Chapter 12

Start Again

The Next Day

Author’s POV

 

Everything was pretty much the same.

Scynthia, Ann, Jeong, Hyun, and Aerum are currently practicing for their recording.  Aerum hasn’t even spoken much, which everyone thought was pretty weird but no one complained about it.  But then again, Hyun was a little quiet today, as well.  Let’s just say there was some tension in the practice room.

The dance and vocal instructors gave them a five minute break.  Aerum left to go to the bathroom, while everyone else practically passed out on the ground. 

This is brutal. I didn’t think it would be this hard but this is really kicking my ,” Scynthia breathes out.

“Tell me about it. I didn’t think it would be that hard singing and dancing at the same time but goodness was I wrong,” Ann says as she sits up from her supine position.

Jeong laughs, “Well, it’s only our first day. We’ll get better.”

I hope so,” Scynthia says.

Ann went to sit next to Hyun and nudged his shoulder.  “Hey, you alright?”

He looks at her and nods.  “Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just still kinda upset over yesterday. I mean, I didn’t mean to blow up but I’ve been holding all of that in for a while,” he says.

I shrug.  “Everybody blows up every now and then. It’s not good to hold all of those emotions in, you know. If you ever need a pair of ears, I’m here. I’ve been told I’m a pretty good listener,” Ann says before smiling. 

Hyun chuckles.  “Thanks. I’ll make sure to remember that for next time.

Ann nods and smiles back.

Jeong stared at Scynthia before speaking.

So how are you doing?” Jeong asks Scynthia.

She shrugs.  “Fine, I guess.”

Have you talked to Hoseok any?” Jeong asks.

Scynthia keeps quiet for a moment before answering.  “No.”

You know, I’m not taking any sides or anything, but you should at least give him a chance to explain,” Jeong says to him.

Scynthia just sighs.  “I know. I just don’t know if I’m ready to hear it. What if he really cheated on me and doesn’t want to be with me anymore?

You never know if you don’t give him a chance to explain. But do you really think that’s the case here?” Jeong says while looking at Scynthia.  Scynthia thinks about what Jeong just asked her.

Before Scynthia could respond back, Aerum and the two instructors come back in the practice room.

Alright guys. Break time is over. Get in your places,” the dance instructor says.

Everyone got into their places and resumed back to their practice.

 

 

BTS’s Practice Room

Author POV

 

“Alright guys, let’s take five,” Namjoon says after turning off the music.

All of the guys sat on their floor, either drinking their waters or scrolling through their phones.

Has Scynthia talked to you any?” Jin asks Hoseok.

Hoseok sighs before shaking his head.  “And I don’t know how much longer I can take of it, either.”

Do they know about our show tomorrow tonight?” Yoongi asks.

I texted Ann about it but I think they’re still practicing. I’m hoping she can persuade Scynthia to come along.

I’m sure they’ll come. Noona isn’t mad at all of us,” Jungkook says.

Everyone turn their heads towards him.  V gives him a slap on the back of his head.

Ouch! I didn’t mean it like that,” Jungkook says.

I’m sure everything will work out. It’s just going to take some time,” Jin says before giving him a small smile.

Hoseok sighs before saying, “I hope so. I really hope so.”

A few moments of silence pass.

Hey, you’ve been pretty quiet over there, Jimin. Something on your mind?” Namjoon asks.

Jimin lifts his head up and looks at the other guys.  “No. I’m fine,” he blankly says.

Yoongi raises an eyebrow at him but doesn’t say anything. 

Alright guys. Let’s get back to work,” Namjoon says.

 

At YG

Lauren’s POV

 

It’s now my lunch break and I’m walking to the cafeteria.  I was going to text Bobby and tell him I’d be able to hang out tonight but I thought it’d be better to tell them in person.

Once again, I find myself scanning the cafeteria for these seven guys.  I soon spot them at a table talking and laughing amongst each other.

I walk up to them.  “Mind if I join you guys?” I ask them.

“Of course!” Chanwoo says excitedly.

I smile and nod, taking the empty seat between Bobby and Jinhwan.

So, Bobby told us he asked you if you could hang out with us tonight but you never told him,” Junhoe says.

I look to Bobby before turning back around to face the rest of the guys and smile.

That’s what I came to talk to you all about, actually,” I say.

So are you coming?!” Donghyuk asks excitedly.

I nod my head and smile.  “You guys will have an extra person tonight,” I say before chuckling.

That’s great!” B.I. says.

So what did you guys have planned for tonight anyways?” I ask them as I steal a fry off of Bobby’s plate.  I see him give me a smile before shaking his head.

Well now that you’re joining us, it’s going to be a surprise now,” Yunhyeong says while smiling.

A surprise?” I hesitantly say.

Relax. It’ll be fun, I promise. Just trust us,” Bobby says as he looks at me.

I stare at him for a moment before nodding. 

Great!” Jinhwan says!

I give a small smile.  Hopefully this surprise won't lead to another disaster.

 

 

Back at BigHit

Ann’s POV

Our long and I mean way long practice ended for the day.  I basically just drank all of my water in one gulp. 

Alright,” our vocal instructor began, “tomorrow, we are going to start filming you guys. We think you all are ready and the CEO agrees, as well. So, if everything goes right tomorrow, the video can be up by the end of tomorrow or early the next day,” she says.

“No way!” Hyun says excitedly.  I’m glad he’s finally back to his fun self.

The dance instructor just nods and smiles at us.

Wow. I can’t believe it’s so soon,” Scynthia says.

I know. This just means we’re getting better,” Jeong says.

I nod in agreement.  Just think, depending how people react to our recording, we could be debuting soon.  Seems quite exciting, doesn’t it?

Well, you guys go home and get plenty of rest tonight. You all have a big day tomorrow!” our vocal coach says, who also seems really excited about this.  They then both leave.

Well, you heard what she said. Make sure you all get plenty of rest tonight! Just go straight to the dorms, eat, and go to bed,” Jeong says.

Me, Scynthia, and Hyun look at each other before looking back at Jeong.  We all say, “Yes sir!” in unison.  Jeong just smiles while shaking his head.

We then went to gather all of our things.  I noticed that Aerum left.  She’s been really quietly lately and I don’t know how to take that.  It could either be a good or bad thing.  I’m hoping for good but somehow, my gut is telling me she’s up to something.

I shrug off this feeling for now.  I pick up my phone to see that I have a text from Hoseok.  I click it open and read it.

We have a show tomorrow night. Do you think you can make Scynthia show up? Everything is planned, I just need for her to be at the concert.

I think for a while before a plan pops in my head.  I then reply back, Of course. She will definitely be there!

I then get up and we all leave for home.

 

 

We pull up in front of our dorm.  Scynthia leaves the van, leaving me and Manager unnie behind.

Something wrong, Ann?” she asks as she notices that I'm still in the van.

I nod my head. “I actually have a favor to ask you,” I say to her.

She quirks up an eyebrow but nods her head, wanting me to continue.

You know about BTS’ performance tomorrow night, right?” I ask her.

She nods her head, “What about it?

I let out a breath.  “I was wondering if you could tell us it’s required for us to attend it. You could say it’s part of our training or something,” I say.

Why would I do that?” she asks.

Well, Hoseok and Scynthia haven’t talked for practically two days, and Hoseok has a plan but he just needs for Scynthia to be there in attendance,” I tell her.

She seems to be contemplating the idea as she furrows her eyebrows together.  She then looks at me.

Alright. I can only make her go but the rest is up to you guys,” she says before smiling.

I nod and smile at her.  “Thanks unnie!”

She nods and smiles.  “Just be careful. I don’t want anyone to hurt any more than they already are. But I hope it all works out. Now go in and get some rest. You have a big day tomorrow,” she says.

I will,” I say before bidding her good night and head up to the dorm.

 

 

As I enter the door, my phone vibrates in my pocket.  I get my phone and realize it’s a call.  I look at it to see that it’s Jimin.  I sigh before ignoring it and putting my phone back in my pocket.

I see Scynthia sitting on the couch and watching T.V. 

“Lauren called and said she’d be late coming back tonight. Apparently she’s hanging out with iKon,” Scynthia says.

“Really? Well, that’s good. Hopefully it’ll help her get over this Taehyun thing,” I say.

“Yeah, me too. She’s been working hard over there, so it’ll be a nice break just to hang out,” she says.

I nod.  “Well, I’m going to take a shower. I feel sweaty and sticky,” I say.

“Yeah, I smell you from here,” she says before laughing.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” I say as I begin to walk to the bathroom. 

 

Lauren’s POV
 

I’m waiting by the lobby for iKon.  Before we all left lunch, they told me they’d meet me in the lobby and we can all leave together.

I decided to sit down on a bench and check my Instagram while I wait.  Apparently I’ve been getting pretty popular since I’ve been uploading my outfits and designs on there.  I smile as I read through the comments. 

I hear noises coming down the hall.  I look up, thinking it’s the guys but it isn’t. Instead, I see Taehyun walking down the hall.  I look back down at my phone, hoping he doesn’t see me. 

So far, so good.  I don’t think he notices me.  But the closer he gets to the door, I realize he’s on the phone talking to someone.

Yeah. Of course tonight is still on. I hope you’re excited because it’s going to be a big surprise. I made sure everything was perfect just for you. Can’t wait to see. . .”

His voice trailed off as he exited the building. 

I look at the door before sighing.  I guess he really didn’t care about me at all.  I’ve wasted all of my time and energy on him.  I really thought we had something going on there.  I wonder what he was doing while I was back at school in the states.  I wonder how many lies he’s told me.  I guess I wasn’t the only one he was talking to.  I really know how to pick em, huh?

Hey, Lauren! Are you okay?

I turn towards the voice that said my name.  I see that it was Donghyuk that said that while the other guys are there, as well.

I force a smile and nod my head.  “Yeah. You guys ready to go?” I ask them.

Chanwoo nods his head and smiles.  “Yes! We are going to have so much fun!” he says excitedly.

I smile, “Alright.”

They start to head out the door and I begin to follow.  I notice that Bobby stayed beside me.

We all got into the van.  I ended up in the back by the window with Bobby next to me.  The van pulls out into the street.

Bobby gently nudges me.  I turn my head towards him. 

“Are you alright? You didn’t look too good when you were in the lobby,” he says in English.

I just nod.

“If you nee-“ he gets cut off by loud music and singing.

I turn my head towards the front to see what was going on.  The guys are dancing and singing in their seats.  I couldn’t help but giggle at them.

They’re singing and dancing to We Like 2 Party by Big Bang.  They are all just goofing off, even B.I. is dancing.  I always thought he was the quiet type.  It’s really cool seeing them let loose and being themselves. 

 

The van stopped so I looked out my window.  We’re not at a particular place.  I just see a bunch of people, just everywhere.

Where are we?” I ask no one in particular.

We’re in Hongdae,” B.I. says before putting his face mask on.  All of them put on either a facemask or hat, or even both, before getting out of the van.

I step out the van and scan my surroundings.  “Oh my god! You guys weren’t joking! My friend would be so jealous and mad at me right now if she knew I was here,” I say before laughing.  Ann would be asking why I didn't invite her.

Good thing she doesn’t know then,” Jinhwan adds in.

“Oh, I’m definitely going to brag about this to her,” I say and the guys laugh.  “So what are we doing first?” I ask.

Bowling!” Chanwoo and Yunhyeong yell at the same time.

Oh, I haven’t bowled in forever but I’m up for it,” I say before smiling.

They all nod and we walk to the bowling alley.  On the way there, Bobby comes beside and says, “Not a bad surprise, huh?” before smiling.

I look at him and smile.  Nope, not a bad surprise at all.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

Once Ann went in the bathroom, I turned back to the T.V.  I’m watching Running Man, the episode with Red Velvet.  Goodness, I absolutely love this group.  As I’m watching their Random Dance Play, I hear my phone go off.

“Not during the best part,” I say out loud. 

I grab my phone off the table and look at it.  Thank goodness, it’s just a text message.  I click on it and realize it’s a picture message.  I look back at the T.V. to catch them trying to dance to Dumb Dumb super fast.  I laugh at this.

I glance back at my phone then back at the T.V.  Wait, what?

I look back at my phone to see the picture.  I click on it so it would go to full screen, just to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me.

What the. . . I scroll through the pictures.  Tears automatically start burning from my eyes, ready to fall down my face.  How-how?  I can’t even finish my thoughts.  I don’t even know what to think right now.

Just then, I hear the bathroom door open.  Ann comes out singing some song. 

“Dr., Dr. Feel Good. Come make me feel real good. Strap me down into my chair. I’ve been feeling real bad.”

I ignore her as I’m still looking at my phone.

She then comes into the living room.  “You know, that song is really dirty but so catchy,” she says before laughing.

I then stand up and walk in front of her, my eyes still on my phone.

“Are you okay? You look like you’re about to cry. Did you watch some sad drama or something? Wait, did you watch that music video with Youngguk again? What's it called, I Remember?” I hear her ask me.

I then look up from my phone and look directly at her.

“How could you?” I ask her.

“How could I what? What is going on Scynthia?”

“Don’t you play stupid with me, Ann. You know exactly what you’ve been doing. So how long has it been going on?” I ask her.

“I really don’t know what you’re talking about. I can’t exactly read your mind. If this is referring to food, you should know by now that I steal your food all of the time,” she says.

I let out a not so humorous chuckle before shoving the phone in her face.  “Maybe this will remind you,” I say.

She catches the phone before it fell.  She looks at me before looking at the phone.  I see her eyes widen.

“W-what? Scynthia, seriously, this isn’t wh-“

“I can’t believe you, Ann! You’re supposed to be my best friend and you end up doing this to me?!”

“Scynthia, I didn’t do any-“

“What do you mean? There’s proof right there! I can’t believe you’ve been seeing Hoseok behind my back.”

“If you’ll ju-“

"Just what? Explain? Those pictures explain it all!" I yell as I'm fuming with anger.

"Just list-"

Before I know it, my right hand ended on her cheek.  I heard a gasp come from her as she put her hand on her cheek.

“I can’t believe you. You know, Jimin was probably right. You probably were enjoying what Lay was doing to you, huh? Then you moved to Hoseok. Tell me Ann, how many guys have you actually been with? Are you moving from group to group? Who’s next? Shinee? Or are you going to move to YG and get with one of them over there?”

I finally stop to take a breath.  As I stare at her, I see tears trickling down her face.  I’m so built up with anger that I don’t even give two s that she's crying.

I walk closer to her and bend down to her level, so close that our noses are touching.  I see her flinch.  “You’re just pathetic.  You’re no worse than Jenny. You should go find her. You two now have a lot in common. You disgust me,” I say before walking to my room, not forgetting to shove her with my shoulder as I passed her.

I slam my door shut and lean my back on it.  I slowly slide down until I reach the floor. 

 

Then . . . I lose it.  My cries and sobs finally come out.

 

 

 

 

Well guys. . .there's that. That was legit really hard for me to write, lol. I hope you guys enjoyed it though! Let me know in the comments what you think! :)

Eeeekk. So I just now noticed that I got 2 upvotes, xD. Thanks for that guys!

Annnddd shoooouuutttoouuuttt two my new subcribers! 7kpoplover7 and Jinniyo

You guys are awesome!! Thanks! :D

 

 

 

 

So this has absolutely nothing to do with the story. But like, I need to let this out. My BTS album came today! And brrrruuuhhhhh. My feels were everywhere! From Save Me to the I Need U Urban Remix. Like omg. BTS is literally trying to kill me! Like I still can't even at this moment! LOL. Well, thanks for listening to this useless stuff lol.

 

As always, PEACE :D

 

(BRUUUUHHH YASSSS. This was me today!!! Add some tears and screaming and it'd be perfect! XD)