Chapter 28

Start Again

bts-v.jpg

 

Rose’s POV

 

Since I finished with my solo teaser, I was able to go back home earlier than the others.  I decided that this would be the perfect time to continue working on the song that I was writing.  I’ve been working on it for a few days and I’m nearly finished with it.  It’s just that I think it needs something more.  Like it needs a hook to bring people in or something.

 music-lyrics1-300x165.jpg

I sit on the couch with my handwritten lyrics and computer on the table in front of me.  Hmm. . .I just don’t know what it’s missing.  I ruffle my hair in frustration.  Aish!  Why is this so hard?

Just then, I hear the door opening.  I look up to see that Ann just walked through.

Hey, Ann. How was it?” I ask as I read over my lyrics again.

I don't hear a response so I look to where she's up to, only to see her in the kitchen.  Figures.  From the small time that I've known her, I've found out that she really likes food.  Like really LOVES it.  Good thing she's a dancer.  I see her take an apple.  She shrugs as she makes her way over to me, only to plop down next to me on the couch. 

I guess it went better than I thought. I still hate psychologists and the rest of them,” she says and I can’t help but giggle.

Well, at least it’s over and you can come back tomorrow!” I say excitedly.

I see her smile.  “I’m excited! But I have so much to do!

It’ll be alright. Just do your best and make sure not to overwork yourself,” I tell her and she nods.

What’s this you’re working on?” she asks looking at my lyrics.

I’m writing a song. I’m hoping that once it’s finished, they’ll consider to use it as one of our debut songs,” I say.

Wow. That’s be really cool!” she says before looking over the lyrics again.  “I really like the song. It’s like a bittersweet song. You miss them and don’t want them to go but at the same time you want them to be happy even if you have to suffer,” she says.

Yes! Exactly what I was going for,” I say before smiling.

She nods.  “It seems like it’s basically finished, though.”

Yeah, it is but I feel like it needs something at the beginning, you know?” I say.

Hmm. Did you want this to be a slow song or like an upbeat song?” she asks me.

I was thinking more of an upbeat song. Something you can kind of move to but at the same time it’s not a club song,” I say, hoping that it makes sense.

She nods as she seems to be contemplating something.  Then she looks up before speaking.  “Do you think oppa would mind if we use his keyboard?” she asks.

I shrug.  “I suppose not. It’s not like he’s here anyways,” I say.

She smiles and nods.  “Alright. To Jeong oppa’s room! I think I have an idea,” she says before getting up, my lyrics in her hand, while heading to his room.

I raise an eyebrow.  What exactly is this girl up to?  I shrug before getting up and following her.

Once I enter Jeong’s room, I see Ann standing behind his keyboard.  She starts playing different notes on it.

I take a chair and move it so I’m facing Ann.  “I never knew you could play the piano,” I say as I take a seat.

She nods.  “I can play the guitar, too. My da-father taught me. He was really into music and stuff. But when everything went down, I kinda just stopped playing,” she says before shrugging.

Wow, I never knew that.  Who would have thought her father would have been the one to introduce her into music?  It’s really a shame what happened to her.  She probably, deep down inside, wishes he were here to watch her.  At the same time, though, I feel kinda happy that she’s sharing these kind of things with me.   I’m glad we’re able to get closer and bond like this.

Do you play any instruments?” she asks as she continues playing random notes on the keyboard.

I play the saxophone,” I say.

Oh, that’s cool! It’d be awesome to incorporate that into a song sometime,” she says while smiling.

Really? I don’t know. I think it would sound weird,” I say honestly.

She shakes her head.  “No way. It’d sound really cool! There's so many cool songs with saxaphones in 'em, like The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga and Problem by Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea! Plus, that mixed with Scynthia playing the drums over a nice melody would sound really good.”  I guess she's right.  I forgot about those cool songs.  Wait-what?  Scynthia and drums?

“Scynthia plays the drums? Now that is pretty cool,” I say before smiling.

I think I got it!” she randomly says.

What?” I ask, highly confused.

Listen to this and tell me what you think,” she says and I just nod my head.

She starts playing the piano.  It was a soft and slow tune.  It was really beautiful.  She then stops playing.

It’s missing something,” she says before leaving the room.  A minute or two late, she comes back with her laptop.

What do you mean missing something? It sounded really beautiful,” I say.

"You said you wanted an upbeat kind of song. I have this piece of music that I think will really work well with it,” she says as clicks away at her laptop.

Alright,” she starts off, giving me the computer before going back to stand behind the keyboard.  “Every time I nod, click the play button,” she says and I nod in response.

She nods her head and music begins playing.  It’s a piece full of string instruments and it sounds really beautiful.  It's like an orchestra.  She nods her head again and I pause the music.  She then begins playing the keyboard and that nice beautiful slow tone sounds my ears again.  After about 30 seconds she nods her head, so I click play again.  Man, was I in for a surprise.  A very cool electronic beat begins playing from her laptop.  I can't help but move a little to the beat.  We listen to it all the way through until it finishes.

Oh my goodness. That was ing fantastic!!” I say as I jump up from the bed!

Hey! Watch my laptop!” she says running towards me to grab her computer.  “And you really think so?” she asks.

I nod my head like crazy!  “It was insane! I do have a suggestion, though,” I say.

She nods, indicating that she’s listening.

I think we could lose the part where the string instruments play. I don’t think the original song needs it. It seems more like and intro or something so it definitely has to be used for something,” I say.

She nods.  “Alright. But you like the piano? I thought it would be cool to kinda fake people into thinking it’s going to be a ballad and then boom! The beat drops,” she says before smiling.

It’s perfect! Just what I imagined. Did you really make the music yourself?” I ask.

Yeah. I had to do something during these five days and it’s not like I can write lyrics,” she says before chuckling.

Well my lovely dongsaeng, with my amazing writing skills and your amazing producing skills, we will make an awesome duo. Just imagine, we’ll be a sub-unit in the future. We’ll be like Vixx LR, only it’ll be Royalty RA,” I say while smiling.

She then bursts into laughter.  “I’m glad you think that.”

Anyone home?” We hear someone yell from the living room.

I guess the rest of them are home,” Ann says as she gathers her laptop and I gather my lyrics.  We then head out of Jeong’s room to find the rest of the group in the living room.

“What were you guys doing in my room?” Jeong asks with a raised eyebrow.

Oh, you know. Just writing a kick- song!” I say proudly as I jump on the couch, sitting next to Hyun.

I see Ann shake her head.  “I never knew unnie could curse so much. It’s like another Scynthia,” she says before giggling.

Hey, swearing just gets through to people better. It shows mote emotion, more powerful like,” Scynthia says and I nod in agreement with her.  Amm rolls her eyes.

Wait, you guys wrote a song, too?” Hyun asks.

Hell yeah we did! Ann even made the music for it!” I excitedly say.

Wait, too? Did you guys write a song?” Ann asks as she sits on the floor.

“We did,” Jeong says, “we came back here because we thought we would be able to practice some but looks like we both had the same idea.”

So how do we do this?” Ann asks.

Well, first we record our songs and make sure they’re perfect. Then, we have to show them to Manager unnie and the CEO. They have to approve of them,” Scynthia says.

Rose nods.  “Wouldn’t it be cool if we debuted with self-written songs? It’s be amazing!

Hyun nods.  “Royalty will surely blow up in no time. We'd be rookies of the year!” he says as he pumps his fist in the air.

Guys. Let’s get through our teasers first. Ann still has to record and film tomorrow and they want it all done by the end of the night,” Jeong says.

Yeah. Unnie sent me my schedule for tomorrow. It’s going to be one hectic day tomorrow,” Ann says.

Well, me and Rose will be with you for most of it. We have to film our teaser for Beautiful Stranger. Scynthia says.

I told Jake that we could work on the song the day after tomorrow,” Hyun says.

I like that! And we could work on the other one, too,” Ann says before smiling.

Alright. Since we all have a busy day tomorrow, let’s head in early shall we?” Jeong suggests.

“Come on hyung! Let’s just say goodnight before we leave,” I hear someone say from outside of our door.

Why can’t we do it tomorrow morning?

They might not be here plus we won’t have time!”

Well, I guess the boys are here,” I say as I’m getting the door.

Just knock on the do-“ I hear someone say just as I opened it.

“Planning on coming in?” I ask with a smirk on my face.

Sorry about that but they wanted to say goodbye to you all before we leave for China for a few days,” Jin says.

And you didn’t, oppa?” Ann asks as she pouts.

Jin’s eyes widen as he looks at Ann.  He walks over to her before kneeling and bringing her into a hug.  “Of course I did! I can’t leave without saying goodbye to my favorite donsaeng,” he says.

I roll my eyes as I shut the door after the rest of them come in.

So, you gonna miss me?” I hear someone say.  I turn around only to find Namjoon staring at me.

What makes you think I’ll miss you?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.  Who does this guy think he is.  Yeah, he’s talented and funny and handsome and oh my goodness that dimple. . .wait, oh yeah.  That doesn’t mean he has to be so cocky, though.  Yeah, I said it.

He smiles as he steps closer, making me step back, which makes me hit a wall.  Damn it!  “I know you will. Don’t fight it babe,” he says.

Don’t let him win, Rose.  Be strong, girl!  Don’t let the man win!

I put on a smirk.  “Is that so, honey?”

His face shows surprise before going back into his smirk.  “It is. I’m glad you’re finally catching on,” he says as he leans down, making our eyes meet.

My breath hitches at the sudden closeness.  Damn it!  Way to go, Rose.

“You know,” he begins, “you have some pretty eyes. You want to know what I see in them?

I gulp.  “W-what?”  God.  Did I just stutter?  Kill me now!

I see you and I together pretty soon and man do we look good together,” he says before lowering his head so his mouth is right by my ear.  “And let me tell you,” he whispers in my ear, “I will definitely miss you Meigui and I’m not afraid to admit it.”

The way he said my name sent shutters down my spine.  Dear Lord what is happening right now?

He then leans back so now we’re facing each other again, our noses almost touching.  His mouth then opens and he. . .

Rose and hyung are making out over here!” I hear someone yell.  I don’t know who it is as I’m stuck frozen in my spot.

Damn it Taehyung! I swear I’m going to kill you,” Namjoon says as he pulls away and sends a death glare to Taehyung.

Oh, I um, I’m just going to go back over there,” he says before running off again.

Namjoon sighs before looking back at me.  “Anyways. I’m going to be texting and calling you, so don’t you dare ignore me. And don’t be surprised if I start asking you random questions again. I just want to get to know you more. And don’t work too hard. I’ll be rooting for you while in China,” he says before smiling back at me and then walking away.

What.

Just.

Happened.

What.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

Hoseok comes and sits next to me on the couch before pulling me closer into him.

I’m going to miss you,” he says before kissing the top of my head.

I’m going to miss you, too. Don’t overwork yourself, okay?” I say to him.

I promise as long as you promise to do the same,” he says.

I turn my head and look up to him.  “I promise,” I say before pecking him on the lips.

As I pull away, I hear him sigh.  “I’m sure going to miss those everyday.”

I smirk before kissing him again, only longer and more passionately.  I then pull away and look into his eyes, only to him a bit surprised.  “Will that last you while you’re away?” I ask.

I think I’m going to need another one,” he says as he leans in but I playfully push him away.

He chuckles and I see him look down at something.  I follow his gaze, only to meet my hand, the one with the ring on it.

I’m glad you still wear it,” he says while smiling.  He gently grabs my hand and pulls it up before kissing it. 

I giggle at him.  “Of course I still wear it. I never take it off,” I honestly say.

Just know, that no item will be able to represent how much I truly love you,” he says as he looks at me endearingly.   

I smile back and kiss his cheek.  “You need to leave soon. I can’t handle any more of your cheesiness,” I say before laughing.

And this cheesiness is all yours babe,” he says while smiling.

I can't help but smile at that.  He’s definitely all mine.

 

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I pulled Ann to her room so I could talk to her privately.  I sit her down on her bed as I take I seat next to her.

How’d your session go today?” I ask.

She shrugs.  “It went, I suppose. What’s in the bag?” she asks as she points at the bag that I was holding.

“Well, you know how you have problems sleeping, right?” I ask.

She nods.

And well, I’ve noticed that when I’m next to you, you’ve been sleeping better, which makes me really happy,” I say before smiling.

Her eyes widen slightly but then she slowly nods. “Yeah. . .”

Well, I won’t be here for a few days but I want you to still be able to sleep, so I got you this, hoping it would help,” I say before pulling out the stuffed panda I bought for her last week.

Her face shows pure shock but then falls into happiness with a smile.  “You got me a stuffed animal?” she asks as she takes it from my hand.  Huh, I guess she really likes animals.

I nod.  “You said you had a stuffed animal at home and it helped you sleep so I thought if I got you one it could help you here,” I say.  “I hope you like it. It’s cool if you don’t, though.

No way! I love it! Why a panda, though?” she asks as she looks at the stuffed animal.

I shrug.  “I noticed how Scynthia and Lauren always call you panda, so yeah,” I say while rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

She looks up and smiles at me.  Next thing I know, her arms are around my neck and my arms are around her waist.  She’s hugging me.

Thank you, Jimin. This really means a lot. Thank you,” she says as she pulls away, picking up the animal again.

Oreo,” I hear her say.

What?” I ask as I raise an eyebrow.

“Oreo. His name is Oreo,” she says seriously.

I couldn’t help but laugh at her.  She’s so cute.

Alright, Oreo. Your job is to protect Miss Ann from all of her bad dreams,” I say to the bear.  I look up to see Ann smiling at me.

And your job is to get enough sleep. Now that you’re going back and working on your debut, you’re going to be busy as ever. Don’t forget to eat and sleep. I will be calling you to check on you,” I seriously say and she just nods in response.

And if you’re having any problems at all, whether it’s sleeping, training, or something else, you call me, you hear? If I don’t answer right away, I will try my best to call you back, okay?

“Yes, oppa.”  Aish.  She kills me every time she calls me that.

And watch your ankle and make sure you wear your brace whenever you’re dancing. And don’t hide if you’re in pain. Make sure to tell someone. And don’t let anyone you don’t know near you. I’m sure Jeong and Hyun will make sure of that,” I say.

I’ll be fine Jimin. You should be telling yourself these things. Don’t go overworking yourself. Make sure you eat and sleep. And if you ever need to talk or vent about Kookie’s teasing or Taehyung being weird, you can call me and I’ll be here to listen. I’m quite good at that, you know,” she says before smiling, which makes me smile in turn.

Jimin! We have to go now!” I hear Yoongi hyung yell.

Well, I guess I have to leave you. Make sure to get a lot of rest tonight,” I say as I stand up.  She follows my movements.

I will. Oreo will keep me company,” she says before smiling again.

I couldn’t stop myself from pulling her into my embrace. 

Just be safe, okay?” I say into her hair.

“I will. You, too,” I hear her say against my chest.

I’ll be watching for you guys’ teasers,” I say as I pull away.  She only nods.

 

We then walk out her room.  We all then say goodbye to each other before leaving their dorm.

 

 

I smile as I think about how she hugged me and how I felt my heart flutter and how I didn't want to let go. 

Ann, what are you doing to me?

 

 

 

Another chapter!  Yay!  I really liked this one, even though I'm light way ashamed of all the cheese in this story, smh.  

Ayways, I'm hoping to add a few chapters today.  So before you read, make sure you've read the previous chapter first :D

 

And this doesn't really have anything to do with the story. . . .but HAVE YOU SEEN TEN???  BAE BE DANCING TO MY SONG LOOKING MIGHTY FINE!!! 

PANDA PANDA PANDA

Shownu looking mighty good, if I do say so, as well!!

 

Well, I'll see you later!! :D