Chapter 48

Start Again

I just wanna say that i LOVE your guys' comments.  They made my day!  You guys are awesome!!! :D

 

And if you guys want something to listen to while reading, I suggest this. 

 

Enjoy crying. . .or is that just me every time I listen to this. . .okay

 

Oh and of course, as it has been lately. . .it hasn't been proofread.  Sorry D:. I'm such a bad author.  Mianhae

 

ENJOY! :D

 

 

 

amazing_cool_awesome_beautiful_sorry_meme_words_quotes_pics_images_photos_pictures_41.jpg

 

Hyejin’s POV

 

We’ve been at the hospital for about an hour now.  The rest of BTS and Royalty are here as well. 

Scynthia finally stopped crying and fell asleep on Hoseok’s shoulder.  It took a while for us to calm down Jimin.  I think Jin helped the most.  And then we basically all comforted each other.

 

Now, most of them are asleep, except for me, Jeong, and Jin.  I just got back from telling the CEO what happened.

Namjoon is with Rose while she gets stitched and bandaged up.  I’m just glad Rose and Scyn are okay.

 

We haven’t heard anything about Ann’s condition, yet, which worries the hell out of me.  Last thing we heard was when the EMT said that they were l-losing her.  I can only pray that she’ll still be with us.

 

“Are you with Miss Lee Ann?” I hear someone ask. 

I look up to see a doctor, making me shoot out of my seat.

Yes, I’m her manage. Is she okay?” I ask the doctor.

“Well, we were able to find out what she’s been drugged with. It turned out they gave her Temazepam, which is a sedative used for people with insomnia. It slows down the central nervous system. Because they gave her so much, it dramatically slowed down her heart rate and breathing,” he says.

“But is she okay?” Jeong asks as he comes to stand by my side, along with Jin.

“We gave her some medication to work against the side effects of Temazepam but it can only do so much. The Temazepam could stay in her system for a day or up to a couple of weeks,” the doctor says.

“So, she’ll just be really drowsy for a while then,” Jin says.

The doctor sighs before looking at me.  “I’m afraid she’s in a coma.”

I already feel the tears falling down my face.  “What?” You mean she’s not awake?” I croak out.

“I’m afraid not. We don’t know how long this could last. With the medication still in her system, there’s a chance she could pass away.”

I feel my knees go weak, like they are about to give out.  Just when I felt like I was about to fall, Jeong catches me and hold me by my arms.

Can we at least see her?” Jin asks softly.

“Yes you can. But just a warning, she has been intubated to help her breathing,” the doctor says.

“Okay, thank you,” Jeong says.

“Once again, I am sorry. You can go in and see her whenever you’re ready,” the doctor says before bowing and leaving.

“Are you alright noona?” Jeong asks.

I nod.  “Thanks, Jeong,” I say before clearing my throat.

“We should wake the rest up and tell them the news,” I softly say.

Jin and Jeong nod as they go wake their members up.  I can’t believe this is happening.  I can’t believe this happened. 

I wipe my tears away before anyone else can see me.  I have to be strong for them.

“Is noona okay?" Jungkook asks, as he and everyone is now up.

I take a breath before turning around to face them.

“Ann. . .is in a coma,” I say.

“What do you mean she’s in a coma?” Scynthia says.

“She’s in a coma. The doctors don’t know when or if she’ll wake up,” I say.

“S-she can d-die?” Hyun stutters out.

I slowly nod my head. 

“The doctor said we can see her now. Let’s pay her a visit, okay?” Jin says.

I nod with him in agreement and lead everyone to her room.

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Everyone walked in the room to see Ann, laying their lifelessly on the bed, not even being able to breathe on her own, as she has a breathing tube.

“A-Ann,” Jimin says as he slowly walks to the side of her bed.  He sees her pale skin looking back at him.  He grabs her hand to hold in his, only to find it cold, opposite of the usual warmth she brings to him.

Ann, I-I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you,” Jimin gets out before tears begin falling from his eyes.

“N-no. They’re joking right? She’s just taking her naps. They just don’t know how to wake her,” Hyun says before rushing to the other side of Ann’s bed.

“They just don’t know the trick of waking her up,” Hyun says as he pulls his phone and begins playing Twice.

Why isn’t she waking up? Ann, wake up and tell me to shut it off! ANN WAKE UP!” Hyun yells before breaking down himself.

Jeong comes and pulls him into a hug, tears ready to fall out of his own eyes.

“Hyung, why isn’t she waking up? She’s supposed to be up and whining how we disturbed her sleep. W-why?” Hyun says between his sobbing.

Jeong couldn’t say anything, as he didn’t know how to answer.

“I’m going to be sick,” Scynthia says before running to the bathroom that was in Ann’s room.  Hoseok soon followed her in.

Jin was trying his best to comfort a crying Jungkook while Hyejin and Yoongi were trying to comfort Taehyung.

 

 

 

 

 

A few days have passed since that night.  Rose has been released and has recovered from her neck injury, which only resulted in a scar, that could easily be covered up. 

Everyone’s focus has been on Ann.  Each chance they got, they would visit her.  They would also get some time to spend alone with her.

 

Royalty has now gotten back into their schedules.  Tonight, they’re performing on M!Countdown for the first time.  It’ll also be the first time performing without Ann.  They decided to visit Ann after the show and Hyejin gladly agreed.

 

 

BTS has currently been visiting Ann for the past hour.

“We should probably leave now if we want to make the show on time,” Yoongi says while looking at the time on his phone.

“You guys go ahead, I’m just going to stay here,” Jimin says.

“You’re not going to their performance?” Namjoon asks.

“No. I’ll just watch it here on T.V.,” Jimin replies.

“Alright. Let us know if you need anything then,” Jin says and Jimin just nods.

The boys soon leave a Jimin and Ann behind.

 

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I sigh before taking a seat next to Ann.  I pull her hand in mine and I just stare at her.  Now that I think of it, this is actually the first time I’ve been alone with her.

“You know, once you wake up from this, I’m not letting you fall asleep again. You should be well rested for a lifetime,” I say before chuckling.

I gently move her hair from her face before looking her over.

“I never got to tell you that I really like your eyes and that shy smile you always give.”

“I still have so much to show you here in South Korea. I should so you where I'm from. I have to take you on a date still,” I say before smiling.

“I’ve been thinking about what our first date should be. I know how you don’t like to dress up or get too fancy, so I was thinking maybe a picnic at that park you like. I can ask Scynthia and Jin hyung to make us some food. We can just talk and goof around. I know how much you like the outdoors so we could lay and watch the stars.”

I sniff and blink away the tears I feel forming in my eyes.

“You have to wake up so I can properly confess to you and take you out on that date.”

“You know, everyone misses you, even Oreo here. I hope you don’t mind, but he’s been my sleeping buddy. I can see why you like sleeping with stuffed animals. It’s kind of comforting.”

“But yeah, everyone misses you. Hyejin noona looks very sad. I think she blames herself for what happened to you three, but we both know it’s not her fault. Jin hyung is sad, too. He misses his dongsaeng and eating buddy. You really are a little sister to him.”

“I think Scynthia and Rose feel the worse. Hoseok and Namjoon hyung are trying to comfort them the best they can. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Scyn and Rose cry like that. If you were awake, you’d probably laugh at them for crying like babies. Lauren has even visited you a few times. She told me she made you so many outfits because she just misses you. Now you won’t have to go shopping for a while.”

I let a sigh out.  “I miss you, too. I wish I was there to protect you. I feel like I’m always failing you. I’d understand if you rejected me when I confess to you. I’d probably make a lousy boyfriend. But I really do miss you. I miss talking to you. I miss hearing your voice. I miss seeing your cute pout whenever noona scolds you. I miss watching your weird movies with you. I. . .”

“I just miss you, Ann. Please wake up. Please wake up for your members, for BTS, for noona, for your family, for your fans. Please wake up for me. I don’t feel the same without you here and I don’t like it.”

I let out a bitter chuckle.  “You’d probably yell at me if you saw me right now. Hyungs have been yelling at me to sleep and eat more. But I don’t want to with me knowing you’re still here. When you wake up, we can go and eat a big meal together, yeah?”

I feel a tear escape from my eye as it falls down my face.  “Just please, wake up,” I say before gently kissing her on her forehead.

I pull back and wipe my face with my free hand.  I look towards the T.V. to see that M!Countdown is starting to end.

“Oh man. We missed their performance,” I say as I grab the remote and turn the volume up.

And the winner is,” the MC says as he begins to open the envelope.

. . .is ROYALTY!”

I smile at that.  I see their shocked faces as the MC hands Jeong the trophie.

“You hear that, Ann? You guys won,” I say.

Still looking at the T.V., I see Hyun is handed the microphone.  I just want to say thank you to our amazing fans for the love and support. But this trophy is f-for, is f-f-for, but he turns around before finishing his sentence.

Jeong takes the mic and finishes for him, this is for Ann. Ann, we love and miss you deeply, so hurry up and wake up. We miss performing with you.”

I can see Scynthia and Rose already crying.

“You’re making everyone cry up there,” I say.

 

“But did you hear what they said? They all miss you and want you to wake up.

 

 

Please.”

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Royalty are now at the hospital, walking their way towards Ann’s room.

“How about we just go in there one at a time? I’m sure we all probably want to have a moment with her alone and stuff,” Jeong says.

They all nod in agreement.

“You should go first, Scynthia,” Rose suggest.  She smiles and nods before walking into the room.

 

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

“Oh, hey, Jimin,” I say as I head to the other side of Ann’s bed.

“Hey. Congrats on the win,” he says as he gets up.

“Thanks,” I say to him.

“Are the rest here, too?” he asks.

“Yeah. They’re outside in the waiting room,” I say as I take a seat besides Ann’s bed.

“Alright, I’ll go join them then,” he says as he stands up from his seat and walk away.

“Hey, Jimin,” I call out just as he reaches the door.

“Yeah?” he asks as he turns around to face me.

“You should go get some food and rest. You need it. And thanks for staying here with her,” I say with a smile.

He gives me a small smile in return and nods before walking out of the door.  That guy needs to eat and get some sleep.  Then again, we all do.

I sigh before looking over at my best friend. 

“You know that dude is head over heels for you, right? And I know for a fact that you like him, too.”

“Well, I don’t know if you know yet, but we won! We got our first trophy tonight! The fans went crazy! It was really great. It would’ve been better if you were there, of course. You should have seen Hyun. He tried to give the speech but he broke out into tears,” I say while shaking my head.

“You see what you’re doing? You brought freaking Hyun to tears. That’s some skill you got there.”

“Hmm. . .what else have you missed? Me and Hoseok are doing well. I really love that guy. He’s been comforting me like crazy and I really appreciate it. I don’t know, but I feel like he’s the one. I just get this feeling every time we’re together. I can really picture a future together with him, you know? I don’t know how that’s going to be, with us both being idols, though. Geez, can you believe in a few months, me and him will have been together for a year?”  I smile at the realization.

“He’s just really good to me. I mean, besides you, I’ve actually found someone who enjoys my craziness,” I say as I feel my eyes water up.

“I miss my best friend. I need someone to tell these things, too. I’d tell Rose but you know he she and Namjoon are still a new couple. Goodness, you should see how giddy they are around each other. I hope me and Hoseok were never like that.”

“I’d tell Lauren but she’s so busy with YG and her new found love of a guy named Bobby,” I say before giggling.  “I’m happy for her, though. She deserves this.”

“But seriously, you need to wake your up and come be with me again. I need my sidekick here. I need my best friend here with me. I never knew how lonely our room is without you. It’s weird going to sleep without have our late night, heart to heart talks.”

“I just need you to wake up, Ann. I don’t care if I sound selfish right now. I need my best friend back. I need someone who understands the inside jokes, who understands me when I say a random lyric and will just start singing along with me. I need my best friend who will listen to me rant over these dramas. Hobi is cool and all but he just doesn’t understand the feels Doctor Crush brings to me.

So, just wake up, okay? I need someone to speak English to. For some reason, Kookie keeps coming up to me and randomly saying July. Like what the heck is that about?

But anyways. Just wake up quickly, okay? I miss you and I need you here by my side. I can’t do anything without my best friend. You’re not even my damn best friend. You’re my sister and sisters are supposed to stick together, right? So I need you to wake up so we can always stick together and have each other’s back.

Well, the other guys want to talk to you, too. I better leave before I end up crying again. I love you and wake up fast, okay?”

I give her hand a squeeze before standing up and walking away.

 

 

 

 

 

Rose’s POV

 

Hey, Ann. I hope you’re enjoying this long sleep because you’re going to need the energy for when I yell at you for doing this to us,” I say as I get comfortable in the seat beside her bed.

“You know, I don’t know if I ever told you this, but thank you. Thanks for being an awesome listener. You were the first person I actually told about the ex-boyfriend thing, besides my stupid brother, of course. It just felt nice telling someone and not getting judged by it.

Well, as nosey as you are, you’re probably wondering about me and Joonie. Yeah, Joonie. I’ve been calling him that now. And ever since then, he’s been making fun of me because he thinks I’ve turned into one of those girls who gives their boyfriends those cheesy pet names and does aegyo. He’s been begging for me to call him oppa, too. Does he know who he is dealing with? I wish I would do aegyo and call him oppa. I really like him and all and I know he’s a year older than me but no. No one gets aegyo from me.

But you know, if it were to wake you up, I’d turn cute in a second and pull all those gross baby faces out.  That’s how much I miss you. You’re like a little sister I’ve never had. I mean, I’m the person who taught you how to walk in heels. I mean, is that not something a big sister does or what? I feel pretty accomplished by it,” I say before giggling.

"Anyways, me and Joonie are doing good. He treats me really well. I feel like this could really work, you know? I really like him. I just hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here."

“You have to wake up, though. We have so much to do. I still haven’t cooked with you yet. I remember the promise I made to you. We’re supposed to cook a Chinese dish together and watch Scynthia get mad for me letting you in the kitchen.

You know, I wish I would have known you guys when you all first joined BigHit. We could have been together for longer. I want you to know that I love and care for each and every one of you. You guys are my family now. A-and f-family isn’t supposed to leave each other behind.” I say between sobs.

So why are you leaving us all behind, Ann? You need to wake up and come be with your family again. As a big sister, I have a lot of stuff to teach you. I still have to break your stupid h-habit of talking with your mouth full. That’s so disgusting, you know that? It’s not lady like at all,” I say as more tears fall down.

So you need to wake up so I can teach you all of these things and more. Scyn told all of us you never had a boyfriend, you know. So I have to teach you all the dos and don’ts of having one. I don’t want you to make the same mistakes as me. You don’t need to go through that.

But please, wake up for us. We really miss you. The dorm isn’t the same without your presence. You know, me and Hyun actually got into an actual fight. Not one of those teasing fights but an actually yelling match. I don’t know how or why it happened. He’s been really quiet lately but then he just blew up. He even cried on the M!Countdown tonight. You’re the one doing that to him, Ann. You’re making all of us cry.

So for the sake of us, wake, okay? We miss you."

 

 

 

 

 

Hyun’s POV

 

Hey there, shorty,” I say, taking a seat.

I smile as I look at Ann.  “They probably told you everything, huh? They probably said how I cried at the show. Yeah, I cried, but it’s all your fault, you know. How can I not cry? They told us Royalty won and everyone is cheering and clapping for us. How could I, though? You weren’t up there with us. If one person is gone, then we’re not Royalty anymore.

Like everyone else has said, I miss, you shorty. I miss making fun of you and stealing your food. I know you’re probably tired of hearing this, but you are the maknae, so you’re everyone’s little sister here. Me and hyung probably have it worse because we didn’t grow up with any siblings. I enjoy teasing you three. But I just want you to know I love you. Out of you three, you’re the one who will still compliment me even after I teased you like crazy.

I had a fight with Rose yesterday. She probably told you. She was just teasing me how we usually do, right? I don’t know what happened because next thing I know, I just snapped. We haven’t talked since then. I should probably apologize, huh? I promise I will right after I leave your room.

I still feel like you’re in the dorm. Every morning, I’d go into your and Scyn’s room and start playing the song you hate, but then I realize you’re not there.

Funny thing happened. We were all talking and Scyn said you never had a boyfriend. I find it pretty hilarious. You should have seen hyung’s face. I feel bad for Jimin when he asks you out. Hyung is gonna be like that overprotective father. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Well, I guess I should leave and apologize to Rose. I’ll feel better once we’re teasing each other again.

I'll feel better once Royalty is Royalty again so hurry up and wake up. The next show we win, you better be there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeong’s POV

 

I sigh as I look at Ann just lying there in bed, not knowing if she’s ever going to wake up.

I take a seat beside her bed.

Before a word leaves my mouth, I break down.

I take a few minutes to let everything out.

Sorry about that. It’s just I haven’t really cried since we found out you were. . .in a coma. For some reason, I felt like I couldn’t. I’m the leader so I have to stay strong for everyone. But during these few days, I’ve learned that just because I’m the leader, doesn’t mean I have to be the strong one or keep all of my emotions to myself. Rose and Scyn kept telling me it’s okay to let it all out. Heck, even Hyun wasn’t afraid to cry.

It just goes to show how close we all really are. You all are my family and I could never ask for anyone else.

When I heard you girls were kidnapped, you don’t know how worried sick I was. When I found out who did it, you don’t know how much I wanted to rip their heads off and make sure those two dudes never have kids. I’ve learned how you never result to violence, no matter how awful that person may treat you, you never harm them back. I admire that about you, ya know. You’re such a kind and caring person.

So, I heard that you’ve been wanting to go back home. I really wished you would’ve told me but then again, you’re the stubborn maknae. Anyways, I wish I can tell you to stay but I can’t because it’s your decision, and not anyone else’s. We’ll all miss you if you do decide to go back home, but promise you’ll visit and won’t forget about us, okay?

You know, Jimin also felt the same way. He really wants to keep you here. He really likes you, you know. He went so far that he begged Mr. Bang to fly your mom out here for our debut. I give that guy some credit.

Even though I do like Jimin and he’s a nice guy, doesn’t mean I approve of him dating you. I have to give him the older brother talk first. Yeah, I know they all told you that Scynthia spilt the beans. Because of that, I’m going to be even harder on him. I’ve even been thinking of stalking you two on your first date.

You three girls are driving me crazy, you know that?  First Hoseok and Scynthia doing you know what. I swear to God that I will hurt him if he every hurts Scyn. They better be using ing protection, too. That reminds me, I should probably have a talk with Scyn and Hoseok.

And now we have Rose and Namjoon. That dude is on thin ice with me for making her cry. She explained everything but still. I’m still blaming him. So I’m watching him with a hawk’s eye.

And when you wake up, I’m going to have to deal with you and Jimin. Is this what it’s like to be an older brother? Geez am I glad Hyun is a guy.

Anyways, like every other person whose visited you, I miss you and you need to wake up quickly. I feel like you’re the only normal person in this group besides me. We’re in a group full of weirdos, Ann. I need you to even it out again.

Well, thanks for listening. I feel a lot better getting that off my chest. But seriously, hurry and wake up. We all miss you back here.

I guess I should go so we can head back to the dorm. Jimin probably wants to come back. I have my eye on him. Just because I like him doesn’t mean I’ll let him off easy.

I’ll see you soon donsaeng.”

 

 

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

“I’m sure you were happy to have your members visit you. What did Jeong say, though? He looked at me pretty weird before he left. If looks could kill, Ann,” I say before chuckling.

“So, I feel like you’ve been listening to people talk all day, so I thought maybe you’d like to listen to some singing? You should be lucky. You have the honors of having your own private concert of BTS’ Park Jimin,” I say with a smile.

Pay attention to the lyrics, okay? I’ve learned that you and I aren’t really good with emotions so I thought my best way of telling you how I feel would be in a song. So make sure you listen real good.”

I grab her hand and interlace our fingers together before looking at her beautiful face.  I take a breath before I begin singing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

kkwak jabajwo, nal anajwo
Can you trust me, can you trust me
jebal jebal jebal kkeureoanajwo

 

 

 

BRB while I go cry.  This was probably the saddest chapter I've ever written. I think a tear or two escaped, lolz. I was listening/reading the lyrics to Suga's mixtape, so you all can blame him for the saddness.  Like, he brought me to full on crying mode guys D:.

 

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed it!

 

 

 

PEACE