Chapter 54

Caged and Guarded

Yes, I'm back. :D

Sorry for such a long wait, but now that I'm done with my work, I can come back here!

I really hope you all enjoy this chapter and that I haven't forgotten how to write (not that I was great to begin with)

Thank you to everyone who stayed with me all this time <3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Hyunsoo, Jungkook and Sohee, along with her family, came out of the ride, Hyunsoo quickly grabbed Jungkook’s hand and pulled him to the side.

“Why do you look so happy?”

Jungkook genuinely looked surprised. “Because… I’m with you?”

“What?”

“I don’t know, is that what you girls like to hear?”

Hyunsoo rolled her eyes, but couldn’t help supressing a smile. “That’s not what I meant.”

“Well, what do you mean then?”

Hyunsoo thought for a moment. Maybe she shouldn’t tell Jungkook what was really going on in her head… what she was really going to start saying…

 

“Go on Jungkook, just go to Sohee already!”

Jungkook drops to his knees dramatically. “No! I cannot! I am with you here today, and you’re here with me. I can’t leave you! I don’t want to. I won’t!”

“Please, Jungkook, don’t make this any harder than it already is! Sohee is there, waiting for you, so go to her and leave me be!”

“How can I do that, when the one I love is standing right in front of me.”

Hyunsoo gasps. “Jungkook, you… don’t do this to me…”

“Don’t do what?” Jungkook stands and steps closer to Hyunsoo.

She starts to breathe heavily. “Jungkook, you don’t have to force yourself… I know Sohee likes you, and you probably like her too…”

“I don’t love or care about anyone other than you,” Jungkook says, as he grabs Hyunsoo’s hands.

“Jungkook…”

“Hyunsoo…”

 

“Juuungkoooooooooook!” Sohee yelled suddenly, jumping out of nowhere and interrupting Hyunsoo’s fantasising thoughts.

Hyunsoo’s expression immediately turned slightly grumpy, although she was trying to hide it.

“Oh hey,” Jungkook said a little unenthusiastically, which made Hyunsoo happy.

“Shall we go on some other rides together as well? My family said I can stay with my friend.”

Hyunsoo noted the word ‘friend’ and let out a half huff half smirk (smirking is contagious). “Sorry, but we’re on a date. You friends can spend some other time together,” she said emotionlessly, putting emphasis on the word ‘friends’.

Sohee turned to Hyunsoo with a look of realisation. “Oh, hey, didn’t notice you there.”

Hyunsoo’s mouth fell open. Jungkook widened his eyes and quickly put an arm around Hyunsoo’s shoulder – to Sohee’s disappointed.

“Hyunsoo is with me today,” said Jungkook coolly, “Like she said, we’re on a date. Sorry.”

Sohee looked taken aback, but she remained composed and smiled, nodding. “Let’s stay together for just a few rides?”

“Oh, sure that’s not a big deal really…” Jungkook started, but then noticed Hyunsoo shaking her head wildly behind Sohee. “Uh…”

Sohee added then, “I just thought I’d be nice to spend some time with people I don’t usually talk to… I’m sorry, I just don’t have many friends at school…”

“No, it’s fine! You can stay with us.” Jungkook smiled and avoided Hyunsoo’s death glare at him.

“Really? Oh, thanks Jungkook!” Sohee smiled brightly and turned to Hyunsoo. “Hope you don’t mind.”

Hyunsoo her fakest smile and displayed it for a few seconds before glaring at Jungkook again. As Sohee walked ahead to show them which ride should be next, Jungkook started snickering at Hyunsoo.

“What’s so funny? That we have a third wheel now to deal with?”

Jungkook shock his head. “No, I’m just remembering how shy you used to be before, and now look at you acting all jealous of Sohee.”

Hyunsoo stopped and let his words sink in. He was right. She had never acted like this before. Why was she so jealous? Was Sohee certainly a competition she had to deal with, or did she not even have to bother with her getting in the way? Jungkook seemed too dense at this moment to even realise the rivalry they had between them, even if he did notice the jealousy burning within Hyunsoo.

“It’s okay,” Jungkook continued, “I kind of like this jealous girlfriend act.” He winked and took Hyunsoo’s arm to start dragging her to the next ride, where Sohee was already headed in front of them.

 

“I hate you,” Hyunsoo repeated for the nth time, as she stood in the queue for the highest rollercoaster in the amusement park.

“You’d hate me more if I was outside this queue. At least I decided to go on it with you.” Jungkook nodded towards the drop.

Some people had just gone down, and the screams were deafening.

“Look on the bright side, we have an hour’s worth of time to spend without Sohee!” Jungkook grinned.

At that, Hyunsoo finally decided to release her own grin. “True, true. She can go back to her family. We were fine before she came.”

“I have a question about this though… where is this sudden hate coming from?”

“You haven’t heard the rumours?”

“Sohee liking me?”

Hyunsoo let out a small gasp. “You do know!”

“Of course I know! I’m not going to suddenly become all oblivious to what people are saying.”

“Ok fine, but doesn’t that make you… I don’t know, feel anything? Towards Sohee, I mean.” Hyunsoo had her eyes wide open looking up at Jungkook and waiting for his answer.

“No, because I already have someone beside me now.”

Hyunsoo blushed, but looked away as she did so to hide her face. “Good, you better not develop any feelings for her either.”

Jungkook laughed. “Ah, my shy and cute girlfriend turned out to really be a fierce one instead!”

Hyunsoo looked at him, giving him a ‘really?’ look. Jungkook continued to laugh, and soon they were both laughing together.