Chapter 14

Start Again

At the Dorm

Scynthia's POV

I'm sitting on the couch waiting for Hyejin to come pick us up for the concert. I look over to Ann's door. She hasn't been out since we got back from the company.  She's been trying to talk to me on the ride here but I just ignored her.  What am I even doing?  

I sigh as I run my hand through my hair. Maybe I'll talk to her after the concert. It's been so weird not talking to her all day and I miss that.  I miss my best friend.

As I'm stuck in my thoughts, I hear the door open.

"Are you ready, Scynthia?" Asks Hyejin.

I stand up and walk over to her. 
"Yeah but Ann isn't ready yet," I say. 
"She said she didn't feel up to it so I'm letting her stay here. She didn't look too good, either. Did she not tell you?" She asks.

"Oh. No. I've been getting ready. Maybe I should stay with her," I say, feeling really bad if Ann really is sick.

"No, no. She just needs some rest. Let's go, Hyun and Jeong are waiting in the van. And you look really nice by the way," she says before smiling.

A-little-Dressy.jpg

I slowly nod and smile. I grab my purse and look back at Ann's door before following Hyejin out the door.

 

At the Concert Hall

 

Hoseok’s POV

 

We’re all in our dressing room getting ready for our mini concert.  It’s a surprise to our fans and we’re just going to perform a few songs for them, letting them know that we appreciate everything they’ve done for us. 

I can’t help but pace back and forth.  I’m really nervous.  What if Scynthia doesn’t come?  What if something goes wrong with my plan?  What if she doesn’t want to be with me after all of this?  I frown at this thought.  I can’t imagine not having her with me.

Hoseok!

My name being called pulls me out of my thoughts.

Yeah?” I say as I stop pacing and look towards Namjoon.

Stop worrying will you? Everything is going to be fine. You just need to relax,” Namjoon says.

I sigh.  “I can’t help it. I’m really nervous. What if something goes wrong?

Nothing is going to go wrong. And if it does, you have us for backup,” Namjoon says.

All I can do is nod.  Maybe he’s right.  I just need to relax a little.  Everything will be great, right?

A knock comes from our door.  V yells a come in.  My eyes widen at who comes through the door.

Hey boys,” Hyejin says, “I thought I would bring them back here if you all don’t mind.”

“Not at all,” I hear Jin say.

Great,” Hyejin says before turning back to our guests, “I’ll come get you before the concert starts so I can take you to your seats,” she says before leaving.

My eyes only spot Scynthia.  It feels like I haven’t seen her in ages.  She looks so beautiful right now.  Is it possible that she’s become even prettier?  I have to fight my urge to not run up to her and pull her into my arms not let her go.

All of a sudden, her eyes meet mine.  As I stare into her eyes, I can’t help but see hurt and sadness.  She then looks somewhere else.  I sigh.  Just give me tonight, Scynthia.  I promise everything will get cleared up but I just need this night.

 

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

As the door to our dressing room opened, I immediately look up and my eyes begin to scan for Ann but she isn’t here.

Where’s Ann?” I ask.

Noona said she’s at home resting,” Hyun says. 

Is something wrong? Is she sick?” I worriedly ask.

I don’t know. When we were at the company, she just looked tired and drained of energy. I think she just needs some rest,” Jeong says.

So she’s all by herself at the dorm?” I ask.

She’s a big girl. She can take care of herself,” Scynthia spat at me.

Before I could respond, Jin speaks first.

“Did something happen between you two, Scynthia?” Jin asks.

Scynthia doesn’t respond but just looks away.

What did you do to her?” I ask as my voice starts to get louder and filled with anger.

What did I do? You mean what did she do to me?” Scynthia yells back.

Obviously something happened if she didn’t come here with you,” I yell back.

Scynthia scoffs at me.  “She probably isn’t even at home. She’s probably out with some guy.

Scynthia, that’s enough,” Jeong says.

I stand up out of my seat and walk to her.  “What did you just say?

Did I stutter? I don’t know why you’re getting so mad. It’s not like you didn’t think or say the same thing to her,” she says.

Before I could do anything, Namjoon and Jin stood in between us.

Now, I don’t know what’s going on here but now is not the time to do this,” Jin sternly says.

I was only saying the truth,” Scynthia remarks.

Scynthia! That is plenty,” Namjoon says.

Everyone became quiet after that.  The dressing room door then opened.

Okay guys, it’s time to go to your seats,” Hyejin says while walking in.

I see her looking at us.  “Did something happen?

No one says anything.

Guys,” Hyejin says.

N-no. Nothing happened. We should go to our seats now,” Jeong says as she guides Hyun and Scynthia out.

Good luck on the show,” Hyun yells back.

Hyejin narrows her eyes at us before leaving the room as well.

What was that all about?” Hoseok asks.

Nothing,” I say.

That looked like way more than nothing,” Yoongi chimes in.

I ignore them as the stage person enters our room, telling us we have two minutes until we have to get on stage.

I don’t know what is happening among you all but we have a concert to perform. So whatever it is, you all better forget about it until after the show. Once we get onto that stage, all we should be thinking about is giving our best performance to our fans. If you don’t do that, you will be hearing from me. So I suggest you take these two minutes to refocus your minds,” Namjoon sternly says before leaving the room.

I sigh, knowing that he’s right.  I can’t let my personal problems affect my performance.

 

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

We’re now sitting in our seats.  I can’t help but feel awful.  I regret everything I said back there.  Those words just came out of nowhere.  I’m just an emotional wreck right now.  While I was in that room, all I wanted to do was have Hoseok hold and comfort me.  I sigh.  I’m being such a to everyone and I don’t even know why.  I don’t even wanna be here right now, since I probably just ed everything up.

 

 

Back at the Dorm

Ann’s POV

 

I sigh as I lay in bed, not knowing what to do.  I really want to go to sleep but that’s basically impossible since I’ll only have nightmares.  I would go to the company and practice but I’m physically drained.

I then get my laptop out and open up Skype.  I see that my mom is online and I video call her. 

She picks up on the third ring.  “Oh hey sweetie. What do I owe this surprise call to?”

I smile at seeing my mom.  “Hi mommy. I just wanted to see and talk to you,” my voice shakily lets out.

“Ann, are you okay? What’s wrong? You don’t look too good,” My mom worriedly says.

I try my hardest not to break down in front of my mom.  I don’t want her worrying over me.  She has enough on her plate.

“Just tired, I guess,” I say.

“Have you been sleeping? Have you been eating? You look skinner from the last time I saw you. What are they having you do over there?” my mom asks.

I look away from my laptop screen.

“Ann, tell me what’s wrong.”

I let out a breath.  “Me and Scynthia got into a fight,” I say.

“This must have been a serious fight then. What happened?”

“She thinks me and Hoseok were seeing each other behind her back,” I say.

“Why would she think that?”

“Someone sent these pictures of me and him hugging. We weren’t even doing anything wrong. He just thanked me for helping him,” I say before sighing.

“Does Scynthia know that?”

I shake my head.  “She didn’t even give me a chance to explain. She just blew up in my face. Though, I can understand why. She’s been really stressed about things and I feel like everything that's happened is my fault,” I say to my mom.

“I’m sure she’s just trying to figure things out for herself. Give her some time. You two will make up soon, you guys always do. And stop blaming yourself. It's no good for you,” my mom says before smiling.

“I hope so.”

“Is there something else bothering you? You really don’t look good,” my mom says.

“I’m fine.”

“Have you been sleeping?”

I stare at the screen before shaking my head.

My mom sighs before saying, “Ann, I think you should go back to seeing a therapist.”

“Mom, I don’t need to. I’m perfectly fine,” I say as convincing as I can.

“Have you looked at yourself, Ann? We’re over the computer and I can tell you’re not okay. You’re having nightmares aren’t you? And I can tell other things are bothering you, too and I know how you don’t like to talk about things,” my mom says.

I only stare at her.

“Ann, you need to stop keeping things in or you’re just going to go into an angry rampage like what happened before.”

“That was with Dad. This has nothing to do with him,” I say.

“But you’re starting to act the same way. I don’t want you going numb or becoming violent. I don't want you in that dark place again.”

“Mom, that’s not going to happ-“

“You don’t know that, Ann. I really suggest you go talk to someone before you blow up.”

“I don’t want to go talk to someone. I’m fine mom. I’m here talking to you.”

“You’re not telling me everything, though and that’s okay. I want you to be able to talk to someone and let everything out.”

I just keep quiet.

“Just think about it, Ann. Don’t make me have people keep an eye on you. You know I can call and check in with the girls and Hyejin about this,” she says.

“I know mom.”

“Just think about it, okay?”

I nod my head.

“And get some rest and go eat. Whatever is bothering you must be pretty bad if you’re skipping out on your much needed food,” my mom says while smiling a little.

I playfully roll my eyes.

“And don’t worry about Scynthia. She’ll talk to you when she’s ready and when she’s done figuring things out.”

I nod at my mom.

“Alright. Now go sleep! Those circles under your eyes do not look well on you,” my mom says before giggling.

I smile.  “Alright mom. I’ll try.”

“Good. I’ll talk to you later. I love you.”

“Love you too, mom,” I say before our video call ends.

 

I sigh as I close my laptop and think about what my mom just said. 

I don’t need to go talk to some shrink again because I’m not going to turn into some crazy person.  That was a one time incident and I blame that on my dad.  I’m perfectly fine now and I know how to handle myself.  

 

 

 

At the Concert

 

Hoseok’s POV

We just got done performing a song and we’re about to perform our last one for tonight's show.  I look over to the guys and they just nod.  I look out into the crowd and scan for Scynthia.  I spot her and I smile.  I let out a breath before speaking into the mic.

Did you guys enjoy the concert?!” I ask the crowd excitedly.

Things like Woo and Yes can be heard from them.  I smile at their reactions.

I’m glad. We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you all,” I say and the crowd goes wild again.

If you guys don’t mind, I have a favor to ask of you all,” I say and they all start cheering.

Now, some of you may have seen some things about me and my girlfriend,” I begin to say.

The crowd goes silent so I continue.

I know it looks like I did something wrong, which I did. But I didn’t intentionally do it to hurt her.”

I then look directly at Scynthia to see her already looking at me.

Scynthia, I just want you to know that I love you with all of my heart. And if you could just give me a chance to explain, please meet me when the concert is over.

I then look back into the crowd.  “We’re going to sing our last song now. I was wondering if you all could help me in dedicating this song to Scynthia," I say to the crowd.

I hear the crowd.  All of a sudden, they start chanting Scynthia.  I smile at this.

"Thank you!" I say.

Me and the guys then get into position.  The music starts playing and Jimin begins singing.

(I'd encourage you all to read the lyrics. They're so beautiful!! I had tears listening and reading these lol)

          I want to breathe, I hate this night

          I want to wake up, I hate this dream

          I’m trapped inside of myself and I’m dead

          Don’t wanna be lonely. Just wanna be yours

We begin dancing to the song.  I hear the crowd cheering and even singing along to the song. 

While Yoongi was rapping his part, I jumped off the stage and into the crowd.  I heard many gasps as I did this.  Of course I had some security around me since I planned this all out.

I felt the spotlight follow me wherever I went.  I finally saw who I was looking for and went to her direction.  I was now standing right in front of her.  She has this surprised look on her face.  I almost got lost in her eyes when I realized it was my part of the song.

I brought the mic up to my mouth with one hand while the other one grabbed Scynthia’s hand and interlocked our fingers together.

I then started rapping my part while looking straight into her eyes.

          I knew that your salvation

          Is a part of my life and the only helping hand that will embrace my pain

          The best of me, you’re the only thing I have

          Please raise your voice so that I can laugh again

          Play on

 

I look at her and see tears falling out of her eyes.  I let go of her hand and bring it up to her face to wipe her tears away.  I then lean into her and whisper into her ear, “Please meet me backstage and I love you.

I lean away to see that she slowly nods.

I smile and slowly walk backwards.  I then turn around and join the others back on stage to continue our performance. 

We get to the chorus and the crowd begins singing with us.

         Give me your hand save me save me

         I need your love before I fall, fall

 

We finish our performance with a powerful ending.  I feel my eyes burning so I go to wipe them, thinking that it’s just sweat.  But I soon realize that I was crying, too.

The crowd roars and I can hear few awws in there.

Namjoon and Jin give our ending speeches and we bow once more to the crowd before leaving.

I rush backstage to see Scynthia standing outside of our dressing room. 

I walk up to her and she lifts her head up when I reach her.

Can we talk?” I ask her.

She nods.

I grab her hand and lead her to a room so we could have some privacy.

I close the door and I gently push her back against it as I stand in front of her.

 

Author’s POV

Hoseok and Scynthia are staring at each other, getting lost in one another’s eyes.

I’m sorry,” they both say at the same time.

Hoseok slightly smiles.  “You first,” he se says.

“I’m sorry for not giving you a chance to explain. I guess I’ve been doing that a lot lately,” Scynthia says.

Hoseok shakes his head.  “You have no reason to apologize. You had every right to act the way you did,” he says.

Scynthia just nods.

Hoseok sighs before starting his explanation.  “If anyone should be sorry, it should be me. I didn’t mean to hurt you. The day you saw me at the restaurant was all a set-up. I was getting up to leave when Aerum suddenly fell on me and she kissed me. I immediately pushed her off of me. Then when I looked up, I saw you walking away, which is when I realized Aerum did all that stuff on purpose. By the time i left the restaurant, you were gone.

Scynthia looks down as she shakes her head.  “I should’ve known she had something to do with this. I can’t believe I fell for it,” she says as she lets out a bitter laugh.

I’m only upset that she was able to come in between us,” Hoseok says as he comes closer to Scynthia.

Scynthia nods.

It’s been complete hell without being able to talk to you, to touch you, or to even see you,” Hoseok says in a lower deeper voice.

I know. All I wanted to do was run into your embrace when I first arrived tonight,” Scynthia says.

Hoseok steps even closer to Scynthia, making their chests touching. 

Scynthia gasps at the sudden closeness and touch of Hoseok.

He brings his hand to gently caress her cheek before moving a strand of hair behind her ear. 

Scynthia looks up to meet his gaze.  She sees that his eyes glances down at her lips before meeting her gaze once again.  Scynthia can’t help but look at his lips, as well.

Slowly, Hoseok leans in, and soon, their lips are touching.  The kiss is slow at first but then it becomes deeper and sensual. 

Hoseok’s hands moved down to her hips, pulling her even closer to him.

Scynthia gasps at this and Hoseok took the opportunity to slip his tongue into .

The kiss was deepening even more, their lips softening against each other.  Scynthia moved her arms up and around his neck.

The kiss continued.  It's as if they were letting out all of their emotions and telling each other how much they missed one another from these past days of not seeing each other.

Scynthia pulls back and leans her forehead on Hoseok’s.  They could feel each other’s chests heave up and down while trying to catch their breaths.

They look into each other’s eyes.

Hoseok breaks the silence first.  “I love you, Scynthia,” he quietly says, almost whisper like.

I love you, too, Hoseok.”

Hoseok pulls Scynthia in for a hug and nuzzles his head into the crook of her neck.

Scynthia began to feel wetness on her neck so she slightly pulls away, only to see that tears are falling down his eyes.

Why are you crying?

I just missed you so much and I don’t want to go through that again. I know it sounds cheesy and that it was only for a couple of days but I mean it. I’ve never felt like this towards anyone, which just tells me how much I am truly in love with you, Scynthia,” Hoseok says.

Scynthia's face instantly lights up at the words Hoseok just told her.  She brings her hands to cup his face, wiping his tears off with her thumbs.

She then leans in for another kiss before pulling back and saying,

And I am truly in love with you, Jung Hoseok.”

 

 

Eeeekkk! I think that chapter went pretty well?? Ann just causes so many problems, lol.  I hope you all enjoyed it, too!! :D 

Sorry if the romance part was bad. I'm really bad at writing those kind of things, lol.

As always, peace!!