foreigners who probably can’t even do anything,” she says.

Oh. I see how it is. She’s one of ‘those girls.’  I inwardly sigh. Seriously, how am I supposed to be with her for a whole summer.

Aerum! Don’t say that. I’m sure they are very talented or Mr. Bang would have not put them in the group. Now introduce yourself properly,” Jeong sternly says.

Wow, gotta admit. He seems pretty cool. He seems like a leader.

Fine. My name is Aerum and I sing,” she says.

mX44jzanGaKUrDJcyGXuWIWQrNx.jpg(Aerum)

I quirk up an eyebrow at her.

Well, nice to meet you all. My name is Scynthia, I’m 20, and I’m a rapper. And it’s true that we are foreginers. We’re from the U.S.” I say before smiling.

Wow! That’s really cool! Your Korean is really good, too!” Hyun says.

Thanks! Ann here is part Korean so she taught me,” I say and nudge Ann.

My name is Ann and I’m a d-dancer. I’m 19,” she says before scratching the back of her head.  Seriously, what is with her? She can’t even say the word dance.

Sweet! I’m so glad there’s another dancer in the group. We should have a dance battle or something to show off our skills,” Jeong says.

Yeah, sure. That’d be fun.” Ann says before forcing a smile.

I look away from Ann to see Aerum staring at me. I raise an eyebrow at her. “Is something on my face or am I just that good looking? I can give you a picture if you want,” I say.

Jeong and Hyun try their best to keep in their laughter.  Even Ann smiles at that. Yup, it looks like you’re all by yourself there, Aerum.

Aerum just rolls her eyes and mumbles a ‘whatever.’

Just as I was about to say something, Hyejin comes back. I swear, her timing has been so bad lately. She must suspect these things.

 

Alright guys. Ann and Scynthia will be back tomorrow as you all will officially be training together,” she says.

I get up and walk to the door, with Ann following me.

It was nice meeting you guys! I think we’ll work well together!” I say before leaving.  Ann waves and smiles.

 

 

We are now in the van to head back to the dorm to pick Lauren up so we can head to SM.

So, what do you think about those three?” Hyejin asks us.

Jeong and Hyun are really cool. Aerum is just something else,” I say.

Yeah. I’ve heard not many people like her at the company. Apparently she’s in some rumor or something. But she can sing pretty well, I know that,” unnie says.

Rumor? Can it be? Nahhh, that can’t be the same chick. Nah.

What about you Ann? I think you and Jeong will especially get along. Your guys’ dancing capabilities will blow everyone away,” she says smiling.

Yeah,” is all Ann says.

Hyejin just sighs before focusing on the road again.

 

We pick up Lauren and are now on our way to SM.

 

No way! A mixed group? That’s pretty cool! I’m excited for this!” Lauren says.

Yeah. The other two members are pretty nice. I’m not quite sure about the chick, though,” I say.

Why do you say that?” Lauren asks.

I was going to respond but Ann beat me to it.

Apparently we and are talentless because we’re foreigners,” Ann says while still looking out the window.

She said that?” Hyejin asks.

Yeah, she did. She’s probably one of those people who thinks she’s the best at everything,” I say.

Lauren nods.

 

Soon we pull up in front of SM.

“I’ll call you guys when I’m on my way, okay? Have fun!” Hyejin says before she drives off.

 

We enter the SM building. Ann goes to call Jongin to let him know that we’re here.

What if we got chosen to be in this company intead?” Lauren asks.

I don’t know. I’m happy where I’m at now, though,” I honestly say.  I really could not picture myself being at another company.

Agreed!” Lauren says.

 

Soon enough, Kai comes down, smiling at us as he spots us.

Ann!” he says as he goes up and hugs her!

Hi oppa!” she says as she smiles.

Hey Lauren and Scynthia,” Jongin says as he gives us a hug, too.

Let’s go! The guys will totally be surprised about this. Plus there’s some people I want you to meet,” he says as he grabs Ann’s hand and drags her away.

Come on guys!” he yells to me and Lauren over his shoulder.

We laugh and follow them.

 

 

Jongin’s POV

 

I drag Ann to the practice room and make sure Lauren and Scynthia are following behind.

We reach the door and I open it.

Guys, guess who I found!” I say to the guys.

They all turn towards us and stare with mouths open.  Then, they all break into smiles and run to the girls to say their hellos and give them their hugs.

Why didn’t you tell us you all were coming?” Suho asks.

Well, I did tell oppa,” Ann says as she glares at me, “guess he didn’t tell you,” she says looking back at Suho.

Wanted to keep them all to yourself, huh?” Baekhyun asks before laughing.

I just wanted to surprise everyone,” I say.

So who did you want us to meet?” Scynthia asks.

Just as I was about to say who, someone knocked on the door.

That should be them now,” I say as I get the door.

I open the door and move out the way so they could enter.

Guys I want you to meet Ann, Scynthia, and Lauren. Girls, this is-“ but I got cut off before I could even introduce them.

“No way!”

“I think it is!”

“. . . .”

Everyone else laughs at them while the girls just stand there.

Yeah, Shinee and Lay hyung!” I finally say as I'm trying not laugh.

I think they’re frozen,” Key hyung says.

I shake my head. “They’re just starstruck for the moment,” I say before smiling.

Well, I’d say we should introduce ourselves, but I-“ Onew starts.

We already know who you guys are! Omg! We are all such big fans of you guys!” Scynthia says.

Yes! Not only your music but the dramas you guys act in! Oh my goodness!” Lauren says.

"I guess I'm not that big here, yet," Lay hyung jokingly says.

It seems as Ann already came back to and is already smiling.

"N-no. I'm a huge fan of yours!" Ann says before shyly smiling.

Well, let’s all sit, shall we?” Chanyeol suggests.

Yeah, let’s get to know these three beautiful girls some,” Jonghyun says.

Key slaps him upside the head. “They are probably teenagers, you ert,” Key says.

Jonghyun shrugs and walks away, not before winking at the girls, though. This hyung, I swear.

We all sit in a circle. Ann is sitting in between me and Lay, while Scynthia is sitting next to Taemin and Lauren is sitting next to Minho. Seems like they sat next to their biases.

Okay, who wants to start introducing themselves,” Onew asks.

Lauren raises her hand. “I’ll go! So, my name is Lauren, I’m 20 years old, and I work as a fashion stylist at YG entertainment,” she proudly says.

No way! You design and make clothes?” Key hyung asks?

I do!” Lauren responds.

Oh my goodness! We should totally collab and talk sometime! I like you already!” Key says. Lauren just nods and smiles. Goodness, I can already picture these two now. I wouldn’t be surprised if their was a clothing line coming out soon.

I’m Scynthia and I’m also 20 years old. I’m a trainee at BigHit Entertainment,” she says.

You look familiar,” Jonghyun says, “so do you,” he says as he points at Ann.  

Oh, got it! Scynthia, you’re J-Hope’s girlfriend right? And you two performed at the MelOn Awards. Yupp, that’s it. I knew I wasn’t going crazy,” Jonghyun finishes.

“Oh, really? You’re the girl who injured their foot during the performance. It was really good by the way. Both of you did an awesome job,” Minho says.  As he says this, I feel Ann tense up.

Um, yeah. They’re both trainees at BigHit!” I say, trying to move this conversation along.

So you and Scynthia are both BigHit trainees?” Lay asks Ann.

"Yeah," she says before smiling. "Oh, I'm Ann, by the way, and I'm 19 years old."

"Oh my goodness! She's just a baby!' Key says.

"Looks like Sehun and Taemin aren't the maknaes anymore," Onew says and everyone laughs.

So, Lauren is a fashion stylist at YG. You two are trainees. What's your talents?” Taemin asks.

"I rap and Ann dances," Scynthia says.

Really? We all should dance together sometime,” Lay says.

Aw hyung, she’s my dancing partner, though,” I jokingly say.

Lay laughs and Ann smiles.

So, Scynthia, you’re officially in a relationship with J-Hope, huh?” Taemin asks. I stare at him. Where is he going with this?

Scynthia nods her head.

Man, that’s too bad then. He’s a lucky guy,” Taemin says. I can see him staring intently at Scynthia.

T-thanks,” Scynthia says.

 

 

We all hung out and talked for a while before their manager called, saying she was outside.

Well, we have to go now. It was definitely a pleasure meeting you all,” Lauren says as she and the girls gather their things.

The pleasure was definitely ours,” Taemin says to them, even though he’s staring at Scynthia.

Ann comes to me and gives me a hug.

Thanks for inviting us,” she says before letting me go.

Anytime. We wanted to see you,” I say as I ruffle her hair.

Aw, come on oppa! My hair isn’t like everyone else’s. I can’t just put it back in place and boom, it’s fixed,” she says as she fixes it and pouts.

I just laugh at her.

Lay then comes up to us.

It was nice meeting you, Ann. And I meant what I said when I hope we can dance together sometime,” he says before smiling at her.

She nods and smiles, "Of course."

Great! We should exchange numbers then,” he says as he pulls out his phone.

Oh, um, sure,” she says as she gets his. 

They then exchange numbers.

Ann lets go!” Lauren says.

Well, I’ll see you guys later. Thanks again, oppa,” she says before heading towards the other two.

I’ll walk you guys out,” I say as I walk with them.

"It's okay. We know our way out. See you all later!" Scynthia says and they leave

Taemin then comes up to me and Lay.

"What's up?" I ask.

"So, how long have Scynthia and this BTS guy been dating?" Taemin asks.

"For a couple months now, I think. Why?" I ask as I look at him strangely.

"No reason. Just curious," he says.

"Don't do anything stupid, Tae," I say.

"So is Ann the awesome dancer you told me about?" Lay asks.

"Yeah. I hope she agrees to dance with us. She's really good," I say back.

"Yeah, hopefully she does," Lay says.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back at the Girls Dorm

 

Scynthia’s POV

We all walk in to see BTS waiting for us. 

Hey Hoseok!” I say as I give him a hug.

Hey, babe! How was your guys’ day?” he asks.

It was okay. We found out that we are being put into a mixed gender group and we met our group mates today,” Ann says as she takes a seat on the couch.

Really? Who are they? Maybe we know them,” Jimin says as he sits next to Ann.

Can they just date already, or what, geez.

Jeong, Hyun and Aerum,” I say.

A-areum?” Hoseok says nervously.

Uhh, yeah. She isn’t the nicest person to be around, I tell you that,” I say.

I turn towards Hoseok who looks nervous all of a sudden.

Are you okay?” I ask Hoseok.

Aerum is the girl who started the rumors about her and him kissing,” Namjoon says.

I stand there in shock.  So it is her.  Her name just continues to bring me bad news today.

Is that why she was so mean to ya'll?” Lauren asks.

Mean? What do you mean?” Jungkook asks.

She basically called us talentless because we’re foreigners,” Ann says like it’s nothing.

She what?!” Hoseok exclaims.

It’s not a big deal. The big deal is that I’m in a group with a girl who wants my boyfriend,” I say.

Hoseok isn’t going to do anything,” V says.

I know that. I trust Hoseok. I don’t trust Aerum. Yall don’t know what girls are capable of. I’m just going to have to keep any eye on her,” I say.

Aww. Are you jealous?” Hoseok says as he tries to backhug me.

You wish,” I say before laughing.

Anyways, on to the important stuff. You’ll never guess who we met! Like seriously, never!” Lauren says.

Who’d you guys meet?” Jin asks.

Shinee!” We all yell at the same time.

I still can’t believe we met them! It was just so awesome!” I say excitedly.

Yeah. And we met Lay from EXO! By the way, what were you and him talking about Ann?” Lauren asks.

He said he wanted to dance sometime and asked to exchange numbers. Nothing really,” she says nonchalantly.

Really now? You don't seem excited,” Jimin says. Someone’s jealous. Maybe this will give him enough balls to ask Ann out already.

"Oh, but she is! Lay is her favorite in EXO. I'm surprised she didn't faint or anything when she met him," I say with a smirk.

Ann just glares at me.

"He's your favorite, huh?" Yoongi asks as he smirks, too. He looks at me before winking. I see we're on the same page.

"Maybe," Ann mumbles.

"Why is that?" Jimin asks.

"Nothing. Can we not talk about this right now?" Ann says.

Well, it seems like you all had an eventful day,” V says.

We sure did!” I say back.

Well, let’s go eat shall we. Dinner should be ready,” Jin says.

Yes! Oppa is the best!” Ann says as she hurriedly jumps off the couch.

I laugh at her.

 

 

Tomorrow shall be interesting.

 

 

 

 

Goodness! That was a long chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed it! I had fun writing this. Some of you may have picked up that pictures of the groupmates are all from the drama Come Back Mister. Eeek! Such a good show. I'm almost done with it. But the two guys are babes omg, you don't even know! And can't forget Rain! lol.

Well, until next time, PEACE!