Chapter 49

Start Again

Image result for without you

Author’s POV

 

Days have passed.  Royalty performed on a few more shows and won more trophies.  They thanked their fans for all of their support and love and promised to continue working hard.

BTS continued with their easy schedules, as well.

And Ann is still in a coma.

Though the situation hasn’t changed, everyone seemed to be optimistic, glad that Ann’s condition hasn’t worsened.

Even though they tried to look positive for their fans, they were personally struggling with their own problems.

Jimin continued not to eat and sleep, the change very apparent to everyone.  He doesn’t smile as much, unless he’s doing a schedule.  He rarely jokes with s anymore.  The cheerful Jimin isn’t cheerful anymore.  He spends all of his free time with Ann at the hospital, talking and telling her everything that she’s been missing.

 

 

Things seem to have gotten a little better at the Royalty dorm.  Though one could still sense the melancholy mood, the members have tried their best to keep each other in line.  Hyun and Rose are now good, as Hyun apologized and they both talked it out.  Jeong has been more open about his emotions and tries not to carry everything on his shoulders.

One member, however, has been acting strange.

 

Scynthia has been visiting Ann as much as Jimin has.  She seems normal, considering everything that’s happened.  However, she acts very strange towards one person.  Her boyfriend, Hoseok.

 

 

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

“Hey there Panda,” I say to Ann as I set my bag down before taking the seat beside her bed.

“Goodness. I’m surprised Jimin went home, though I know he’ll be back. He told me he’s just going to shower and grab something to eat, which I know is a complete lie. I swear, if you were to see how he looks right now, you’d probably yell at him nonstop for not taking care of himself.

Anyways, enough about him, you’re probably tired of listening to him yapping, huh?  To be honest Panda, I came here to talk. Well, of course I came here to talk to you,” I say before chuckling.

“I guess I really need someone to tell this to. I feel really bad for not telling him this, but I just can’t. I wish you were awake to give me some advice because I could really use it right now.

I don’t know when I started doing it, but I’ve sorta been avoiding Hoseok. Lately, that night has been reoccurring in my head. It’s not to the point where I’m having nightmares or anything, it’s just whenever I see Hoseok, I feel ashamed. I feel dirty and used. In a way, I kind of feel scared, too.

I’m not scared of Hoseok, don’t get me wrong. He hasn’t hurt me or anything and I completely trust him. It’s like whenever he tries to kiss me or do anything intimate, h-he just pops up in my head.”  I put Ann’s hand in mine.

“I feel like I’m not worthy anymore, you know? I feel like he doesn’t see me the same anymore. It’s like that bastard is ing with my head and it’s freaking me out and I just don’t know what to do. And I think he’s starting to notice how I’ve been ignoring his calls and texts. Every time he comes to the dorm, I pretend I’m sleep or just hide in the bathroom until he’s gone. I know, that sounds really crazy and weird but I just can’t help it.

It really pisses me off that he’s doing this to me. I’m afraid to let my own boyfriend kiss me for s sakes. He can’t even hold my hand without me flinching and it’s driving me insane. Hoseok probably thinks I don’t love him anymore or something but I just can’t talk to him about this. I feel too embarrassed and ashamed. It’s like that bastard took something away from me, you know? I don’t know why I’m feeling like this. That er only kissed but I don’t know why it’s affecting me this much. I feel like I don’t deserve Hoseok anymore.

Ann, tell me what to do. Wake me up and tell me what to do. I really need my best friend right now. Ann, why won’t you ing wake up? You’re supposed to be here doing this with me. We’re supposed to be here having fun together. We’ve been friends for too long for you to just leave me like this.”  I wipe the tears away I didn’t know were falling from my eyes.

“See Ann. You got me ing crying again. You’re doing this to me, you know.

You know, I can’t help but remember when we first met. I was in the gym for volleyball practice and I think you were getting soccer balls out or something. I don’t remember. But anyways, I was serving but instead of the ball going over the net, it hit you square in the head. Bounced right off, too,” I say as I laugh at the memory.

“You just stared at me all confused when I came up to you and asked if you were alright. You told me it was okay and started to walk away. That was until I noticed you wearing your Wonder Girls shirt and I asked if you liked kpop. Instant friends from there.

We were practically stuck to each other like glue. You were there for me when my grandmother died. I remember becoming numb after her death and people at school started avoiding me. Not you, though. You stayed by my side, even when I was pushing you away. You stayed, even when I finally broke down, you stayed with me. You were there for me whenever I had those big arguments with my mom. You supported me when I told you I wanted to become a chef and pushed me to do it, even though I think you just wanted me to cook for you. You were there for my first break-up. You let me cry it all out. You didn’t ask me any questions or anything. You just waited me out. I remember when I finally stopped balling, instead of asking me all those annoying questions about what happened, you grabbed some snacks and put my favorite movie in. God, I can’t believe I ever dated that guy. I can’t believe I let him make me think I wasn’t good enough. Tch, that er.

You’ve been there for me even when you were having problems of your own.  And now, I need you again.  I need you to wake the up and be here for me. I need you by my side. I can’t do this by myself. I need my sidekick back. I need my best friend who eats anything in sight back. I need my best friend who’s an amazing dancer back.

I need you to help me with this problem I’m having because I don’t know what the to do anymore. Please, Ann. I know I’m sounding selfish as , but wake up and help me. I need you to tell me that everything will be alright. I need a sign from you that you’re still here with me and that you’re not going anywhere. Please,” I say in between my hard cries.

“I can’t do this alone.” 

I completely break down as I lay my head on her bed.  “You can’t just leave me like this. You’d be the worst best friend if you did.”

I continue to cry, not caring how I’m getting her blanket and sheets wet.  All of a sudden, I felt a pressure around my hand, making my head pop up.

“Ann? Can you hear me? I felt that. Ann! I know you’re there. You just squeezed my hand. Can you do it again?”

A few seconds passed with nothing, making me sigh.  A moment later, however, she squeezed my hand again.

“Ann! Wait, I need the doctor,” I say as I run out of the room, trying to find a doctor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So you said she squeezed your hand?” the doctor asks as he examines Ann, checking her eyes.

“Yes, sir. She squeezed my hand twice. That’s a good sign right? That means she’ll wake up soon right?”

Well, there’s no signs any changes. Sometimes comatose patients have irregular body reflexes that may seem like they’re doing it themselves. However, it could be voluntary muscle movements. We’ll just have to wait and see. It could still go either way,” the doctor says.

Either way?  No.  She definitely squeezed my hand on her own.  I just know it.  She was listening all along.  I just believe it.

“Okay. Thank you doctor,” I say and he nods before leaving.

I look back down at Ann.  “I know what you did. You just gave me a lot of hope. I know you’re not done kicking yet. I’ll be waiting for you to wake back up panda.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I couldn’t believe what Scynthia told me on the way out.  This must be a good sign, right? 

“Hey, you,” I say as I take my usual spot.

“I heard what you did today. This is good news. Scyn must have said something to affect you, huh?”

Well, I just came back from the dorm. I have to say, I feel better after the shower. Jin hyung practically forced me to eat or he wouldn’t have let me come back here.

I don’t know what it is, but it’s like you’re my energy. Before you came into my life, I was happy with what I was doing. I get to do what I love for a living, have awesome members, and pretty amazing fans. I thought life was complete. Then you popped into my life out of no where.

I still remember how I used to tease you when we first met. It was pretty fun getting you all flustered and annoyed.

Anyways, now, it’s like I have a new part of my life. I’m not only excited to perform or see fans but I’m also excited to see you when I wake up. Whether it’s walking to your guys’ dorm or just hearing your voice over the phone, I’m just excited to get some part of you. Ah, I don’t know if that came out right.

I guess what I mean to say is, uhg. I don’t even know. It’s like you’re my muse. You came into my life and you inspire me to be a better me. You give me another reason to wake up in the morning. You’ve become a part of my life and I’m very grateful for that. And I hope we can continue to learn more about each other, hopefully as we’re together.

That doesn’t mean I’m in a rush or anything to get together. I don’t want to rush you. We can take as long as you want.

Ah, what am I saying. You might not even accept me. You could just flat out reject me. Aish, I don’t want to think of that. I think my heart would break if that happened.

Anyways, I know how you’re probably expecting me to sing to you again but manage says I have to save my voice. Apparently it’s not as strong as it could be. I guess that’s what I get for not really taking care of myself. Yeah, yeah. You’re gonna yell at me when you wake up and find out what I’ve been doing. But you know what? I look forward to you telling me I should have been taking better of myself. I can’t wait until that happens.

Oh yeah, back to the singing thing. Since I can’t sing to you tonight, I brought my iPod and made a playlist of your favorite songs. It’s probably better than listening to me talk your ears off.”

I take my iPod out of my pocket and plug the earphones in.  I stick one into my ear and the other one into hers.

I press the shuffle button. I smile at the first song that begins playing. It’s the song she used for her on the spot audition.

I then link her hand with mine and lay my head on her bed.  I just stare at her as the song continues to play.  I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier by the second.  The next thing I know, I drift off to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hear this loud noise.  Uhg, it’s too early in the morning for this.  Suddenly, I felt someone squeezing my hand.

Five more minutes, hyung,” I say as I try to get comfortable again.

It then gets quiet again and I start to fall back to sleep, until I hear someone. . .coughing?

I groan as I lift my head up.  Man, bad idea to sleep like that.  I rub my eyes but I still hear someone coughing.

I open my eyes to realize that I’m still in Ann’s hospital room.  I scan the room, thinking someone else is in here, until my eyes fall on Ann.

“Ann? OH MY GOD ANN!”

Before I knew it, I was pushed out of the room as it was filled with doctors and nurses.

Tears began forming in my eyes as I stare into the little window of the door.

“A-Ann. . .”

 

 

 

 

 

 

:(((((((((((

 

I hope you guys enjoyed it!

 

As you may or may not know, this story will be ending soon! D:.  I'd say maybe 2-3 more chapters are left :(.  Can't believe it's almost over.  Ottoke!

 

Shoutout to juju_26 for subscribing!!  Thanks and I hope you continue to enjoy the story!!

 

 

 

PEACE :D