Chapter 13

Start Again

I apologize for what you're about to read.  It's just awful. . .you all have been warned

 

 

 

Ann's POV

I stand in the middle of the living room. I haven't moved an inch since Scynthia slapped me. I felt tears falling down my face but I didn't care to wipe them away. My hand is still on my cheek where she slapped me. I can feel my cheek start to redden and burn.

After a few minutes, I finally snap out of my gaze. I begin to walk towards Scynthia's room but then I stop.

She didn't even let me explain. She really thinks that I've been seeing Hoseok. I don't even know where those pictures came from. Maybe I should just give her some space.

Instead of just going to my room, I grab my bag and head out the dorm. There's no way I'll be getting any sleep tonight.

 

 

Lauren's POV

"Oh come on! That's like your third strike!" Chanwoo whines.

I shrug. "I'm usually not this good. Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while or you guys are going super easy on me," I say.

"Uhh, I'd say we should let her think we're going easy on her," Junhoe says before laughing. The rest of them join in the laughter too.

We soon finish our game. 

"Can we get food now? I'm starving!" Yunhyeong says while rubbing his stomach.

"Sounds like a plan," B.I. says.

We all nod in agreement. Once there, we order our food and find a table.

"So are you having fun?" Jinhwan asks me.

I nod my head and smile. "I gotta say, I was not expecting this at all but I'm definitely glad I came."

Our food arrives and we begin to eat. We still talk and laugh with each other. I ask how they feel about performing their comeback later this week.

"Really nervous but super excited at the same time!" Donghyuk says.

"You guys will do great," I say before taking a sip of my water.

B.I nods. "And then the day after we have that photo shoot. We're really excited to see what you've been working on," he says.

I smile. "I'm excited to show it to you all. I'm hoping you all will like it."

"I'm sure we will. I mean, your work is really good," Bobby says.

"Thanks," is all I can say. I'm probably blushing like crazy right now.

We continue to eat and talk.

We soon finish and we all get up and throw out trash away.

"Alright. We have time for one more thing," B.I. says.

"Oh, can we go on the Ferris wheel? I've never been on it at night before," Chanwoo says.

"Why? So you can just fall asleep?" Donghyuk says.

"It was one time!" Chanwoo exclaims back.

I could see Junhoe shake his head and roll his eyes.

"Alright, are you all okay with the Ferris wheel?" B.I. asks.

We all nod our heads.

"Alright, let's go," he says.

 

We end up in line. The guys went into a cart two at a time. By the time I was at the front of the line is when I realized that Bobby was behind me.

I turn around and say, "I guess it's just you and me," before smiling.

He nods and smiles back.

The worker tells us we can get into the cart now. I climb in first and Bobby follows. We're now sitting side by side each other.

The Ferris wheel begins to move again and we're getting higher and higher.

I look out the side of my cart. The scene is so beautiful. South Korea is surely breathtaking at night. I wish I could just look at this forever.

"Hey, are you alright?" I hear Bobby ask.

I look at him and smile. "Yeah."

"You're crying," he tells me.

I look at him weirdly before bringing my hand to my face. Funny enough, I am crying. I wipe the tears away.

"Well that's weird," I say as I try to force out a chuckle.

"Lauren what's wrong? What happened back at the company?" He asks.

I sigh and turn my head to look back out on the beautiful scene.

"I saw Taehyun and overheard his phone conversation. I guess he's seeing someone else. A-and it just got me to thinking about if he was telling me the truth when I wasn't here." I let out a bitter laugh. "I know sure know how to choose 'em."

I feel more tears fall down my face and I hurriedly wipe them off of my face.

"Lauren," Bobby says.

I turn my head towards him.

"I know what happened . But look at the bright side, you realized it before things were said or things got too serious. Like Beyoncé said, you're the best thing I've never had. He isn't good enough for you. You deserve someone much better. You deserve someone who really knows you and cares for you. You need someone who puts effort into the relationship. You are a beautiful, smart, talented, and pretty cool woman if I say so myself." Bobby says.

All I can do is stare at him. He brings his hands to my face and wipes away my tears with his thumbs.

"Now please, stop crying. Stop crying over some douche who doesn't even deserve to be standing in the same room as you," he says.

I slowly nod my head.

"Good because I don't like seeing you cry. Do you want me to dance in here?" He asks with a smile.

"Oh god no," I say before letting out a small giggle.

"There. You're more beautiful when you smile, you know," he says while staring at me.

I can't help but look away but a smile is clearly spread across my face.

 

The Ferris wheel continued to go around.  After a while, we ended back on the bottom.  The worker opened our cart door to let us out. 

Once we got out, we met up with the rest of he guys.

That was pretty fun!” Chanwoo says.

Too bad you missed it all by falling asleep,” Donghyuk says.

Alright guys. Time to go home. It's too late for this bickering,” B.I. says.

 

 

 

We arrive at the dorm.  I kept telling them that I could walk up myself but they insisted one of them come with me.  Bobby volunteered.

 

We’re now in front of the door.  I turn towards Bobby.

“Thanks for walking me up,” I say to him.

“No problem. I’m glad you had fun tonight. Just remember what I said. And if I have to see you crying again, you’re going to have to deal with me,” he says before smiling.

I playfully roll my eyes.  “Whatever you say. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I say before going in the dorm. 

Once I shut the door, I turn around and lean on it.  I couldn’t help but smile.

 

Early the Next Morning

Ann's POV

I ended up at the company practice room. I've been practicing our song for about 3 hours now.

I'm only stopping because I feel that my ankle needs a break. I walk to my stuff and sit down. I take my brace off and start stretching and rotating my ankle.

I find my phone in my bag.  It's 3am.  I sigh as I lean back against the wall.

"What am I supposed to do for five hours?" I say out loud.  I set an alarm for 7am.  That’s when I’ll text unnie and tell her I left for practice early.  

I sigh once again. I can't believe this all happened tonight. Where did those pictures even come from? I try to think of when me and Hoseok were ever even alone together.

The only time was when we met up about Scynthia. How did someone get that?

I suddenly let out a bitter laugh. She's the second person who doesn't believe me about Lay. 

I suddenly feel tears slipping from my eyes. I can't believe she really thought I would do something like that to her. As I wipe away my tears, I flinch as I touch my cheek. I probably deserve that slap. I couldn't even protect my best friend from getting hurt.

I should've never came back here. I sigh once again, feeling my eyes getting heavy. I blink them a few times before they just stay shut as sleep takes over me.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

 

I open my eyes to get my phone and turn the alarm off.  I send a quick text to unnie so she wouldn’t freak out or suspect anything.  I get my clothes out of my bag and go to the bathroom to change.

Once changed, I look at my reflection in the mirror.  My eyes are bloodshot red and I have big circles under my eyes.  Not to mention my cheek is still pretty red.  I rinse my face with water only to flinch at the touch of it.  I do the best I could with the bird's nest on my head and put my glasses on.  I sigh as I look at myself in the mirror again.  What’s expected when you’ve been crying and barely got any sleep?  I sigh once again before leaving the bathroom. 

Let this dreaded day begin.

 

 

Back at The Dorm

Scynthia’s POV

 

I’m eating breakfast at the kitchen table and waiting for Hyejin to come pick me up.

“Where’s Ann at? I checked her room and she’s not there,” Lauren says as she comes in the kitchen.  She’s not here?  I thought she went to her room to sleep.

I only shrug.

“Well she did come home with you didn’t she?” she asks again.

“Yeah. I guess she left after,” I plainly say.

“Did something happen while I was gone?” Lauren asks.

I shake my head.

“Why are you so quiet this morning?” she asks.

“I’m not. I’m just trying to enjoy my breakfast peacefully, if you don’t mind,” I say.

She raises an eyebrow at me.

Just then, Hyejin enters the door.

Alright Scynthia, let’s go. Apparently Ann is already at the company,” Hyejin says before smiling at Lauren.

Huh, I guess that’s where she went.

 

 

 

At BigHit

 

I enter the practice room to see everyone already there.  On my way here, Hyejin told me that we have to go to the BTS concert tonight.  I’m just in no mood to do anything today.  I’m still not ready to face Hoseok, either.

I see Ann sitting in the corner with her earphones in.  I’m not even that close to her and I can see the huge bags under her eyes and her hair is more wild than normal.  She looks like complete crap.  I shake my head.  This is all her fault.

Hey Scynthia. You ready for today?” Hyun asks excitedly.

Yeah,” I simply say.

You alright?” Jeong asks.

Yeah, just nervous I guess,” I say.

“We’ll all do fine,” he says before smiling.  I force a smile back.

“What’s with that thing over there? She looks like something the cat dragged in, though she looks like that everyday but she looks even worse today, if that’s even possible,” Aerum says before laughing.

Yeah. She was even here before us and she’s been really quiet,” Jeong says.

I just stay quiet.

Did something happen between you two?” Hyun asks.

Awww, did the two best friends have a fight? What happened? You two couldn’t figure out who had the least talent?” Aerum says before chuckling.

Please, just let me choke her.  Just once, that’s all I’m asking.

The instructors come in the room, as well as people with cameras.

Are you guys ready?” our vocal coach asks excitedly with a huge smile on her face.

We all nodded and Ann came over to join us.

Okay, everyone get into thei-Ann! What happened to you?” the dance teacher asks.

She shakes her head before smiling.  “I just had a tough time sleeping. Too n-nervous about today’s recording,” she says.

"What happened to your cheek?" She asks.  I take a look at it and it's still pretty red.  I can't believe I slapped her.  I didn't mean to take it that far.  I was just so worked up.  I feel bad for doing that now.  

"Oh, I just ran into something. I didn't have my glasses on," she says.  She's such a bad liar but she still cares enough not to tell anyone what happened.  What did I do?  Did I seriously let a boy come in between us?

Alright then. Well, let’s run the routine a few times before we start the recording,” the dance instructor says.

We all nod and get into our places. 

 

 

BTS Practice Room

Hoseok’s POV

Okay, so you guys know what to do tonight, right?” I ask everyone.

Yes. We went over this like one hundred times already, hyung,” Jungkook says.

Sorry. I just need this to go perfect. I just want to be with Scynthia again,” I say.

We got it. Everything will go as planned. Don’t worry. You two will be all lovey dovey by the end of tonight,” Namjoon says before laughing.

“Yeah. We all have your back. She’ll enjoy it and you’ve put too much work into it for it not to work,
 V says.

Thanks guys,” I say before giving a small smile.

 

 

Ann’s POV

That was great guys! After lunch, we’ll do a few more recordings then you’ll be done for the day,” the vocal instructor beamed at us.

We all nod and they leave, including the camera crew.

I am beyond exhausted.  I am surprised I was able to have enough energy to continue recording.  I’m just glad no one noticed.

Let’s go to lunch!” Hyun says.

Aerum just walks out while everyone else nods.

You guys go ahead, I’m going to stay back here for a while,” I say.

Are you sure you’re alright?” Jeong asks, “You don’t look that well. Maybe some food will do you good.”

I smile.  “I’m fine, just tired,” which isn’t a total lie.

Alright. Let us know if you change your mind,” Jeong says and I just nod.

They all leave and I see Scynthia glance back.  I meet her gaze but she just looks away.  I sigh.  Guess she’s still mad at me.

 

I go to use the bathroom.  I don’t even look at myself in the mirror when I’m washing my hands.  I don’t need to see how bad I look.

 

I leave the bathroom and run into someone.

Oh, I’m sorry,” I say.

The person turns around and I look up only to realize it’s Jimin.

It’s ok-Ann, are you okay?” Jimin asks.

I’m fine,” I say before walking off but I get pulled back when he grabs my wrist.

Ann, you don’t look good. Have you even eaten today? And what's with your cheek?” he asks as he brushes his hand against it, making me flinch.

"Ann, what happened? Did someone hit you?" he asks, his voice rising some.

I look at him and I mean I get a good look at him.  He doesn’t look any better than me.  He looks like he hasn’t been sleeping for days with dark circles under his eyes.  He even looks like he lost a little weight.

"No. I'm fine. Not like you'll believe me anyway," I say.  "You don’t look too good, either. You should go rest before your concert,” I say before breaking away from his hold and walking away.

 

 

 

Later, the group came back from lunch and we began performing the song a few more times in front of the cameras.

 

And that’s a wrap! We got all that we needed,” one of the guys from the camera crew says.

The dance instructor nods at him before looking back at us.  “Alright guys. You all did so great!”

Indeed you did,” the vocal coach chimes in.  “So great, that we’re giving you guys a day off tomorrow. You all deserve it,” she says.

We all smile at that wonderful news.

The instructors and camera crew leave and Hyejin comes in.

I heard the good news! I’m so proud of you all,” she says while smiling at us.

Thanks! I’m excited about the day off tomorrow! Plus we get to go to BTS’s concert tonight,” Hyun says.

Hyejin nods.  “I’ll take you all home so you can start getting ready for that.”

As everyone leaves the practice room, I tug on Hyejin’s wrist.

Yeah Ann? Oh, you don’t look so well,” she says as I see her observing my face.

I just didn’t get too much sleep last night,” I tell her.

Good thing you get a day off tomorrow. So what did you want to tell me?” she asks.

I was wondering if I could not go to the concert tonight,” I hesitantly say.

Why not?” she asks with worry in her voice.

I’m just not feeling it tonight,” I honestly say.  There’s no point in lying.

She presses her lips together before sighing.  “I suppose.

I offer her a small smile.  “Thanks unnie.

And we leave for the dorm.

 

 

I'm sorry again guys!! I know, this is absolutely awful.  I don't even know why I posted this, to be honest.  Please forgive me. I'll try to make the next chapter better!

 

So sorry again!

sorry%2Bsorry.gif