Seven.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun roughly grabbed at Byunghun’s left arm, carefully inspecting his injury which was bandaged tight under a white gauze that had carmine marks on it tinted slightly with dried blood with a concerned frown marring her pretty face.

 

“Did you get into a gang fight or something?” Sohyun joked even though she clearly knew if that happened pigs would be flying judging from Byunghun’s lovable personality. Who would have the heart to even fight with such an innocent childlike 23 year old.

 

Byunghun rolled his eyes.

 

“Yea and some old gangster who looked like he was at least 80 years old whacked me with his walking stick! Damn he’s stronger than a cow!” He exclaimed sarcastically earning a scoff from Sohyun who was in fact to hold back her laughter from Byunghun’s silly humor.

 

“I fell.” Byunghun concluded flatly as he stuffed both his hands in his pockets and leaned against the side of the cool white tabletop in his office that was filled with more photos of his father and himself encased in photo frames of rainbow colours and some medical books and documents. A Lenovo desktop was settled comfortably atop the table, showing his wallpaper of a little chubby baby wrapped in wool and a yellow duck beanie.

 

Sohyun raised her eyebrow.

 

“Some youngster in a wheelchair got pushed onto the road and nearly got hit by an oncoming car so I rushed forward to pull him back. Who knew that both him and the wheelchair would land on top of me. Turns out he was Doctor Lee’s brother.”

 

“Doctor Lee? I thought he was always that ‘arrogant oh so superior appa’s student’ to you.” Sohyun let out a smirk, scanning Byunghun’s face thoroughly for a reaction which Byunghun gave, a light blush creeping into his cheeks. “You interested in him now eh?” She elbowed him hard, teasing him. Which unfortunately hit his injured spot as he let out a sharp gasp, holding his left arm carefully while glaring at his best friend. Sohyun just let out a sheepish grin, but she had confirmed her suspicions, Lee Byunghun was starting to have the hots for his father’s apprentice Lee Chanhee. This was going to be interesting… But poor Byunghun, Chanhee is going to be such a tough nut to crack.

 

===

 

Chanhee was washing his hands at the sink of the male toilet when he heard children’s laughter and chattering. He frowned at how annoying it was as he grumbled to himself, rubbing his hands together forcefully as the water splashes onto the mirror. Cursing in his head, the cardiologist wondered why he even came all the way to the pediatric department just to relieve himself when there was also a male toilet right in the cardiology department itself. Oh because he might have wanted to catch a glimpse of a certain pediatrician working in this department.

 

As if on cue, Byunghun walks into the toilet, flinging a paper towel in the wastepaper basket placed right at the entrance of the toilet as he steps in. Seeing Chanhee washing his hands in there, he bowed politely without greeting the other, half afraid that Chanhee might just flare up at him again. Maybe for wasting time in the toilet or whatever else who knows what the eccentric cardiologist might be thinking. Ever since he started working at Seoul National Hospital, he has heard countless numbers of horrific stories of Lee Chanhee screaming at the other doctors and throwing his temper at them at their slightest mistakes. Byunghun shuddered at the thought of all the recounts, how can someone so attractive be so scary. Nonetheless Byunghun knew he was still attracted to the said man no matter how strict or cold or unreasonable he can get. But of course he wasn’t going to admit that. Byunghun walks over to the sink right beside where Chanhee has just turned off the tap and started pumping soap onto his hands before rubbing them together and then rinsing the soap off, occasionally sneaking a glance at the other who was wiping his hands dry with a paper towel. As expected, Chanhee coldly ignores Byunghun as the latter pursed his lips at the cardiologist’s rude treatment.

 

An aged cleaner with her back bent over was sweeping the floor right outside the male toilet. As she was leaving, she knocks over a broom that was standing next to the entrance of the toilet and it falls straight in between the handle of the door, locking the toilet shut from the outside and triggering the light switch as it fell causing the entire toilet to go into complete darkness.

 

Chanhee was heading out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter