Chapter 17

Start Again

Jimin’s POV

After a while of having her in my embrace, I soon realize that she still doesn’t have any clothes on.  I look at the ground to see that her pants are around her ankles and that her shirt is ripped down the middle.  I try to pull away but she only clings to my shirt even tighter. 

Ann, you have to put some clothes on. Do you think you can stand?” I ask her softly.

She doesn’t say anything but she slowly lets up on her grip on my shirt.  I grab her hands and help her stand.  As she stands, she pulls her hands away and clutch her stomach.  I pull her pants, ignoring the fact that she is practically in front of me. 

After I tie her waistband, I move her hands away from her stomach.  I notice that her stomach is super red.  This makes me stand up and take a good look at her.  I slowly scan her body, seeing if she is hurt anywhere else.  As my eyes finally reach her face, I notice that the right side is practically red and swollen.  I look to the ground and notice that her glasses are broken in two.

I look back at her.  “Ann. D-did he hit you?

She doesn’t do or say anything.  I can tell she is still traumatized at the events that occurred tonight but I need answers from her.  What’s it going to be like when she has to talk to the police?

Ann, I know you’re scared and still freaking out but you have to talk to me.  I’m here to help, okay? I won’t let that bastard hurt you again,” I pleadingly say to her.

She finally looks up to me, her eyes meeting mine.  All I see is complete fear.  Just seeing her like this makes me want to break down myself.  But I can’t. I have to be strong for her.

Ann. Did he hit you?” I ask again.

She nods her head and that’s when I feel my anger begin to rise again.  Trying to distract myself, I rearrange my jacket on her and properly put it on her since her shirt is ruined. 

Just then, the door was thrown open.  I felt Ann flinch.  I turn my head to see who it is.

OH MY GOD ANN. ARE YOU OKAY? OH MY GOD!” Manager noona says as she runs to pull Ann into her.  She then pulls away and holds Ann’s face in her hands.  As she does this, Ann flinches again.

Oh my god, your face,” noona says before moving her eyes down and landing on her stomach.  “Your stomach! D-did he do this to you?” noona asks in a shaky voice.  All Ann did was slowly nod.

Noona rapidly blinks her eyes, probably to stop the wanting tears from falling down.

W-we need to get you to a hospital. The van is parked in the front,” she says as she zips up the jacket that’s on Ann.

I’ll go with you,” I say.  Noona only nods at this.

Noona puts an arm over Ann’s shoulders and starts to lead her out the door.  I notice Ann clutching her stomach again. 

Noona, I’ll just carry her. She’s in too much pain to walk,” I tell her.  This makes noona look towards Ann.  She could only nod. 

I pick Ann up bridal style and she automatically clutches to my shirt again.  Seeing her like this breaks my heart. 

 

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

Me and Hoseok came back to the dorm laughing like crazy.

I can’t believe it! He basically dabed throughout his whole song,” Hoseok says in between laughs.

It’s really great! And his line inspirAsian! It’s genius!” I say back.

We’re laughing over a video a fan sent me through Twitter.  It was a video clip from Show Me The Money 5.  It was myunDo’s solo rap and boy was it great! His song was on point and his dab-ing! OMG!  Remind me to send this Baekhyun!

I’m definitely waiting for a dance video! I’m totally gonna be rooting for him!” I say before giggling.

We both walk over to the couch and sit down.  Our day has been pretty awesome so far.  He took me to a pretty cool café and we had lunch.  It was great.  We talked about everything and anything.  We then took a walk in the park but was surprised by a flash mob. . .a quite interesting flash mob at that.  Beyoncé would be proud!

 (Imagine that it went something like this xD. Gotta add some humor into this :D)

So what’s this show you wanted to watch?” Hoseok asks as I lean against him and he puts an arm around me. (And no. They are not gonna Netflix and Chill. I see you all out there -__-)

Oh! It’s called Doctor Crush! I haven’t really looked into the details but I’ve heard it’s really good. They’re supposed to be airing all of the episodes they have so far,” I say as I flip through the channels, finally stopping on the right one.

All of a sudden, the commercials were interrupted by a Celebrity Breaking News event.   

I sigh.  Don’t they have anything better to do than to meddle in their lives?

The announcer pops up on the screen.

We’re sorry to interrupt your broadcast schedule but we just received a breaking news event.

The screen then switches to someone in handcuffs being surrounded by a mass of people.

It has been reported that Lay from the world-wide famous KPOP group EXO, has been arrested earlier this evening.  The reason why has yet to be determined but we will definitely keep you updated.  Now back to your scheduled programming.

I wonder what he did,” Hoseok says.

For some reason, I start to get this bad feeling.  “You don’t think it has anything to do with Ann do you?” I ask.

Before he could respond, both of our phones ring.  I pick mine up and see that it’s manager unnie.  I look to Hoseok and he says that it’s Jimin.

I gulp before swiping and answering the phone.

Hello?”

W-we’re at the hospital. I suggest you come down immediately,” unnie says.  I can tell something horrible happened by the cracking of her voice.

What happened?

It’s Ann. Something happened to he-

What happened? Is she okay?” I begin to talk louder as worry immediately shots through me.

She’s okay. . .physically. Just please come down,” she says, almost like she’s begging.

Alright. I’ll be down there shortly,” I say before hanging up.

I look towards Hoseok who is showing the same expression as me, worry.

I can get Jin to drive us to the hospital,” he says.

I nod and we hurriedly leave.  I need to call Lauren and tell her to meet us there.

 

 

 

Lauren’s POV

 

The guys just wrapped up their photoshoot.  They’re now back in their dressing room getting changed. 

Bobby is the first one to come out and he walks towards me.  Just as he was about to say something, my phone rings.

I smile, “Hold that thought for a minute,” I say as I answer my phone without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” I say.

“Get to the hospital immediately. Something happened to Ann. I don’t know what but just meet me at the hospital. I’m on my way, too,” she says before hanging up, her voice sounding pretty shaky.

I bring the phone in front of me and just stare at it.  Ann?  I just saw her yesterday and she was fine.  What the heck happened to her.

“Lauren? Lauren! Are you alright?” Bobby asks me.

“A-Ann. Hospital,” is all I could say as I notice that my hands are shaking. 

His eyes widen.  “I can have manager hyung drive you. Let’s go,” he says as he grabs my hand and leads the way.

 

 

At the Hospital

Author’s POV

 

Hyejin and Jimin are in the waiting room, getting questioned by the police while Ann is getting checked out by the doctor.

So you found her like that?” The officer asks.

Jimin shakes his head.  “I was walking through the hallway and I hear screaming. It sounded like Ann so I ran. Once I entered the room, I,” he sighs before continuing, “I saw him all over her. If I would’ve been any later he probably would have actually succeeded in doing it,” Jimin says.

The officer nods his head.  Jimin takes this as sign to continue. 

I then ran to him and immediately pulled him off and I guess I lost control because I began punching him but then the security guard came and took him away.”

Alright. Thank you for your time Mr. Park. I’m sure what you went through must have been hard but you saved your friend. You should be thankful for that. I hope Miss Lee has a quick recovery from this,” the officer says before bowing and leaving the two alone.

I can’t believe this is happening,” Hyejin says while running her hand through her hair, “I cannot believe he almost her.”

D-do you think she’ll be okay?” Jimin asks her teary-eyed.

Hyejin looks at him and her eyes soften.  That’s when tears start falling from Jimin’s eyes. 

Hyejin immediately brings Jimin into her embrace.

Ann is a strong girl. Yes, she’s been through a lot, which is going to make this even harder for her, which is why we have to be there for her. This is going to take a toll on her emotionally and mentally, especially the things she’s been through with her father. But that’s what we’re here for. We have to make sure she feels comfortable and safe again. We have to make sure we don’t lose our Ann,” Hyejin says.

Hyejin then pulls away and grabs Jimin by the shoulders.  “That’s why we have to be strong for her, okay? What would Ann do if she saw you crying right now?

Depending what my problem was, she’d either console me or laugh in my face,” Jimin says chuckling a little as he wipes away his tears.

Hyejin offers him a small smile.

Quick footsteps could be heard behind them.  They both turn around to see a running Jin, Hoseok, Scynthia, Lauren, and Bobby.

Is she okay? What happened?” Jin asks.

Ann was almost tonight,” Hyejin says.

Gasps and cries were heard.

W-what?” Lauren asks as tears are already falling from her eyes.  Bobby sees this and grabs a hold of her hand and squeezes it.

Scynthia wipes her tears away before looking up at Hyejin.

Was it Lay?” she asks quietly.

Hyejin sighs.  “Yes.”

"That bastard almost did this?!" Jin yells.

Hoseok puts an arm on his shoulder, trying to calm his hyung down.

How did you know that?” Bobby asks.

They showed him getting arrested on T.V.,” Hoseok responds.

Where are the others?” Hyejin asks.

Hyun and Jeong are visiting their girlfriends,” Scynthia says.

The rest of the group went to visit their families,” Jin says.

I can’t believe this is happening,” Lauren speaks up.

Just then the doctor comes out.

I guess you are all with Miss Lee?” the doctor asks.

Yes sir,” Hyejin responds.

How is she?” Jimin being the first one to ask.

She’s fine. She’s going to have a sore stomach for a couple of days due to the impact of the punch but other than that, she’s fine,” the doctor says.

“How about emotionally and mentally?” Scynthia asks being afraid of the answer.

Well, when she first came in, she didn’t say a word. But as we went on during her examination, she began talking, smiling even. She’s using a coping mechanism and pretending that everything is fine. It’s like she’s ignoring that it even happened. Please be careful at this. If she continues this, then one day she’s just going to burst and everything is going to come out at once,” the doctor says.

Everyone just stares in silence.

The doctor continues, “I looked at her records and it seems that this is not the first time of abuse. It also says that she went to a therapist. I suggest she starts doing that once again so she can sort everything out. Anyways, I’m sure you want to see her now. You can go in.

“Of course. We’ll make sure to do that. Thank you doctor,” Hyejin says.

 

Hyejin walks in the room first and then everyone else follows.  They all seem pretty shocked at what they see.

Ann is sitting on the bed, happily chatting with the nurse.

Scynthia is the first one to speak up.  “How are you doing, Ann?

Ann jumps a little, not noticing that they all entered the room.

You guys scared me,” she says before smiling.  “And I’m okay I guess,” she says before shrugging.  “How are you all?

They all really didn’t expect this at all, especially Jimin, after seeing her silent and not speaking.

We’re just glad you’re okay. Are you ready to go home?” Hyejin asks.

Ann nods. “I definitely am!” 

I just need you to fill out some paperwork first,” the nurse nicely says.

Alright, no problem,” Ann says as she slowly gets off of the bed.  She clutches her stomach but then slowly walks with the nurse to the front desk.

Once they leave, Jin starts to speak.  “What the just happened?

Jin had everyone shocked because of his language but looking at the situation, they could understand his anger.

I-I have no idea,” Lauren says.

S-she wasn’t even like this when stuff happened with her dad. What are we supposed to do?” Scynthia says, tears welling up in her eyes again.  Hoseok moves towards her to embrace her while rubbing her arm.

Hyejin just sighs.  “Like I told Jimin, we’re going to have to be there for her. Like the doctor said, she’s trying to suppress everything that has happened. Our job is for us to let her know that we’re here for her so she’ll be able to talk to us at any time.

Everyone nods at Hyejin’s words.  Just then, they hear something interesting from the television.

We have an update on EXO’s Chinese member Zhang Yixing, better known as Lay. Earlier this evening, it was seen that Lay was arrested. It is now being reported that he is being charged with attempted . What will happen to him? How will this affect his and EXO’s career? And more importantly, who is this victim? Stay with us as we keep you updated.

Hyejin sighs once again.  “I have to make sure Ann’s identity doesn’t get out. This is such a mess.”

“How about we all go home and get some rest? Then you guys can regroup and discuss this tomorrow when you all are refreshed,” Bobby suggests.

Jin nods.  “He’s right. I’m too angry right now to even think straight,” he says before storming out of the room.

Make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid,” Hyejin says to Jimin and Hoseok. 

They both nod.

Let’s go check on Ann,” Hoseok says as he grabs Scynthia’s hand.  She quietly nods and they also leave the room.

I guess we should go, too,” Lauren says.  Bobby nods and they head out as well.

Jimin looks at Hyejin with worry in his eyes.

She’s completely different compared to earlier,” he says.

I know. This is her way of coping with the situation. By all means is it not healthy, which is why we have to help her. Since you saw her at one of her weakest moments, you may be the one who can break her,” Hyejin says.

Jimin rubs a frustrating hand down his face.

It’s alright to be scared Jimin. We all are. But I know we’ll be able to get through this. Let’s go home, you need some rest,” she says as she gently pushes Jimin out of the door.

I hope we can make it through this,” Hyejin says before following Jimin out of the room.

 

 

 

Well, I'm sorry that was a depressing chapter. I tried to make the first half of it funny, at least, though I probably failed, lol!  

I wanted to give another update because it'll probably be about a week or so until I update again.

I'm also in the midst of trying to figure out how "deep" (noooo.....get you head out of the gutters, lol) I want to go with this story. Whatever I decide, I will definitely make sure to put a warning above the chapter.

 

Also, this is random, I know, but I wanted to say this.  I came about a fic today, and let me tell you, it's pretty amazing if I do say so myself.  Anyways, I was reading a chapter and found that she kind of shouted me out at the end of it.  I just wanted to say thanks and kinda do the same back, ya know? It made me happy that I know a few people actually like the crap I write lol.  The story is  good!  I mean, a person who can combine kpop, drama, WWE, and the Whip & Nae-Nae seriously deserves a shout out in my books!  Anyways, go check out Chapter968's story!  It's called The Girl Group and it's really good so far so you guys should check it out :D

 

I also wanted to say thank you all for reading, subscribing, and commenting!  It really means a lot and I really do appreciate you all!  So, THANK YOU :D. You all are da best!

Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling on, so I'll just leave you with a bunch of dab memes/gifs :D

Peace!!

 

tumblr_inline_o2nobspJ9G1rwqjex_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_o2nnfopRYs1rwqjex_500.jpg

tumblr_o72npgPHMf1vquof3o2_250.gif (Kookie needs to stop before he gets whiplash. XD)

 

THat moment when you find out that Monsta X dabed O.O

tumblr_o8sn51Ic6m1uk8g0yo1_500.gif

 

And we can't forget BTS!

fad873205ebdc57210884cddd93679a7.jpg

And the most recent one in my books. . .

tumblr_o8mq7vDWJX1rhuqigo1_500.gif Grandpa SUHO!! lol.  Now that you think of it, what's behind him isn't that bad looking, if ya know what I mean ;)

Seriously, who's next?  Maybe Shinee will dab on 'em. lol. . .maybe a girl group lol

PEACE :D