Chapter 24

Start Again

Third update today! Make sure you guys read the 2 previous chapters! Enjoy!

 

mt6dj33.gif

81de059621738d6059124263d3c75e88.jpg

 

At BigHit

Scynthia’s POV

 

We were all still chatting and eating at the cafeteria.  My phone then starts rining.

Hello?”

Scynthia, do you know where Ann is?” Manager unnie asks.  Her voice sounds frantic and urgent.

She’s with Lauren,” I say, “why?”

“I called Lauren and she said Ann isn’t there anymore. Have you seen her?” unnie asks.

No, she hasn’t been here,” I say and the others at the table start looking at me with concern.

I’m going to check the dorm and call Jeong and Hyun. I don’t have time to explain. Just turn the T.V. on or look it up. Keep an eye out for Ann,” she says before the line goes dead.

What was that?” Jin asks.

“I don’t know. Unnie said to turn the T.V. on or to lo-

“Did you see what happened?” Jeong says as he and Hyun come running to us.

What happened?” Rose asks.

Ann,” Hyun says as he tries to catch his breath.

What about her?” Jimin asks with a worried tone.

On the news just now. They reported her as the victim. Someone found out and told the press,” Jeong says.

WHAT?” the rest of us yells.

If no one can find Ann, that means she heard the news, too. We have to find her,” Jin says.

Just then, all of our phone’s go off.  I check mine to see a text from unnie.

GET TO THE DORM ASAP.

We all look at each other before booking it out of the company. 

Ann, please be okay.

 

 

At the Dorm (Yeah, new dorm!)

Ann’s POV

 

I somehow made it back to the dorm.

What just happened?

People know.

People know he tried to hurt me. . .

To me.

I run to my room and urgently take these clothes off.  I rip through my dressers trying to find a pair of sweats and a hoodie.

“WHERE THE IS IT?” I yell out loud.

Finally, I find a pair and change into them. 

 

I start to breathe frantically.  I pull at my hair and start screaming.

Ann? Are you alright?” I hear someone say.

Don’t come near me.  Please don’t.

She barges in and stops in the doorway.  “Ann are-what happened? Are you okay?” Hyejin unnie asks.

Stay away,” I quietly say.

Ann, I know this is upsetting news but we can fix this,” she says.

I close my eyes, “Please stay away,” I say again.

She walks closer to me.  “Ann, please. Let’s just talk.”

I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!” I yell. She gasps as I startle her.

“No. We are going to talk about this,” she says.

I look at her and start to laugh hysterically.

You want to talk about it? Go talk about it with the other half a million people that know about this. I’m sure they’re pretty interested in the topic,” I say before walking passed her.

As I leave my room the door opens and people start rushing in.

Ann!” someone says before I feel someone embrace me.  “It’s gonna be okay.”

I bring my hands up and push whoever it is away from me.  I look up to see that it was Scynthia who was caught by Hoseok.

Ann. You need to calm down! This can be fixed,” I hear Hyejin unnie say as she runs enters the room.

I scoff.  “That is a bunch of bull and you know it.

Ann! Watch who you’re talking to!” Jin says.

I laugh again.  “Or what? You’re gonna hit me, too?

Ann. . .” Hyun says.

“No! Come on! It won’t be the first time and I’m pretty ing sure it won’t be the last time. So, any takers?

Ann, we just want to talk,” I hear Lauren say.

Why? Everyone knows! There’s nothing to ing talk about!” I yell.

Ann, please. I don’t like seeing you like this,” Scynthia says while tears fall from her eyes.

As if the world doesn’t. You know, you were right. Apparently I’m just a working my way up the ing ladder.

"Ann, just calm down please," Jeong says.

"No! You think they're actually going to believe me? I'm a ing nobody! No one is going to give a about me!"

Ann! Don’t say that!” Jimin yells.

I laugh.  “Why? You said it yourself didn’t you? Well congratulations you two,” I say as I begin clapping.  “You both were right! You both are absolutely ing right.”

Noona, please,” Jungkook says.

I shake my head.  “It’s true isn’t it, though? I’m just a ing punching bag for people when they don’t get their way. My dad couldn’t find work and I was a burden so he hit me. Lay didn’t get what he wanted from me so he forced me and hit me a couple of times,” I say before laughing bitterly.  “Any of you got any problems while I’m here? Go ahead and hit me. I don't charge.”

THAT’S ENOUGH!” Scynthia cries out.

I scoff.  “Why? Mad because I’m right? You wanna hit me again? Come on, I know you got a couple more slaps in you.

Ann!” Yoongi says.

What about you Jimin? I know you have a good right hook,” I say while smirking.

ANN! THAT’S ENOUGH!” Namjoon yells.

NO! IT’S NEVER ENOUGH!” I begin to yell as I get super pissed.

It’s never ing enough! Have you been hit because you tried to comfort someone? Because you said it was going to be okay? Has your own father told you he wishes you were never ing born? Have you had someone try to you because you said ing no? I SAID ING NO! THAT’S ALL I IG SAID!” I yell as I throw the closest thing to me, which happened to be a vase.

tumblr_mnl55t54Bm1sqiolno1_500.gif

 

OH! DON’T LET ME FORGET THE NIGHTMARES! Not only do I have the person who wanted to actually kill me in my dreams but I also have that sick haunting me!”

So no. You don’t get to tell me you’ve had enough. I’ve had damn well plenty!” I say more quietly.

I scan the room to see everyone wearing either a shocked face or crying.

I bitterly laugh again.

Since no one’s coming at me, I guess I’m done here,” I say before walking out and slamming the door.  I pull my face mask up and my hood down to cover my face.

I head to the only place I could think of. . .the park.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

All of the girls were crying.  Even Jungkook and Jin let a few tears escape.

I-I never knew all of that happened to her,” Rose said as she sniffled.  Namjoon put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“I guess she snapped and just let it all out,” Lauren says.

I didn’t know s-she f-felt that w-way,” Scynthia says in between her crying.  Hoseok pulls her into his embrace and rubs her back up and down while she cries into her shirt. 

Hyejin even wipes her tears away.

All of a sudden, Jimin walks towards the door.

Where are you going, Jimin?” Hyejin asks,

“I’m going to find her! I’m not just going to let her leave like that! Especially when news broke out! Everyone is probably hunting her down. And it’s nearly dark for that matter!” Jimin yells out of frustration.

Hyejin sighs.  “Fine. I’m driving you. Plus, I think I have an idea of where she went. The rest of you stay here.

 

Hyejin and Jimin were soon out the door.

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I’m still in total shock about the scene that happened no more than an hour ago.  Is that how she really feels?  I had no idea.

Me and Hyejin noona have been driving around for about 30 minutes. 

Where are we going?” I ask her.

We’re here,” she says.  I look out the window to find that we ended up at a park.

I look at noona. 

She sighs.  “I know she sometimes comes here when she wants to be away from everyone and everything. I’ll be waiting in here and making sure no one is watching. Just bring her back please.”

I slowly nod before opening the door and stepping out.  I close the door then begin walking to the park.

I reach the swings to see that they’re empty.  I look around and see that the park is completely empty. 

All of a sudden, I hear someone quietly singing.  I begin to walk closer to the direction of the voice.  It begins to get louder and louder.  I realize that the song is in English.  I begin to listen to the words. 

“Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
So together but so broken up inside

'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on”

I look around and notice someone sitting on the jungle gym.  I walk closer to it and realize it’s Ann.  She’s singing with her earphones in and eyes closed.

night_time_playground__by_dhouse1985-d4sbenm.jpg

I climb the ladder and take a seat next to her.  She doesn’t notice me so I tap her on the shoulder.

Her eyes fly open before they turn into slits because of the glare she’s giving me.

“Leave me alone,” she says and turns away from me.  I see her turn her music up, as well.

I sigh and tap her shoulder again.  Nothing.  I then take out her earphones.  I hear her sigh before she turns back around, facing me again. 

What do you want?” she asks through gritted teeth.

I didn’t want you to be by yourself,” I say calmly.

She scoffs.  “Worse things have happened,” she says.  I just stare at her, not saying a word.

If you have nothing to say, you can leave as you can see that I’m fine. And give me my earphones back,” she angrily says.

I just continue to stare at her, which seems to annoy her more.

She reaches for the earphones but I pull my hand back.

Just give me my goddamn earphones back!” She yells but I don’t give them back.

Fine. Keep the damn things,” she says before climbing down.  I follow and catch up to her.  I grab her arm and spin her around so she’s now facing me.

Can you just please leave me alone?” She asks.

No,” is all that I say.

WHY CAN’T I JUST BE LEFT ALONE? IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR?” she screams at me.  I don’t do anything but continue to look at her.  I can see the fear and hurt in her eyes.  I can see sadness and betrayal.

All of a sudden, I find myself embracing her, my arms around her body.

She begins to try to push me off but I don’t budge.  She begins punching my chest.  I take the hits.  It’s only a fraction of how much pain she’s in.

LET GO OF ME!” *punches and pushes* “I SAID LET GO!”  I continue to hold on, embracing her even tighter. 

Please, let me go,” she whispers.

And that was the last straw.

The girl who has been holding everything in. . .

Smiling to hide all of her problems. . .

The one who has put herself down. . .

Has finally. . .

Broke.

She begins sobbing.  She cries very hard.  I try my best to not cry, as well.  I feel my shirt get wet but I don’t care.

She begins talking through her crying.  “I’m so tired. I can’t do this anymore. I’m just too tired. Every time I close my eyes, they’re there. I’m scared. I-I. . .” she brings her arms around my waist and buries her head even more into my chest.

I’m exhausted. I can’t take it anymore. Please,” she cries hard, “please just make it stop. Make it all stop. . ."

"I give up."

 

 

And that’s when I broke, as well . . .

 

 

 

 

And on that note, Good night! I need to sleep 'cause I have work tomorrow morning :((((.

PEACE :D