Chapter 57

Caged and Guarded

The homeroom teacher, for some weird reason, decided not to come into school on a day where all the students had to receive their groups for each of their projects. Luckily, there was not only a registration sheet left at the front of the classroom, but also a sheet of paper showing all the students allocated to a group with a project title.

Everyone was scrambling to quickly sign themselves in for the homeroom registration, and then move on to checking which groups they were in. Most people were unhappy with their partners, whereas some were satisfied.

Hyunsoo was trying to push past some people to be able to see where her own name would be.

“Ouch!” Jinyoung muttered, turning around to find Hyunsoo right behind him.

“Oh, I’m so sorry Jinyoung!” Hyunsoo said, looking apologetic.

“No, it’s fine,” Jinyoung said why a forced smile, “I guess I won’t be seeing you during the project meetings.”

“We won’t?”

“We’re not in the same groups.”

“Oh.”

Jinyoung nodded and moved away before more people pushed him. Hyunsoo went to the sheet and read through the groups, looking for her name.

 

Group A:

Jinyoung

Namjoon

Seulgi

Taehyung

 

Group B:

Hyejin

Joy

Heechul

Jimin

 

Group C:

Hoseok

Sohee

Jungkook

Hyunsoo

 

Hyunsoo stared at her name for a while, before she was pulled back by an annoyed Jimin.

“Seulgi is not in my group!”

Hyunsoo started patting his back. “It’s okay… you see her other times, and anyway these projects are for school work.”

“Yeah, but you’re in Jungkook’s group.”

“With Sohee.”

Jimin’s eyes widened. “Gurl! No way!”

“Yes,” Hyunsoo said sadly.

“Hey, don’t think about it too much. You should know well how Jungkook likes you and not Sohee. He chose you out of all the girls.” Jimin was smiling at Hyunsoo. “Come on, you were much more quiet and shy before, and he chose you!”

Hyunsoo laughed a little. “Wow, thanks Jimin.”

He winked mockingly and laughed along. “Anytime.”

Someone just a few feet away started talking excitedly and said, “Have you heard about Sohee and Jungkook?”

Hyunsoo’s and Jimin’s head whipped around at the direction they heard the voice from. It was Wendy talking to Seulgi.

Seulgi answered, “No, why?”

“Well, apparently Sohee was just walking to her lesson today when she ran into Jungkook randomly.”

“Jungkook? They’re in the same lesson?”

“Yeah, for third period. They walked to their lesson together, and then Jungkook must have said something really nice because Sohee went red!”

“Wait, wasn’t there a rumour that Sohee likes Jungkook?”

“Exactly!” Wendy exclaimed, “Jungkook smiled at her and was so sweet before going to his desk, and Sohee was blushing!”

“This doesn’t make sense though! Jungkook is with Hyunsoo, isn’t he?”

“Yeah, but drama happens! And this must be one to them. I don’t know, maybe something happened between Jungkook and Hyunsoo.”

Hyunsoo and Jimin were still staring at Wendy and Seulgi, but they didn’t notice.

“Umm, I’ll talk to Seulgi about it,” Jimin said slowly.

“No,” said Hyunsoo, “We need to do more than that. Jimin, I think we need to take action against Sohee now.”

“Action? What do you mean?”

Hyunsoo ignored his question and went on. “Otherwise these rumours will keep spreading and, people will think I’m just one of those weekly girls!”

“Calm down Hyunsoo! That won’t happen. Just, tell me what you have in mind.” Jimin was starting to look worried.

“We need to set Sohee up with someone else…” Hyunsoo started.

Jimin suddenly knew straightaway what Hyunsoo meant. He remembered Jinyoung’s words… how he likes Sohee now.

“Hyunsoo… that’s not such an easy thing…”

“We need to find Jinyoung and talk to him.”