Chapter 59

Caged and Guarded

Hyunsoo’s worries didn’t subside the next morning when she walked into her first lesson with Jimin to find that Sohee was already there talking to Jungkook.

Hyunsoo growled. “We have to get her together with someone else.”

“And by someone you mean Jinyoung,” Jimin stated.

“Let’s name it the SJ mission.”

Jimin stared at Hyunsoo, before sitting down on his desk. He looked at Hyunsoo and smiled. This time last year she must have been a completely different person.

Hyunsoo went right up to Jungkook and waited for him to say something first. Sohee hadn’t noticed Hyunsoo come in at all, so was surprised when Jungkook was walking closer towards her… no, he was going towards Hyunsoo who was standing right behind her.

They hugged and said their ‘hello’ as Sohee waited for them to finish. Instead, the teacher had come in and told everyone to go to their own seats for the lesson to begin.

Sohee glanced at Hyunsoo, clearly annoyed, and trudged back to her seat. Hyunsoo smiled mischievously at Jimin, who was looking back and laughing while shaking his head, as if to say ‘That was unbelievably funny’.

 

It happened when Hyunsoo was walking to her next lesson with Jimin again. They were passing by the trio TTS and Hyejin to go into the classroom. It happened so quick that Hyunsoo wasn’t sure she heard right, but she caught the words ‘Jungkook’ and ‘house’, which was enough to know what they were talking about.

Luckily, the girls hadn’t noticed Hyunsoo and Jimin pass by at all, so Hyunsoo grabbed Jimin’s arm and swiftly turned a corner to hide and listen in to the conversation.

“I’m still going to look around a bit more, but I think I found something worth using,” Hyejin said, looking at the three girls in front of her.

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun were listening so intently at everything Hyejin was saying, as if their lives depended on whatever Hyejin said to them.

“Do you think it will work though?” Tiffany asked.

“Of course it will! It’s so good, even you’ll be surprised once you see the trouble I’m creating for Jungkook.”

They laughed. Jimin tensed and Hyunsoo clenched her teeth. Whatever they were planning was going to cause trouble for Jungkook.

Jimin pulled Hyunsoo away quietly and they fled into their classroom.

“We have to find out what she has to use against Jungkook,” Jimin said quietly as soon as they sat down next to each other in their seats.

“Why is everything happening at once and with Jungkook?” Hyunsoo was starting to feel small compared to Hyejin and her confidence in whatever she was planning.

“I hate to say it, but this is because Jungkook is a popular guy here… it’s kind of expected that people get jealous, cause trouble and, uh, try to steal him.”

“We need to do something about both Sohee and Hyejin,” Hyunsoo whispered. The four girls had come in now, followed by the teacher who was now starting the lesson. “I think we need to talk to Jinyoung as soon as possible. At least one problem will be out of the way.”

“It’s not so easy making people fall in love though,” Jimin whispered back.

“Well we can start trying, and then we need to try and find out what Hyejin is up to.”

Jimin suddenly turned his body to face Hyunsoo and widened his eyes. “I just thought of the craziest idea.”

 

“This is not what I thought we’d be doing,” Hyunsoo complained, as she lifted a leg up and out onto the platform outside her window.

Jimin was already standing outside, helping Hyunsoo get out. “I told you it was crazy. We need to make sure she doesn’t see us though. If she does, she could change her plan and do something worse. We need to stop this all before Hyejin realising.”

“I know, I know. I’m prepared,” Hyunsoo said, with a hint of proudness. She was wearing all black, with a cap and boots. Hyunsoo looked as if she was ready to jump into the spy kids movie.

“Very nice,” Jimin said, “Now, let’s go quickly. Hyejin is already in the house.”

“You know this is actually a little excited. I’ve never done this before.”

“Really? That’s surprising. It’s such a common hobby for kids these days.”

Hyunsoo looked at Jimin. “Are you being sarcastic?”

“No,” Jimin smiled and helped Hyunsoo jump down to the fence and onto the ground level driveway in front of Hyunsoo’s house.

In silence, Hyunsoo and Jimin crouched down and ran to Jungkook’s house, all the way up to the front porch. It was dark, and according to the last text message between Hyunsoo and Jungkook, he was in his room, while Hyejin and her grandma were in the living room with Jungkook’s grandma.

“How do we get in?” Jimin muttered to himself.

Hyunsoo heard and gasped. “Wait, we’re breaking in!?”

Jimin looked at her. “What did you think we were going to do?”

They had to whisper really quietly as they crouched as low as they could in front of the front door.

Hyunsoo replied, “I don’t know to be honest, I just didn’t think we’d have to go all the way into the house.”

“We have to find whatever Hyejin had against Jungkook. She must have found it inside Jungkook’s house…”

“Wait, Jimin! Let’s go around the back. I think I heard someone!”

Jimin nodded and they crept around the house and entered through the alleyway gate into the back garden.

“I feel like I’m in a movie,” Hyunsoo whispered to herself.

Jimin held in a giggle, and then looked up. Jungkook’s bedroom lights were on, so he must be in his room.

“Should we tell Jungkook about this?” Hyunsoo asked, “I feel guilty somehow…”

“No! What if he gets the wrong idea and, I don’t know… gets angry?”

“I’m just a bit scared.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll be done quick. I hope.”

The last bit didn’t make Hyunsoo feel any better. She looked up at Jungkook’s window and hoped he wouldn’t look out. Or did she want him to find them?

I didn’t matter a few minutes after. Jimin and Hyunsoo were still trying to figure out what to do next, when suddenly a voice spoke behind them.

“Boo.”