Chapter 16

Caged and Guarded

"Go inside to the office, it's right there." Minhyuk pointed at the back of the shop.

The door was already open, so Hyunsoo walked through and sat down on the chair at the side, waiting for the boss that the others talked about.

"AAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!" Lee Sooman screamed, running down the stairs and into the office from a different door.

Hyunsoo looked at him in shock, just as he did the same to her.

"Who are you?" He stared, looking a little intimidating, and crazy. 

"Uh, I'm Kim Hyunsoo. I applied-"

He let out a deep relieved sigh, "Finally we found someone. Wait here, the boss will come soon."

"Oh you're..."

"No, I'm Lee Sooman, the assistant manager. I have to go now though, it's already late... we're supposed to open up now..." and he dashed away to see Jiyong and Minhyuk.

At the same time, someone came through the front of the shop, saying hello to everyone and coming to the back office where Hyunsoo was sat. She stood up quickly to greet him when he saw her.

"Hello, I'm Kim Hyunsoo, the new shop assistant." Hyunsoo smiled brightly.

"I'm the boss's brother, Yang Hyunsuk." In return, he looked at Hyunsoo coldly, before turning away and walking upstairs where Sooman had come from.

Hyunsoo sat down again. He was the first to have scared her slightly. There were so many people here, and nearly all of them were relieved that they had another person to work with. It was suprising, but at least they were welcoming.

"Where is she?" An unknown voice yelled.

Hyunsoo stood up again and looked around, only to find Jiyong guiding someone who didn't look like Hyunsuk's brother.

"Finally! I love new people! New faces! How are you?" Without letting her answer, he continued in an excited voice, "I'm Park Jinyoung, the big boss! Call me JYP, I'm trying to make my name really stand out." He winked, "Now, don't feel nervous. We're all nice here... except my brother... anyway, Minhyuk and Jiyong will be working with you. Sooman can help you with most questions you will have and he will also be giving you most of the tasks around the shop."

"Hey boss!" Jiyong said beside him.

"Go away, back to work. Your face is old now." JYP looked away from Jiyong and fixed his gaze on Hyunsoo.

Everyone except Jiyong laughed.

Later, Hyunsoo started working for most of the morning and the afternoon. It was a whole new experience... dealing with many people at once. They had put Hyunsoo behind the counter on the first day. It was scary at first, especially when loud kind of people walked in, but afterwards it started getting better. It was 3pm when Sooman and JYP gave Hyunsoo her share of the payment and let her go home.

The journey back home felt shorter than the journey to work - maybe because she was nervous going to work - but she was glad she got back quickly... otherwise, she would have missed what she saw completely.

Walking out of Jungkook's house, was no other than, Jinyoung.

 

~ 3 hours earlier ~

 

Jinyoung was walking around his neighbourhood aimlessly. He wanted to get away from the house and breathe the fresh air outside. His reason for being so absentminded was a specific someone that he really wanted to see, wanted to talk to. He didn't know where to go and if he found her, what he would say. He hadn't known her for long, but there was something about her...

"What are you doing here?" Said a cold voice behind Jinyoung.

He turned around and found Jungkook facing him. There was an old woman standing behind Jungkook, walking closer to them.

"Do you know this young man, Jungkook? Is he a friend?" Said the old woman.

Jungkook didn't answer. It became a little awkward.

"Uhm, I should go..." Jinyoung turned to leave, but was stopped when the woman spoke again.

"Are you his classmate? Come have dinner with us. You're here all by yourself."

Jinyoung looked at Jungkook, not knowing what to say.

"No grandma," Jungkook finally answered, "He's-"

But she didn't listen and already turned to go inside, "Come on now!"

Jungkook and Jinyoung looked at each other awkwardly, then followed her inside.

The house appeared to have no signs of a family living there, other than Jungkook and his grandma. Was it just them together?