Chapter 13

Caged and Guarded

"Alright everyone, we have planned a very special trip coming soon! The details are on these," the teacher was saying, holding up forms to be filled.

Everyone immediately broke into their conversations of the trip. It became so loud suddenly.

"Finally. We can't wait," Donghae and Lay said together.

Wendy looked at them and said, "Don't talk at the same time! I find it so creepy... twins." She rolled her eyes at the last word.

"This is nothing special," said a cold voice next to Hyunsoo, who decided to ignore him.

She was very excited, as she had never been camping before. She couldn't wait, though she was nervous about who she would be sharing a tent with.

"Urgh, I hate camping." Seohyun looked to her side at Tiffany.

"Me too. Urgh, the bugs..." Tiffany made a disgusted face.

"Shut up, don't you see? This is the perfect opportunity," said the girl next to Tiffany.

Her name was Kim Hyejin, and appeared to be the queen bee of Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun, also known to be the gang TTS in the school. TTS had been together since middle school, though it wasn't until recently that Hyejin became their queen bee and head of most school gangs. Everyone already feared her and no one dared cross her path.

"We'll just have to do it without Taeyeon, since she's not part of this homeroom class trip."

Seohyun and Tiffany widened their eyes and nodded in response.

In front of them, Heechul started screaming, "YUSS! I'VE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THESE CAMPING TRIPS!"

"YOU AND ME BOTH!!" Eunhyuk and Heechul high fived above Seulgi's head.

"Those clowns..." growled Jimin, staring at Seulgi.

"Don't worry," laughed Jinyoung, "We're having a seating plan change after the trip. I heard the teachers when I was at the office."

This piked up everyone's attention around him.

"Seriously?" Chanyeol turned around, "But I like my seat... Ryeowook, we might not be together anymore!"

"Finally," muttered Ryeowook.

Next to Chanyeol on the other side, Irene rolled her eyes and said, "Why are we changing so early though? Seatings usually change at the end of term."

"Wait what?" Baekhyun joined in.

Next to him, Chen said, "It's probably because of the troublemakers in this class."

Everyone nodded, looking at Jungkook and Hoseok mostly. They were the only ones who didn't look as thrilled as the rest of the class. Hoseok was slumped back in his chair, and Jungkook was looking annoyingly at the happy people around him.

Joy, who was seated next to Hyunsoo, kept glancing at Jungkook every now and then. She wasn't joining in with everyone else, nor did she look dissapointed in any way about the trip.

At the end, the bell finally rang and everyone grabbed their bags ready to leave. It happened when Hyunsoo was on her way to the girls' bathroom, when she was suddenly stopped... by a tall senior.

"Hey, come back." Those simple words sent Hyunsoo's heart racing up to 100m/h.

"Yes?" She replied timidly, avoiding her senior's gaze.

It was a girl, probably in her last year. She had a boyish haircut and was wearing jogging bottoms under her skirt.

She looked down into Hyunsoo's eyes. It was so intimidating. "You don't know why you're called? Forgotten to respect your seniors?"

"No, I-" This was the first time she was called by a senior like this. Hyunsoo started to panic, trying to find a way out of this situation.

"I'll teach you some manners now. Firstly, bow down, and from your waist. I don't want you nodding down at me."

Hyunsoo was so scared, she immediately bowed from her waist until all she could see was the senior's shoes and the floor.

"Now go down to the floor."

"What?"

"Are you questioning me?"

But the word hadn't come out of Hyunsoo's mouth. She stood up straight and turned around to find Jungkook walking towards her.

"Who're you?" Asked the senior.

"Come on Hyunsoo." And without a look or anything to the senior, he grabbed Hyunsoo's arm, and fled the scene with her.