Chapter 9 Part Three

Start Again

Lauren’s POV

 

So why am I blindfolded?” I ask.

So you won’t see where we’re going. I want it to be as big of a surprise as possible,” he says.  I can see imagine him smiling as he says this.

Are we almost there?

Just about. Not too long now.”

I keep quiet after this.  We’re in the car and I feel like we’ve been in here forever. 

Once he picked me up from the dorm, he tied a blindfold around my eyes and told me I had to wear it until we arrived at our location.

 

After I felt what’s been like hours, I finally feel the car come to a stop. 

Alright, we’re here,” he says.  I hear him turn the car engine off.  I hear his door open and close before my door opens.  He grabs my hand and helps me out of the car.

Okay. I’m going to lead you inside,” he says as he walks behind me and puts his hands on my shoulders to guide me.

I only nod.

Alright, keep walking. There you go. Okay, there’s three steps here, good.

I made it to the last step.  “How much more walking?

Just sit in this seat now,” he says as he carefully lowers me in my seat and pushes me in.

He then takes off my blindfold.  I open my eyes and scan my surroundings.  We’re in this huge restaurant, if you could even call it that.  There are stools and tables everywhere. I even see a few T.V.s.  Is this a bar and grill?  I continue to look around and realize that I’m way too overdressed for this. 

How do you like it?” Taehyun asks from across the table.

I just thought it would be more private and I feel way too overdressed for this,” I say.

Yeah, it’s great isn’t it? It’s more open and casual,” he says smiling.

What if someone notices you?” I ask him.

He just shrugs.  “Publicity is publicity right?

Before I could respond, a waitress comes to our table and hands out our menus.

Can I start you guys out with some drinks?” she asks us.

I’ll have a beer,” Tae says while smiling at the waitress.  I’m just seeing things right?  He is not flirting with her, right?

Sure, no problem. And you?” she asks me while still looking at Tae.  You’ve got to be kidding me.

I’ll just have water,” I say.

Alright, I’ll be back with the drinks,” she says and I didn’t miss the wink she gave Tae.

I just stare at him with a raised eyebrow. 

What?” he asks.

You were flirting with her,” I say.

I wasn’t. I was just being friendly is all. Now let’s pick what we’re going to eat,” he says.

I inwardly sigh and pick up the menu.  I scan it and find that this place only serves seafood.

Is this a seafood restaurant?” I ask him.

He nods and smiles.  “The best in the area!

I can’t eat any of this stuff, Tae. I told you that I’m vegan,” I tell him.  Like what the heck? I know we’ve discussed this.  Who is this person in front of me right now?  Is this seriously the real him? 

Oh man. I totally forgot about that!” he says, “Oh here. You can have a salad and just tell them to remove the shrimp,” he says before offering me a smile.

I just stare at him.  He cannot be serious. 

“You’re not serious are you?

Our waitress comes back with our drinks before he could respond back to me.

Alright, here’s your guys’ drinks. Are you two ready to order?” she asks us, or should I say she asks him, as she only looks at Tae.

Yes. I’ll have the fish and lobster combo meal and she’ll have the salad with no shrimp,” he says.

I roll my eyes.  I cannot believe this is happening right now. 

Sure. I’ll be back soon with your food,” she says before leaving.  Yeah, I’m sure you will.

I know he’s an idol and he’s really busy but I was expecting so much more from this night.

 

 

Hoseok’s POV

 

I brought Aerum to the closest food place.  We’re now waiting for our waiter to come back with our food.

So oppa, what were you doing shopping?” she asks.

Not that it’s any of your business, but I was looking for Scynthia’s birthday gift,” I say.

I see her roll her eyes.  “I really don’t see what you see in her. You should be dating someone like me.

First off, I’m pretty happy that she’s not you or I wouldn’t be dating her.  Plus, she’s funny, caring, and really beautiful.  She understands me, even more than the guys do. We just get each other,” I say, not realizing how big I’m smiling right now.

Whatever. It’s not like she’s going anywhere with her life. You should be dating someone who has the same level of talent as you,” she says as she begins to lean across the table.

First off, do not talk about my girlfriend like that. Second off, she is a very talented person, which is why she’s in the company now and about to debut pretty soon. She even speaks two languages fluently, which I’m pretty sure you can’t do,” I say back at her as I start to get pretty irritated with her.

You know what, let’s just not even speak about her any more. You talking about her is bringing my mood down,” she says.

How about we just end this, period. I’m leaving,” I say as I push my chair back.

Before I could even stand up, she gets up and walks over to me.  She then trips and falls onto my lap, and her lips end up on mine.

Once I realize what’s happening, I immediately push her off and she ends up on the ground.

What the was that, Aerum?” I yell, not even caring about the looks I’m getting.

She stands up and faces me with a smirk on her face.

I was just showing you what it’s like to kiss a real woman,” she says.

Just stay the away fr-“ I start to say until I noticed someone walking out the door.

No, no, no!!  She couldn’t have seen that, right?  I look back at Aerum who’s smiling.  "Did you know she was here?"

She just shrugs and smiles.

This was a ing set-up.  I run out the door but I don’t see Scynthia anywhere.

I then call Jin and tell him to meet me in the car ASAP.

!

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

I’m currently sitting on a swing.  When I left the dorm, I put my earphones in and just started walking and somehow I ended up at the park unnie brought me that one time. 

I start rocking back and forth on the swing, thinking about what happened back at the dorm.  I can’t believe he didn’t believe me.  What would I have to gain from lying, especially from something like that.  I can’t believe Lay thought that I would actually go back to a hotel room with him.

I loudly sigh.  Maybe I should just go back home.  None of this would have happened if I would have just stayed in Chicago.  I’d probably be working at a summer camp like always.

I feel my phone vibrate.  I look at it, only to see Jimin calling for the tenth time.  I sigh again while pressing the ignore button. 

I sit there in the peace and quiet for about twenty more minutes while listening to my music.  I look up towards the sky and realize it’s starting to get dark.  I stand up from the swing and begin heading back towards the dorm.

 

 

Lauren’s POV

 

This night could possibly not get any worse.  When the waitress or flirt, brought out our food, she slid a napkin, which had her number on it, to Taehyun.  My salad also came with shrimp in it, so I had to pick it out.

We are eating, or should I say he’s eating while I’m still picking out my shrimp, when some woman comes to our table.

Taehyun? Is that you?” this woman asks.

Yes, who are-Eun?” he asks in surprise.

Oh my goodness, I haven’t seen you in forever!” the woman says before looking over to me.  “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt your dinner,” she says.

No, no. Pull up a chair and join us,” he says.

What?” I say out of surprise.

“She can just join us,” Tae says again.  This is the last straw.

No, it’s alright. I see that your busy,” the woman says.

No. You can take my spot, I have to get back home anyways,” I say as I stand and gather my purse.

Where are you going?” Taehyun asks.

I’m going back home. Thank you for this amazing dinner,” I sarcastically say.

Glad you enjoyed it. I’ll see you later,” he says before stating to talk to that woman.

I just stand there in shock, not believing what I’m seeing right now.

I then walk out the restaurant or bar and head to catch the bus.  I can’t believe what happened.  Some date.  Just as I reach the bus stop, the bus comes.  I get on and take a seat.  Once I’m seated, I take off my heels, which were killing my feet.  Un-friggin-believable.  I wasted an outfit and time to get ready.  I look at the time and see that it’s only 9pm.  Guess I could head to the company and work on their clothes some, I say as I lean back in my seat and stare out the window.

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

I reach the door to our dorm, only to see Jin and Hoseok walking in. 

What are you guys doing here?” I ask them as I enter and take my shoes off.

Hoseok runs to Scynthia’s room.

I don’t know, he just said we had to hurry and come here,” Jin says.

Ann, is that you?” I hear Jimin say.  What is he still doing here?

Jimin comes out the kitchen.  “Ann, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said before,” he says as he walks to stand in front of me.

I just shrug.  “You said what was on your mind. Nothing wrong about that,” I say before walking away from him.

What happened to your face Jimin?” Jin asks.

Hoseok then comes out of Scynthia’s room.

She’s asleep. I’ll just talk to her tomorrow. Let’s go,” he sadly says.

Ann, can we ju-

Jimin, why don’t you just leave. As Hoseok said, Scynthia is sleeping and I don’t want to disturb her,” I say.

Fine. If that’s what you want,” he says before walking out the door with Hoseok.

Can someone tell me what’s going on here? Because I am definitely missing something,” Jin says.

“I don’t know what’s going on with Hoseok and Scynthia, either,” I tell Jin.

What about you and Jimin?” He asks.

“Just a disagreement in opinions,” I say.

“Mhmm, I’ll find out sooner or later. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jin says before leaving.

 

 

I go lay on the couch and close my eyes.  “What a friggin day,” I quietly say.

“Tell me about it.”

I open my eyes and see Scynthia standing by the couch.  I sit up and make room for her and she sits next to me.  She rests her head on my shoulder.

“I thought you were sleeping,” I say to her.

“I was but then I heard Hoseok coming in my room,” she says.

“Did something happen between you two? He seemed really upset and sad, which was really weird.”

I hear her start to sniff.

I raise her head off of my shoulder to see that she’s crying.

“Scynthia! What’s wrong?” I ask her.

She then completely loses it and starts breaking down.  She falls into me and hugs me while crying into my shirt.

“Scynthia,” I gently say while rubbing her back, “what’s going on?”

“Hoseok cheated on me,” she says in between her cries.

My eyes widen in shock.  “He what?”

She raises herself and wipes her tears off of her face.

“Me and Taemin went to get food after practicing.  We saw Hoseok and he was eating with some girl. I shrugged it off, thinking it was work related or something. Next thing you know, this girl ends up on his lap and kissing him.”

“Nooo,” is all I can say.

Scynthia then starts to cry harder again.

“Scynthia. It has to be some misunderstanding or something. I can’t see Hoseok doing something like that. He really cares for you,” I tell her.

She nods her head.  “That’s what I thought. Then I came back here to find Jimin. I asked him what Hoseok was doing today and he said he went shopping with Jin,” she says before falling back into me.

I go back to rubbing her back.  “It’ll be okay. I’m sure it’s a misunderstanding still. It will all work out,” I tell her.

About twenty minutes later and she fell asleep.  I gently moved her so she was laying on a pillow.  I went to get a blanket and layed it on top of her. 

I went to get my laptop and came back and sat in front of the couch.  I decide to look at our twitter page.  I open it up only to see that we have a bunch comments and links.

I’m so sorry Scynthia.

OMG! I can’t believe this.

How dare he?!

They were such a cute couple!

I don’t believe this. It has to be fake.

 

What are they talking about?  I click on one of the many links.  I gasp once the page opens up.  I turn around to make sure Scynthia is still sleeping.  I turn back around, only to be saddened by the article.  Hoseok Caught Cheating?  Under the title is a picture of some girl on his lap.  They are definitely kissing, alright.  What did you do Hoseok?  I look back at the girl.  Only the sideview of her is shown. 

Why does she look familiar?” I quietly say aloud.

I look at the comments at the bottom of the article.  Half of them were saying how Scynthia doesn’t deserve this while the rest is saying how they don’t believe Hoseok would do something like this.

Me and him are going to have a talk tomorrow especially since I know for sure Scynthia isn’t going to speak to him.

 

 

Lauren’s POV

 

I’ve been at the company for about 45 minutes now and that’s how long I’ve been working on iKon’s clothes.

“What are you doing here so late?” I hear someone say.

I look towards the open door to see Bobby standing there in a t-shirt and sweats.  He must have been practicing.

“Just working on your clothes,” I say before turning back to them.

He walks in the room and takes a seat in the chair next to me.

“This late? And dressed like that?” he says.

I look down, only to realize that I’m still dressed up.  I just shrug my shoulders.

“You look really nice by the way,” he says.  I look up to him and he smiles.  Taehyun didn’t even say anything about how I looked tonight.  I shake my head at the thought.

“Thanks. At least someone thinks so,” I bitterly say.

“Did your date with Taehyung not go well?” he asks.

“How’d you know about that?” I ask him.

He shrugs.  “Word travels fast around here.”

I sigh.  “Yeah. I guess his true colors showed tonight.”

“What happened, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“He just acted like a complete , to be honest. He took me to a sea food bar and grill and said he totally forgot that I was vegan. Then he kept flirting with the waitress and then he let some woman join our date. So I just left. And now I’m here working on these clothes,” I say.

“Wow. I didn’t know you’re vegan. That’s pretty cool. Did you eat anything?” He asks me.

I shake my head.

“My manager is downstairs waiting for me. Why don’t we take you home and we can get you something to eat on the way,” he says.

“No, it’s alright. I don’t want to be a bother,” I say but then my stomach starts grumbling.

He chuckles.  “Your stomach says otherwise. Come on, it’ll be no trouble at all.”

“If you say so,” I say as I get my bag and shoes.

“Why aren’t you wearing any shoes?” he asks.

“My feet are killing me,” I say as I begin to walk out the room.

He catches up to me but then kneels down with his back facing me.

“Get on,” he says.

“I’m completely fine walking barefoot,” I say.

“Just get on. You said your feet are hurting. Just get on.”

I sigh before getting on his back.  He stands up and begins walking.

 

 

We soon reach his van where his manager has been waiting in the driver’s seat.

Oh Lauren. What a surprise,” he says.

“Sorry for intruding,” I shyly say.

Not a problem. Did you need a ride home?” he asks.

She does. And can we stop somewhere for food first?” Bobby asks.

Sure,” his manager says before pulling out into the road.

“Thanks,” I say to Bobby.

“No problem,” he says before smiling.

 

We pull up in front of the dorm building.

“Thanks again for taking me home,” I say to the manager.

“No problem. I should be thanking you for making these guys’ outfits so last minute,” he says before smiling.

“No problem plus it’s my job,” I say back.

I then look to Bobby.  “Thanks for the food,” I say.

“Don’t mention it. I just don’t think I’ve ever seen someone order five large fries before,” he says before laughing.

“Hey, I love my fries,” I say before smiling.

“I’ll see you tomorrow. Thanks again,” I say before entering the building.

 

 

I walk in the door, only to find Scynthia sleeping and Ann on her computer.

“What are you doing?” I ask Ann quietly. 

She looks up at me before showing me her computer screen.  My mouth immediately falls open.

“That can’t be. He wouldn’t do something like that!” I say.

“I know. I’m going to talk to him tomorrow because I don’t think Scynthia is going to anytime soon. She cried for a good thirty minutes,” she says.

“Poor Scynthia,” I say.

“Yeah, poor me,” Scynthia says as she sits up.

“Sorry about the news. I’m sure he has a good explanation,” I say as I sit on the couch.

“Yeah. I don’t wanna talk about it right now. How was your date?” Scynthia asks.

“Oh yeah! Tell us everything and don’t leave anything out!” Ann says as she joins us on the couch.  She then sees my leftover fries and steals some.

“It was the worst date I have ever been on,” I say.

“What? How?” Scynthia says as she steals some fries, as well.

“He was a complete . First, he took me to a bar and grill. A friggin bar and grill. Do you see what I have on?!” I say.

“He didn’t! You look very nice by the way,” Scynthia says.

“Thanks. Then, I find out that they serve seafood,” I say.

“Didn’t you tell him you’re vegan?” Ann asks.

“I did. He said he forgot and ordered me a salad. Not that it mattered because the stupid waitress brought me a salad with shrimp in it,” I say.

“Explains the fries,” Scynthia says.

“Speaking of the waitress, she was flirting with him all night. He even flirted back! I mean, can you believe that!” I say as I throw my hands up.

“That is ridiculous,” Ann says.

“Here’s the worst part. This woman he apparently knows comes and says hi. Do you want to know what he does?? He invites her to join us while we were on our date!!”

“He did not! What the actual ??” Scynthia says.

“And that’s when I left. Not that he cared,” I say before leaning my head on Ann’s shoulder.

"So when do you want us to beat him up?" Scynthia asks.

I just shake my head.

“Boys are stupid,” Ann says.

“Tell me about it,” I say agreeing with her.

“Hey. What happened between you and Jimin? And why did he look like he got punched in the face? You never told me,” Scynthia says.

“You never brought it up,” she responds back.

“Well now we are, so spill,” I say.

I hear her sighing.  “Well, you know that day I went to get food with Lay?” she asks.

Me and Scynthia both nod our heads.

“Well, the reason I came back in a mood was because the only reason he asked me to meet him was so he could take me back to a hotel room to have with him,” she says.

I lift my head off of her shoulder and look at her.  “You’re kidding,” I say.

“He didn’t touch you did he?” Scynthia asks.

“Yeah, but I stopped him before it went any further. It ended with me yelling at him and throwing my drink in his face,” she says.

“You should’ve kicked him in the balls,” I say.

“Seriously. Next time I see him, he won’t be able to have any kids in the future,” Scynthia says.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” I ask her

“I didn’t want to bother you guys. Plus I just wanted to forget it ever happened,” Ann says.

“Ann, you're never bother us, especially when it’s something as big as this. You can tell us anything. That’s what bestfriends are for,” I tell her and Scynthia nods in agreement.

“I’m sorry,” Ann says.

“We accept. Now what does this have to do with Jimin and his face?” Scynthia asks.

“Well, I told him. And apparently today he went to go talk to him and I guess they got into a fight,” she says.

“Okay. That explains his face,” Scynthia says.

“I tended to his wounds. While I was doing that, he asked me if I was telling him the truth. I guess Lay told him that I wanted whatever he was doing and was enjoying it or whatever. Long story short, Jimin thought I was lying about the whole thing,” Ann says.

I sigh before laying my head on Ann’s shoulder again.  “If anything, everyone knows you’re not a liar, Ann,” I say to her.

She doesn’t respond back.

“Boys are stupid,” Scynthia says.

“Agreed,” I say.  “Hey. Are you guys doing anything after training tomorrow?” I ask them.

“No,” Ann says.

“Nope,” Scynthia replies.

“We should have a girls night. We could watch a movie or a drama or something and just pig out,” I suggest.

“That sounds great! We could get some shrimp,” Ann says before bursting out into laughter.

I flick her in the forehead.

“OUCH! That hurt you know!” she says while rubbing her forehead.

“Good, then it did its job,” I say.

Scynthia shakes her head.  “I’m in. I need a night with no boys.”

“Yay! Girls night tomorrow!” Ann happily says.

I giggle.  “We should get to bed,” I say while standing up from the couch.

 

We all say our goodnights and head to bed.  Once my head hit my pillow, I fall right to sleep.

 

There's part three!! I Hope you guys enjoyed it!!

For now, Peace :D