Chapter 61

Caged and Guarded

As Hyejin had told Hyunsoo, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook: they would all definitely find out the next day, what Hyejin had been up to these past few days.

Hyunsoo had a bad feeling in her stomach throughout the day at school the next morning. She kept glancing around at Hyejin, whenever she was in her class, and then at Jungkook. What could it possibly be? How bad was it? Would it affect her and Jungkook’s relationship? Would it break them apart? She hoped not… whatever it was… she did like Jungkook a lot…

Hyunsoo shut her eyes and opened them again. For some reason, her eyes were very tired today. All she wanted to do was go to sleep until after Hyejin was finished with her attention seeking drama that she was prepared to unleash.

It was close to the end of the day, Hyunsoo was sitting in her seat waiting for something to happen. The homeroom teacher had already left and Hyejin had stood up. Everyone else in the class were packing up to leave, but they couldn’t have missed the tension between Hyejin and Jungkook. No one was going to leave the classroom any time soon, not until they found out what juicy drama they would witness today.

Hyunsoo looked at her boyfriend. She wondered whether this situation would change anything between her and Jungkook. Hyunsoo caught Jimin’s eye and looked at him. She wondered whether they really had a chance of stopping this last night, whatever Hyejin had, to save Jungkook.

“I know everyone here probably already knows I have something important to say,” Hyejin started, smirking at Hyunsoo, “My grandmother is really good friends with Jungkook’s grandmother, so I had a chance to visit Jungkook’s little house.”

Everyone turned to look at Jungkook, even Hyunsoo. It was so automatic; she was surprised at herself for doing so. Jungkook’s expression was so emotionless, Hyunsoo wondered whether he knew what Hyejin had to say about him.

“Jungkook is such a popular guy at school, and I’m sure we all remember his weekly girls?” Some people were whispering now. Hyejin continued talking, “Joy in particular…”

Hyunsoo’s eyes widened and Jimin stood up in astonishment. Jungkook was staring at Hyejin, as if he couldn’t believe this was happening. Hyunsoo looked from Jungkook to Hyejin, and back.

Hyejin, however, didn’t care for any reactions just yet. She wasn’t done. “While I was visiting Jungkook’s grandmother these past few days, I had a chance to look around the house.”

“You little sneak!” Jimin shouted, pointing a finger at her angrily.

There was more whispering, getting slightly louder. Hyejin hushed everyone and continued again. “I’m not done just yet. I still haven’t mentioned what I found in his room. Yes, call me a sneak,” she threw a dirty look at Jimin, “Or whatever you want, but what I found is worth telling you all, because he has a girlfriend. If he didn’t have Hyunsoo, I wouldn’t care.”

Everyone was now looking at Hyunsoo, who started feeling her face heat up. Jungkook glanced at Hyunsoo quickly, but turned his face away before she could catch his expression. Jimin looked beyond furious. He wasn’t having any of this. He was the only one standing and calling Hyejin names under his breath, but audible for almost everyone.

“I’ll even show you what I found,” Hyejin said, smirking and taking a plastic bag out of her backpack.

Every single person in the class leaned forward, as if they would miss it if they weren’t careful.

Hyejin pulled something black out of the plastic bag. At first, Hyunsoo thought it was a piece of string, but she looked closer and realised… it was much worse than just string. It was a bra along with a thong, which Hyejin had pulled right after he string looking bra.

Almost immediately, everyone started talking loudly. Jimin was in such a shock, he sat back down with his mouth open. Hyunsoo looked around at everyone else but Jungkook, she didn’t want to see the look on his face just yet. Unfortunately, her eyes kept wandering back on Jungkook, and once she looked in his direction, Jungkook had finally caught her eye. His face was just as much in shock as Jimin’s was, but all Hyunsoo was trying to look for in his face was an explanation.

“That’s not all! There’s one last thing I forgot to mention!” Hyejin shouted over everyone’s chatter. “This is not just anyone’s. This belongs to Joy!”

Hyunsoo whipped her head around to find Joy’s face. She was sitting on her seat, doing nothing but staring ahead at Hyejin. People around her started questioning Joy whether this was true or not.

Jimin was standing on his chair this time. “Prove it!”

Hyejin smiled. “Joy?”

Everyone’s eyes were on Joy. “Uhm, Jungkook? You forgot to return these to me…”

The room burst into chatter once again.

The last thing Hyunsoo remembered from then was Jungkook’s apologetic face when they looked at one another.

 

Hyunsoo? Are you awake? I think we should talk…

-Jimin

Yeah.

-Hyunsoo

 

Hyunsoo put her phone down and went to open her bedroom window. They had a lot to talk about…