Chapter 9 Part Two

Start Again

Scynthia’s POV

 

Alright. I think I see what the problem is. You’re kind of stiff during this part and you need to bring your arm over here instead of here,” Taemin says as he shows me how to do the move the right way.

I nod.  We’ve been at this for about an hour and I’m not too sure how much longer I can go.

Alright. Let’s just try that part again,” he says before he goes back to start that part of the song over again.

The music starts and I do the dance move.  He then stops the music again.

You got the arm but you’re not relaxed. Here, let me show you,” he says before coming to stand behind me.

He then places his hands on my hips and I for sure stiffen then.  This is supposed to help me relax how?

I look straight into the mirrors and see that he is bringing his head down next to me right ear.

Come on,” he says quietly, “you need to relax.” 

I just nod but then he starts rubbing the sides of my hips.

I raise an eyebrow at him through the mirror.

What are you doing Taemin?” I ask.

Trying to help you relax. It’s working isn’t it?” he asks as he stands straight again.

For some reason, I do feel less tense.  I guess his stupid distraction helped.

Alright,” he says before he walks back to the music player, “let’s try that part again.”

I nod and take a breath, making sure I stay relaxed instead of tensed up.

The music starts and I wait for it to get to that part.  I then do the dance.

The music stops again and I’m just waiting for him to tell me that I did it wrong.

As he comes to me, he begins to clap.  “You got it! That was perfect!”

My eyes widen in surprise.  “Seriously? I did it? That was it?

He smiles and nods.  “That was it, Scynthia. You got it.”

Ah! Thank you Taemin!” I say as I hug him.

No problem,” he says as he hugs me back, “like I said, I always help the people I like.”

I break away from the hug but he keeps his arms on me, bringing them down to my hips.  I see him glancing at my lips.  He then slowly starts leaning in towards me.

Taemin, what are you doing?” I say as I lean back.

His eyes widen and he immediately leans back and brings his arms back.

I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that. Just got caught up in the moment, I guess,” he says as he rubs the back of his head.

I slowly nod.  “It’s okay, I guess.”

“I really am sorry. I know you have a boyfriend and I wouldn’t do that,” he says nervously.

I giggle at his shyness there.  “It’s alright. Let’s just go. I definitely had enough dancing for one day,” I say as I begin to gather my things.

If you’re not busy, how about we get some dinner tonight? It’ll be my treat,” he says.

Dinner?”

Just as friends. I promise just as friends,” he says as he offers a friendly smile.

I guess I could go, right?  No harm?

“Sure, why not. I can’t pass up on free food now can I?” I say to him.

 

 

At YG

 

Lauren’s POV

 

I’m now done working on iKon’s clothes for the day.  I made a lot of progress, if I do say so myself. 

Now I can get myself ready for my date tonight with Taehyun.  But first, I have to go find iKon and cancel my plans with them.  Hopefully they won’t be too mad about it.

 

I walk to the cafeteria inside our company.  I look around to find the guys.  I spot them eating at a table and begin to walk up to them.

“Hey guys. Enjoying your food?” I ask them.

Hey Lauren! Come and join us,” Jinhwan says.

Oh, I would but I have to go pretty soon. I came to you guys because I need to cancel our plans for tonight,” I say as I rub the back of my neck.

Oh no. Did something happen?” Junhoe asks.

No, nothing like that. It’s just that I already had plans before you guys asked me,” I say.

That’s alright. We can always hang out some other time,” B.I says before smiling.

Yeah, just as long as you hang out with us soon!” Chanwoo says.

Most definitely!” I say before smiling.  “Well, I have to go now, so I’ll see you guys later.”

 

As I began walking, I felt someone tug my wrist.  I turn around to see Bobby.

“You need something?” I ask him.

“You alright? Nothing bad happened right?” he asks.

“No, I just forgot I made plans before I agreed with the dinner plans with you. Sorry about that,” I say.

“Oh no. It’s fine. I just wanted to make sure you were okay and all.”

“Thanks. I promise I’ll hang out with you guys, though,” I say.

“Alright. I’m going to hold you up on that promise," Bobby says as he takes my phone from my hand.  He then does some stuff and hands it back to me.  I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"We now have each other's numbers so we will definitely be hanging out soon. I’ll see you later. Get home safely,” Bobby says before walking back to the table.

I turn back around and begin to walk out the building while shaking my head.

 

Now it’s time to get ready for my date tonight.  I walk out the building with a smile.

 

 

At the Dorm

Jimin’s POV

 

I ended back at the girls dorm.  When I went to the living room, no one was there.  I go to the kitchen and see a sticky not on the fridge saying, We went back to our dorm if you’re looking for us~Namjoon.

I rub a hand down my face only to flinch and curse to myself.  I almost forgot I got punched in the face by that douchebag.

The words he said to me begin to run through my head.   She wouldn’t have happened to say that she enjoyed it did she? She even told me that she looked up to me and admired me.

He’s lying right?  Ann wouldn’t do something like that . . . or would she?

I hear the door opening and someone talking.

Thanks, unnie. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I hear Ann say.

I hurriedly pull my hat down further so it covers my face before walking out the kitchen.

Oh hey Jimin! I didn’t know you were here,” she says as she puts her bag down by the couch.

I just came, actually. I thought the guys were here but I guess they left,” I say.

She walks closer to me.  “Why is your hat so low? There’s no paparazzi here,” she says before smiling.

Oh, bad hair day,” I say before shrugging my shoulders.

She nods and walks to the kitchen.  “So how was your day off? Did you do something or just rest?” she asks as she comes back out with a bottled water.

I just went out for a walk, is all. Nothing special,” I respond back.

That’s nice,” she says as she ends up in front of me.  I automatically look down.

Umm, how was training today?” I ask her, hoping she doesn’t notice anything.

It was great! We got to practice our solo dance and we pretty much have it down! I’m so excited!” she says as she smiles.

That’s great,” I say as I lift my head up and smile, only to flinch again.

Are you okay Jimin?” Ann asks me.

Y-yeah. I’m fine, why?

You just flin-wait, what’s on your lip?” She asks as she leans in closer.

N-nothing. Probably just sauce or something I missed while wiping my mouth.

She brings her hand up to touch my lip, only for me to hiss in pain.

She then reaches and takes off my hat.

Jimin what is-oh my goodness! What happened? Your face is bruised and swelled up!” she exclaims.

I sigh.  “I may have gotten into a little fight,” I say.

She then grabs my hand and walks me to her bedroom.  She then leaves but soon returns with some first-aid stuff.

She sits me down on my bed and she sits across for me.

I’m going to clean your scratches and cuts first. It’s going to sting,” she warns me.

I nod.  I see her pour some stuff on a cleaning pad.  She then gently dabs my face.  So gently that I barely feel the sting.

Who and why did you fight?” she asks as she continues to clean my face.

I stare at her for a moment before speaking.  “I went to talk to Lay.

She suddenly stops before looking at me.

You what? Why did you do that?” she asks.

I went to tell him to stay away from you.”

Even so. It was unnecessary. You got hurt because of me,” she says.  She starts at my face again.

 I keep quiet, wondering if I should ask her about what he told me.

Hey Ann?” I ask.

She puts some ointment on my scratches and cuts before answering.

Yeah? Am I hurting you?” She asks as she looks at me worriedly.

No, you’re good. I don’t even feel anything,” I say before painfully smiling at her.

Don't do that. But thanks. At least I know I could be at least be a  decent nurse,” she says before smiling back.

I look at her for a few seconds before continuing.

Did anything else happen that night?” I ask her.

What do you mean?” she asks before putting small bandages on my cuts.

That night you told me about. Did something else happen. Did you leave something out?

She drops her hands and looks at me.  “No. I told you what he did to me. Why?”

Are you sure you weren’t leading him on or anything or maybe you-

You think I’m lying about this?” she asks.

No, I’m just making sure I have the facts and everything.

Is me telling you what happened not enough? Did he say that I did something?” she asks.

“He just said that you enjoyed it and that yo-“

And you believe that ert over me?!” she says as her voice begins to rise.

“I never said that Ann!” I say as I feel my anger rise, as well.

You just questioned my story. You actually think it’s my fault because I lead him on? You think I enjoyed being felt up? You think I would make that entire story up, Jimin?!” she says while standing up.

“I just asked you a question!” I yell back.

The fact that you had to-you know what, just forget it,” she says before packing up the first-aid stuff.

What am I supposed to think? You don’t want to tell anyone and you won’t let me help you,” I say getting frustrated.

“I told you Jimin!” she yells and I slightly flinch, not in pain, but the fact that I've never heard her yell like that. Matter of fact, I’ve never seen her so angry.

I don’t want anyone else to know because it’s not needed. Who are they going to believe? An idol who everyone loves or an American trainee? I didn’t want you to get involved because I knew something like this would happen. I just wanted to forget about it and move on!” she yells.

Ann, all I did was ask you-“ I begin but she interrupts me.

I told you that I don’t lie. You can call me fat, ugly, and even a bad dancer but I will not be called a liar! And why would I lie about something like this?!

I stare at her, not knowing how to respond.

She looks at me before giving me this forced, weak smile.

Yeah. I’m just this stupid girl who apparently is a since he thinks I can just be used for ,” she bitterly says.

Ann, I didn’t mean t-

No, it’s fine. And to answer your question, I told him to stop and that I wasn't interested in that stuff."  She then exhales, "You’re going to want to ice your jaw for about 10-15 minutes then take it off for another 10-15 minutes and just keep alternating. That’ll help with the swelling and any possible bruising,” she says before leaving the room.

Ann!” I yell as I follow her.

I see her getting her jacket and bag.

Where are you going?” I ask her.

I’m just going out,” she says while putting her shoes on.

Ann, can we just talk about this. I didn’t mean to say that back there,” I say, trying to keep her from leaving.

It’s fine. You're probably right, anyways. I'm probably at fault.  You should go ice that and get some rest,” she says before opening the door.

Lauren walks in.

Hey guys! What’s up?” she says.

Hey Lauren. I’m going out but have fun on your date. I want to hear everything about it when you get back,” she says before leaving.

Ann!” I call after her but she’s already gone.

Ummm. . .did I walk into something?” Lauren asks me.

No. I just ed up is all,” I say as I kick the back of the couch.

What the did I just do?

 

 

Hoseok’s POV

 

Me and Jin are out in the streets shopping.  Well, it was me and Jin but he left when he saw a food market.  Go figure. 

I look into the windows of a store.  I see this Carl toy that sings when you press the button.  Scynthia has been on this Jimmy Neutron kick lately and has been really enjoying Carl singing songs.  It’s a silly gift but I think she’ll enjoy it.

I’m about to go in the store when I feel someone grab my wrist.  I begin to panic, thinking it’s a crazy fan ready to attack me.  But then the person quietly calls my name.

Hey oppa. What brings you here?” she says.

I turn around and sigh in relief, glad that it’s not a saesang fan but still disappointed that it’s the last person that I want to see.

What is it?” I say to her.

Oh, come on oppa! Is that how you greet people?

No, but that’s how I greet you. Now what do you want Aerum?”

I was just walking around when I happen to see you,” she says as she loops her arm around mine.

I take her arm and remove it from mine.  “Well, you can continue your shopping,” I say as I begin walking away.

Oh, let me join oppa!” she yells, causing a few people to look at us. 

“Keep it down will you? I don’t want any attention or cameras flashing at me,” I say.

I’ll be quiet if you let me join you for lunch. I’m quite hungry, oppa.

I sigh.  “Fine. Just don’t touch me and keep a distance away from me,” I say before I start to walk to the nearest restaurant.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

We have just been seated at this pretty friendly, casual restaurant.

This restaurant seems pretty nice,” I say.

Yeah, it is. Me and Kai come here all of the time. I like it because of the friendly atmosphere and the fact that the people here respect our privacy,” he says.

I nod.

The waitress then comes and we order our food.

So, I heard you guys are going to do a recording of singing and dancing to the song soon,” he says before taking a bite of his food. 

I nod after taking a sip of my drink.

Yeah. Apparently, the CEO wants to start showing us off or whatever. I’m just so glad I have that dancing down. Seriously, thanks again!” I say before smiling.

No problem. Plus, it was fun dancing with someone other than the other members or even Kai,” he says.

I giggle.  “Well, anytime I have a dance problem, I’ll be sure to let you know.

 

 

We then get to talking and learning more about each other.  Taemin is a pretty cool guy.

So, you came here all the way from Chicago? That is crazy! Don’t you miss home?” he asks.

I do, but all of the people I’ve met makes here seem like a second home. Plus, Hoseok helps a lot, too,” I say before smiling.

He nods and smiles back.

Not to ruin the mood or anything,” he says, “but isn’t that your boyfriend over there?

I turn around to see where he’s pointing at.  Sure and behold, Hoseok is eating with a girl.

I turn back around and face Taemin.  “I guess he’s just out with a friend or something,” I say before taking another bite of my food.

All of a sudden, I hear loud giggling.

Hey, we can leave if you want to,” Taemin says.

Ummm, actually, how about we leave now. W-we can go this way,” Taemin suddenly says, trying to lead me towards his direction.

What are you trying to hide Taemin?” I begin to turn around but he stops me.

I just remembered that I have an early practice tomorrow, so we should leave now. I can take you home.

Seriously, what is up with you?

I finally turn around, only to be in pure shock.  Hoseok was kissing the girl he was eating with.

I turn back around and look at Taemin.

Would you mind taking me back to my dorm, Taemin?” I say.

Yeah, no problem,” he says before putting some money on the table.

Thanks,” I say and we leave.

 

 

We arrive at the dorm and he decided to walk me to my floor. 

Thanks Taemin. I’m sorry you had to deal with that,” I tell him.

No problem. Are you going to be okay?” He asks.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.”

Alright. I think you should talk to him. It could be a misunderstanding or something like that. But let me know if you need anything. See you later,” he says before leaving.

 

I open the door and walk in the dorm, only to see Jimin pacing back and forth.

“Ann? Oh, hi Scynthia,” Jimin sadly says.

Hey. Did Hoseok say what he was going to do today?” I ask him.

Yeah. He said him and Jin were going shopping. Have you heard from Ann any?” he says.

No.”

Lauren then comes out her room.

Oh, hey Scynthia. How do I—are you okay?” Lauren asks.

I’m fine. Oh your date is tonight, right? And you look amazing!” I say as I try to force the best smile I could.

You don’t look okay. Now what’s wrong?” she asks again.

I look at Jimin who is still here.

“I’ll just tell you after your date. Go have fun,” I say just as we hear a knock at the door.

Are you sure?” she asks again.

I nod.

She then leaves with Taehyun.

 

I then look at Jimin who is still pacing.

Jimin, what are you doing here?” I ask.

I’m waiting for Ann to come back. I ed up big time,” he says.  That’s when I notice the bandages on his face.

“Guess it’s just BTs boys who always mess things up,” I mumble to myself.

“What was that?” he asks.

“Nothing. Nothing at all,” I say as I go to my room.

 

I jump on my bed, face first into my pillow.  Maybe it was a misunderstanding or maybe he was shooting something. Yeah, that would be the logical thing, right?

Is this what he does?  He tells me he loves me then goes around kissing other girls?

 

I soon fall asleep with these thoughts scrambling in my mind.

 

 

That was part two!! Things are going crazy now! So much drama is coming left and right!  I hope you enjoy!  Peace! :)