Twenty Eight.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Byunghun please stop lying.” After an internal struggle between leaving the boy to continue his wrongdoings and convincing the boy to stop his childish antics, she finally decides to confront Byunghun who sat there, trying to mask his shock and fearful expression with an innocent look.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You can’t lie to me. I can see right through you.” Sohyun rolls her eyes in the most exasperated manner. What exactly is going through Byunghun’s mind? This isn’t like Byunghun at all.

 

The Byunghun she knew was never this scheming, never this selfish. She wanted her best friend back.

 

“Byunghun... Why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you doing this to Chanhee? It’s not fair to him and neither it is to you.” Sohyun takes Byunghun’s hands into her own as she spoke slowly as though trying to explain the theory to a five year old kid.

 

But that was what Sohyun felt Byunghun was like right now, a five year old child that needs a lot of coaxing and patience to talk to.

 

“You don’t understand, he’s leaving to Australia. I can’t live without him.” Byunghun shook his head furiously at the thought of not having Chanhee by his side once he leaves. He had gotten so used to Chanhee being around all the time he couldn’t bear being away from Chanhee. Not even for a full hour.


 

“I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT CHANHEE!” Byunghun yells as he used all his strength to push Sohyun away from him. The girl stumbles over and lands on the floor first.

 

That made Sohyun angry. In fact angry was an understatement she was fuming. Without thinking she swings her palm towards Byunghun’s right cheek before feeling a burning sensation on the inner surface of her palm as the skin screamed an angry red.

 

Byunghun grabs his right cheek in shock, staring at the ground in silence.

 

“Reflect on yourself. You claim that you love Chanhee but you lied to him you betrayed his trust, you wasted his time. Sure you can keep him by your side, but do you think he’ll be happy? If you really love him then why are you denying him of his happiness?”

 

With that Sohyun turns around and leaves the ward in a huff without another word spoken, slamming the door harshly behind her.

 

Byunghun only stares after her disappearing back without a hint of emotion nor expression on his face. Slowly he grunts and moves his legs before plopping himself onto the wheelchair by the side of the bed and wheels himself out of the ward.

 

===

 

Taking a lift up to the rooftop, it took Byunghun some effort to actually get out to the rooftop garden where he sat alone enjoying the light breeze in silence as he thought hard about Sohyun’s words to him. Was he really selfish? All he wanted was to be with the person he loved. Was that a crime?

 

Burying his head in his hands, he sniffled. People always said love is the most beautiful feeling in the world. But why was it so so agonizing for him.

 

Byunghun was snapped out of his deep thoughts when he heard voices from a distance. Quickly wheeling himself behind a wall to stay hidden, he noticed Chanhee and Jonghyun conversing seriously and strained his ears to listen to their conversation.

 

“Byunghun sustained another injury again.”

 

A sigh.

 

“Hyung you’ll be staying in Korea to care for Byunghun right?”

 

A nod.

 

“Thanks for helping me look after my brother Chanhee hyung.”

 

A small smile.

 

“I’m just doing what I can, it pains me to see Byunghun suffering.”

 

A single tear slid down from Byunghun’s almond eyes, followed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter