Chapter 36

Start Again

Taemin6-540x432.jpg

Author’s POV

 

After many, many hours of re-recording and filming different scenes, Royalty had finished filming their first ever music video.

 

Because of the extra scenes and ref-filming they had to do, they didn’t get back until after 2am.  Once they got to their dorm, they slowly took their turns to shower and changed into some comfy pajamas.

Even though they were all exhausted, they decided to stay up and watch Rose’s teaser and their first episode of Royalty Being Born, Behind the Scenes. 

They all scattered in the living room and decided to just sleep there, since they’d probably be too tired to go and move to their rooms.

Alright, everyone. Ready?” Jeong asks as he gets the remote before taking a spot on the couch with Rose and Scynthia, while Ann and Hyun were on the floor in front of them.

Ready!” Scynthia says.

Yup. Let’s play the teaser,” Hyun says.

Jeong nods and presses play.

 

Welcome back everyone! Ready for some more Royalty in your life? We have a double header for you all tonight! The next teaser is going to be from the group member, Rose. Then, after the teaser, the first episode of their show, Royalty Being Born, Behind the Scenes, will air! I’m sure excited to learn more about these members! As said before, an episode will air each night until the live showcase of their debut. Without further or due, here’s teaser number two, Rose!

 

Oh my goodness, unnie!” Ann exclaims.

Wow. That was really breathtaking,” Hyun says.

Aww! Thanks guys! I loved how I was able to add actual roses in there. Felt so special!” Rose says while smiling.

“Our show is starting!” Jeong says excitedly.

 

A voice begins the show:

Welcome to BigHit’s new project, Royalty. You’ll be able to see everything they do, from waking up to practicing new choreography. This is a way for everyone to learn about the new group, even before they debut. So, are you ready to join the adventure along with Royalty?

 

The show begins with Hyejin walking into Royalty’s dorm.

Oh! We overslept that morning!” Rose says before laughing.

Yeah. It was worth it, though. Our greeting is pretty awesome if I do say so myself,” Hyun says.

The show continues on with Jeong waking each of the members up.

Geez. You were all terrible!” Jeong says while shaking his head.

Hey! Least we weren’t like Ann! She took forever to wake up!” Rose exclaims.

I was sleepy! Once I’m asleep, I’m out,” Ann says.

They continued on to them learning and practicing the choreography to their second single, to Scynthia’s self cam.

"I had so much fun dancing that day!" Ann says happily.

Oh wow,” Rose says, “I still have to do my self-cam.

Yeah, me and Ann have to do ours, too,” Jeong adds.

“Mine will probably be in tomorrow’s episode,” Hyun says.

The show continued on as the members continued watching and adding their commentary.

 

By the time the episode ended, everyone was passed out.  Well, everyone except Scynthia, who’s been pretty quiet since the filming ended.

 

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

After the episode, everyone was pretty much out. Because I couldn’t sleep and didn’t want to wake anyone up, I decided to just go to my room.

I walked into my room and gently closed the door.  Yesterday’s event just kept replaying in my head.

 

 

Flashback

 

Before I could move him off of me, his lips landed on mine.

.

.

.

.

WHAT

THE

.

.

.

.

I think he just kissed me. . .

I think we just kissed. . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me and Lee Taemin just kissed.

We stayed there for a moment.  I think I actually felt his lips moving against mine-wait, what?

I finally came back to my sense and pushed him off.

I’m sorry, Scynthia,” Taemin tells me.

I just nod, not being able to look at him right now.  We just kissed.  I-I-can’t-what?

Scynthia, are you alright?” he asks me.

Y-yeah. I’m fine,” I say.  Geez, I don’t even know what to do now.

Wait.  It was just an accident.  Yeah, we both just got scared by that stupid director’s screaming.  He lost his balance and just fell on top of me.  It just so happened his lips fell on mine.  Yeah.  Just an accident.

It’s alright. It was just an accident anyways,” I say, finally being able to look up at him.

He doesn’t answer me back.  Instead he just stares at me with a look I can’t quite decipher.

The thing is. . .it wasn’t really an accident,” Taemin tells me.

WHAT?!” I exclaim.

I mean, me falling was an accident but me kissing you wasn’t. If I could, I would do it again,” Taemin says as he steps closer to me.

Taemin, I have a boyfriend and you know that,” I say to him as I take a step back.

“I know. That’s the one trait I don’t like about you. Scynthia, I really like you. You’re funny, smart, talented, and not to mention extremely beautiful. Hoseok doesn’t deserve you. That day I was with you when you witnessed him kissing another girl was hard for me. It was hard seeing you so hurt. I can promise you Scynthia,” he says as he takes another step closer, his hand coming up to my face and gently putting a strand of hair behind my ear, “I can promise you that I would never hurt you.

I meet his gaze.  What exactly is going on right now?  Before anything else happened, I put my hands up and pushed him away.

Taemin. Like I said before, Hoseok is my boyfriend. I’m sorry but I don’t feel the same way for you. I just see you as a really good friend,” I say.

He nods before smiling.  He then puts his hands in his front pockets. 

It’s alright,” he says before leaning into my ear and whispering, “but you’ll be mine soon. I’m willing to wait and do whatever it takes. I’ll win you over Scynthia Brown.

He then leans back and winks before turning around and walking away.

 

What. . .

The. . .

. . .

Just. . .

Happened. . .

AND WHY?!

End Flashback

 

I sit on the end of my bed and put my face in my hands before sighing.  Why is this happening to me, out of all the times, why now?

As I was lost in my thoughts, the door opened, showing a half awake Ann.

“What are you doing in here?” she asks as she shuts the door and sits next to me on my bed.

“I couldn’t sleep. Why are you up?” I ask her back.

“I went to the bathroom and on the way back I noticed our light on,” she says before shrugging.

I just nod.  A few minutes goes by in silence.

“Spill,” she randomly says.

I look at her.  “What?”

She turns to face me before crossing her legs.  “Spill. You were silent during Rose’s teaser and our show and I know you’re in here because of what happened back at the shoot. So just let everything out that’s on your mind.”

My eyes widen.  “You mean, y-you saw what h-happened?”  God, who else knows about this?

She nods.  “I was right there, remember? And don’t worry, as far as I know, I’m the only who saw what happened. Now spill,” she says.  I could only sigh.  I guess best friends really don’t miss a thing, huh?

“What did you see?” I ask her.

She shrugs her shoulders.  “He fell on you and kissed you. It looked like a complete accident, though.”

“That’s the thing. It wasn’t,” I say.

“What do you mean it wasn’t an accident?” she asks with a raised eyebrow.

I get up off my bed and begin pacing.

“After what happened, we talked. He said kissing me wasn’t an accident and that he wants to do it again. He said he doesn’t care about Hoseok and that he’s going to do whatever it takes so I’m with him. OHMAGODWHATAMIGOINGTODOANN?” I say as I grab my hair.

Ann holds up a hand and I freeze in front of her.

“You’re telling me he kissed you on purpose and is planning to fight for you to be his? Well dang,” she says while shaking her head.

“What? You know something. What are you not telling me?” I ask her.

“I just didn’t think he’d actually go for it. I mean, it’s pretty obvious he’s liked you for a while now. When me and Jongin were hanging out once, he told me about it, which just clarified everything,” she says.

“WHAT!” I yell before slapping my hand to my mouth.  I forgot everyone else is sleeping. 

“WHAT!” I whisper yell this time.  “You knew he liked me and didn’t tell me?”

She shrugs.  “I thought you knew. I mean, it was pretty obvious. He randomly came to practice sometimes. I mean, it wouldn’t be that bad if he came to see all of us but he made an effort to make sure to single you out. I mean, look at yesterday. I was there at the shoot, too and he didn’t even say hi.”

I let this all sink in.  He did just visit me sometimes at the company.  He offered to help me with dancing, as well.  And we did go out to eat that one time-Oh God.

“I’m so stupid,” I say.

“And you call me the oblivious one, tch,” she says before shaking her head.

“Ann, this is serious! What am I supposed to do?” I exclaim at her.

“First of all, you need to calm down. Unnie and oppas are sleeping,” she says calmly.

I nod and sit down, crossing my legs and facing her.

“Secondly, none of this is your fault, so stop blaming yourself, okay?”

I take a deep breath.  “Okay.”

“Third, I know it’s going to be hard and weird, but you’re going to have to tell Hoseok about this when he comes back tomorrow night. Or whenever you get a chance. The sooner, the better.”

“Uhhhhgggg. I know. What if he doesn’t believe me or he gets mad at me? I don’t want to lose him again after the last incident,” I say as I feel my eyes tearing up.

“Hey, don’t cry,” she says as she brings me into her embrace and I lean on her shoulder.

“I just don’t want him to lose him again. I really love him, Ann,” I said.  And that’s when the tears began to fall.

I feel her caress my arm.  “Scynthia, don’t worry. If he really loves you, which I know he does, everything will be alright. Yeah, he may be mad, heck, he’s probably gonna be pissed like what. But it’s not going to stop him from loving you. If anything, he’ll love you and protect you even more. He’s gonna fight like hell for you, Scyn. And after that, he's going to fight Taemin,” Ann says before smiling.

I lift my head off of her shoulder and look at her.  “You think so?”

She smiles and wipes my tears off my face.  “I know so. And if he doesn’t, he better run because I’m not afraid of taking a snake and strangling him with it. His last words will be ‘I hate snakeu’,” she says.

tumblr_inline_ob5r4rKSYU1rhjlij_500.gif

I couldn’t help but laugh at her.

“Thanks, Ann. You’re seriously the best,” I say as I bring her into a hug.

“Well, I try,” she says before giggling.

I pull away from her.  “Speaking of Kai," I start off as I look at her, "in all honesty, I think you should talk to him. More calmly this time. Last time didn’t really go that well.”

I see her nod.  “Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that lately. I feel like things just ended really badly. And he’s a really good friend and I don’t want to lose him, you know? Maybe I’ll text him and see if he’s free to come to the company.”

“I think that’s a good idea. And if he does something to you, I will take that bowling ball he used to cheat with, to knock some sense into his brain,” I say before chuckling and making her laugh.

tumblr_o9s2fcbCDv1vxtbzbo1_400.gif

We sit there in a comfortable silence before she speaks up.

“We should go visit, Lauren. We need bonding time and I feel like hanging out with her will relax us some. She’s the closest thing we have to home here,” she sadly says.

I nod.  Man, when was the last time I even saw Lauren?  Man, I feel really bad now.  I was about to respond but I looked up to see Ann's sad expression.

"You miss home, don't you?" I quietly ask her.

She looks down at her lap before nodding her head.  "I miss my mom and my brother. Everytime I want to Skype her she's always working. And my brother is in school or is always out doing something."

I sigh.  "Yeah. I miss my mom, too. I miss her yelling at me to do stuff. I even miss my annoying dog," I say with a sad smile.  "But my mom called the other day and said that she and your mom watched our teasers together. She said they both cried at them and are very excited and proud of us."

Ann looks up, "Really? My mom liked them?" and I nod, which makes her smile slightly.

 

It suddenly got quiet again but the atmosphere. . .it got all somber and sad.  I decided to say something.

“So, the Lauren thing. That sounds like a plan. We can call her later today, she’s probably sleeping right now, like a normal person,” I say before smiling.

“Okay. Well, let’s go back out there and go to sleep,” she says before standing up.

I follow her lead.  “Man, I didn’t know how sleepy I was,” I say before yawning.

“Yup. Good luck to ya waking me up later,” she says before smiling.

 

 

Well, damn.

 

 

30ebdccd5f8e214dc7d340beb925114b.jpg

 

 

 

 

Do you think Ann is right?  What's gonna happen when the boys come back?

I really liked writing that chapter.  Hope you guys like it!

 

Thanks for the comments!  I needed to somehow put Taemin back in here so I kind of slid his way into the mv shoot.  Haha.  I'll try to have a chapter up tomorrow! Thanks for commenting and reading everyone!  You truly are awesome! :)

 

PEACE :D