Chapter 5

Caged and Guarded

Jungkook was fuming. “I did nothing wrong, you peasant.”

“Who you calling a peasant?!” Jinyoung pushed Jungkook back, who hit the whiteboard behind him.

As soon as Jungkook regained his balance, he lost it again when Jinyoung pushed him again from the side.

“Wonder what my crime was, to be deserving your existence in my life…” Jungkook half scoffed and half hissed, lashing forwards, this time aiming for Jinyoung’s face.

Jinyoung, after being punched horribly in the face, aimed back for Jungkook’s face and managed to get him right on the nose. Jungkook stumbled backwards and fell down before standing back up again holding his nose.

“Jinyoung! Jungkook! I want you both out of this classroom now!” yelled the teacher furiously.

Both gave a snarl to the teacher and went back to punching each other. Then, yanking them both by their collars, the teacher dragged them both outside. The whole class was shocked into silence.

They were bound to get a seriously big punishment for all that just happened. The tension had not left the room. Everyone in the class had begun to stare at Hyunsoo, Joy and the two girls Sana and Sowon. It made Hyunsoo feel extremely uncomfortable, though Joy was enjoying the attention. She even took out a compact mirror from her bag and began looking at herself, while brushing her long black hair.

The teacher returned red in the face 10 minutes before the bell was going to go for the next lesson. He looked at his class confused, as if wondering why they were still there. He then dismissed them early to give himself time to calm down from what had happened.

The rest of the day went by awkwardly for Hyunsoo, and probably great for Joy. She loved the fact that news had gotten around the whole school. Everyone knew what had happened that morning and everyone knew Hyunsoo was the one who spoke and basically fired the start of the aggressive fight between Jungkook and Jinyoung. Jimin tried his best to distract Hyunsoo every time some people suddenly pointed at her. They weren’t saying anything bad (well, except for the people who blamed her for getting Jungkook hurt) about her, but the sudden attention made Hyunsoo want to disappear from school until everyone forgot about all this. She knew they were only gossiping about the fight, though she couldn’t help hearing laughter in her head thinking it was the people pointing at her.

The weirdest part of it all was that even Jungkook himself stared at Hyunsoo during homeroom, when the end of the school day had finally hit them. Feeling self-conscious, she turned towards Jimin for a bright smile, when unexpectedly…

“Hey, Hyunsoo right?”

Hyunsoo looked up to find Jinyoung smiling down at her. “Yeah, hello,” she smiled back at him nervously.

“I just came to check if you’re alright. I’ve seen you all day and you’ve been looking pretty… well, anxious since that incident.”

“You’ve seen me all day?”

“Oh, don’t worry, I wasn’t stalking you,” Jinyoung laughed, “We seem to have shared similar lessons today.”

“Oh, no! I wasn’t thinking that,” Hyunsoo gave a nervous chuckle, “I’m doing alright though, thanks.”

Just then, the teacher asked Jungkook and Jinyoung to leave for their detention, which made Jinyoung pull a funny face and say, “Well, duty calls! Come talk to me more, you seem so nice… and I need more friends.” And with a last smile, he left following the moody Jungkook.

Hyunsoo was surprised at Jinyoung’s sudden friendly call to her and smiled to herself happily. She felt something hit her head lightly, and found that Jimin had thrown a piece of paper at her for attention.

“I need to speak to one of my teachers at the office!” he said wildly. Hyunsoo chuckled and nodded to show she would go with him afterwards.

 

“Did you see the way Jungkook was glaring at you? OMG!”

Jimin was acting pretty sassy that day, Hyunsoo thought whilst laughing at him, and replied, “I’m just going to ignore him. Jinyoung made me feel happier though, he came to ask if I was alright.”

“He’s nice,” Jimin nodded happily.

They were walking together to the teacher’s office. The halls were quite busy, since everyone was trying to get out of school quickly and go home. Though Hyunsoo liked it this way, as no one was paying attention to her anymore.

“There it is!” Jimin knocked on the door to the office and waited.

Hyunsoo started looking around, still trying to familiarise herself with the new school, when suddenly she realised they were right next to the detention room! Looking around to check if anyone was watching her, she peered through the window on the door only to find a rather cheerful Jinyoung waving at her as soon as he saw her face.