Nine.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sooo... I realised some of you may have misunderstood that Chanhee is already bring all chummy and nice to Byunghun. But the thing is he still had this ice cold edge to him even when he was visiting Byunghun and bringing him the gift. I have edited the last part of the previous chapter slightly because I realised I wasn't descriptive enough which was probably why some of you misunderstood >.< I'm sorry :(

Well Chanhee can be a very mysterious and eccentric guy so his personality and actions can be pretty hard to grasp at times.*sings Katy Perry's hot and cold*

*Cause you're hot then you're cold, you're yes then you're no*

 

Chunji: byungtokki please stop you sing horribly my mirror just cracked.

 

===

 

Chanhee sat in his office, observing his black beverage brewing in his red coffee maker. He heaved a long slow breath and closed his eyes, swirling his black leather swivel chair around. He couldn’t figure out why he bought the stupid plush for Byunghun and even allowed himself to be friendly with him. Well technically describing his treatment towards Byunghun as friendly was pretty generous but to Chanhee he has already made one big step forward. Maybe this strange son of Andy Lee could just be the key to unlock and undo the tight knot in his heart after all.

 

A knock on the door resounded the room as Chanhee’s eyes snapped open immediately. Seeing Andy at the door, he frowned slightly and hurriedly stood up and dusted his coat before bowing to his mentor offering the latter a seat in the small office.

 

Andy gave Chanhee a warm smile and patted him on his shoulder.

 

“My son has been carrying a certain bunny plush all over the place.” He stated, eyeing Chanhee from the corner of his eye as he pretended to scan the office surroundings.

 

“I just wanted to say thank you. It usually takes him some time to recover whenever that kind of… mmm situation happens. But I think your gift and presence was pretty big comfort for him. So thank you. You are truly the apprentice I’m most proud of.”

 

Chanhee swallows thickly. He could hear so much sincerity and gratitude dripping from Andy’s voice. Lowering his usual arrogant gaze he looks straight into Andy’s pair of onyx black eyes.

 

Seeing that Chanhee probably wouldn’t reply him, Andy gives his apprentice another encouraging pat on his shoulder before leaving the office. He has already gotten use of Chanhee’s cold and eccentric behavior but he knew deep down that his apprentice was a good person. He just knew it the moment he saw that boy waiting for him at the bustling lobby of the hospital. He knew that Chanhee would make him proud.

 

Chanhee stared at Andy’s disappearing back as he closed the door of the office behind him. This father and son duo had sure stirred up his emotions that he once thought were pretty much dead since Wooshin’s accident. It was a fact that Andy had taught him most of the skills he possess today and he definitely owed his current success to his mentor. As for Byunghun, the cheerful pediatrician had taught him to believe that innocence and immaculacy still exists in this world. He taught the cardiologist how to feel with his frozen heart.

 

“Ugh those two give me such a headache.” He groans inwardly, rubbing his temples with the index finger and thumb of both his hands.

 

===

 

Byunghun bounces into the hospital canteen with the bunny plush in his grip as Sohyun watches him with an amused expression from afar. She was holding onto a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice and took a sip of it from the pink straw still not taking her eyes off her best friend who had now stopped right in front of her face.

Shifting her glance from the pediatrician to the bunny plush she grabs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter