ii. Nine

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole living area was silent as everyone just sat awkwardly, avoiding each other’s gazes. The only sounds made was the constant whirring of the standing fan and occasional whining of the Choi’s household puppy that has been sitting on Jonghyun’s lap.

 

“So… Jonghyun sweetie would you like to introduce your friend to them?” Yewon finally decides to break the ice and pats Jonghyun on his right thigh encouragingly.

 

It was the semester vacation period in Australia and Jonghyun had just returned the night before. He had brought his boyfriend along with him to confess to his parents about his new relationship and how he had broken up with Chanhee.

 

“Uh..” Seeing Jonghyun hesitate a little, Ricky stood up and bowed politely to the newcomers.

 

“Anneyeonghasaeyo. My name is Yoo Changhyun but you can call me Ricky. I’m Korean but I was born in Australia and lived my whole life there. I’m Jonghyun’s… classmate.” He ends off with a wide smile that was so contagious Byunghun found himself unconsciously smiling along with Ricky.

 

The boy was very bubbly and polite. Chanhee noted that Ricky had captivating eyes that you could drown into within minutes and his cheeks were naturally flushed and full like they were stuffed with sweet potatoes. All in all, he was extremely lovely be it in terms of his physical appearance or personality wise.

 

“He’s my boyfriend actually.” Jonghyun adds hurriedly, pulling Ricky closer to him the latter blushed a rosy red obviously shy at Jonghyun’s possessive claim.

 

“Yes we all know that.” Chanhee bitterly spat out earning a slight nudge from Byunghun who had a bright smile plastered on his face reflecting the same one Ricky had throughout the whole time.

 

“I’m Byunghun and this is Chanhee! I’m Jonghyun’s older brother and Chanhee is... our friend.” Byunghun chuckles a little nervously. Bring the naive loud mouth he is, he nearly blurted out that Chanhee was Jonghyun’s ex-boyfriend and he was pretty sure if he had mentioned that not only Chanhee would be at his neck but Jonghyun too.

 

“Oh and this is my son Chanhun.” Byunghun took Chanhun into his arms, his smile never leaving his face as he watched Chanhun bow politely and greet everyone, glowing with pride.

 

A surprised frown made its way towards Jonghyun’s eyebrows.

 

“Your son?!”

 

“Trust me I had the same expression when I first heard the news.” Chanhee mutters under his breath. Which Byunghun clearly heard but chose to blatantly ignore it.

 

“Little Chanhun over here is adopted.” Yewon explains to her son.

“So shut your shocked wide open mouth.”

 

But of course if Yewon were to know the truth, her jaw would probably drop even further than Jonghyun’s.

 

Jonghyun clamps his mouth shut immediately. He didn’t even know that his mouth was wide open from shock in the first place.

 

“He is so cute!” Ricky squeals out of the blue as pinches Chanhun’s cheeks and Chanhun whined a little, a little uncomfortable at Ricky’s sudden unpredictable actions.

 

“Your boyfriend is cute.” Byunghun chimes genuinely as he stared at Ricky, smiling at the boy who smiled bashfully right back, clearly shy.

 

Jonghyun just laughs at Byunghun’s candidness.

 

“Yeah he is but you’re cute too hyung.” Jonghyun admits as he shifts over to Byunghun’s side and gave him a short hug.

“I missed you hyung. We barely heard any news from you except for Wooshin hyung’s occasional he’s fine.” A small pout formed on Jonghyun’s lips.

 

“Which is true. I’ve been doing fine all these while.” Byunghun fibbed, side glancing Chanhee to keep his mouth shut about his current situation.

 

“I asked Sohyun and she said you went into hiding for a year hyung...”

 

Byunghun mentally wanted to strangle his best friend but he couldn’t blame her either because she didn’t know anything either. Despite her constant interrogating sessions with Wooshin, the latter was always very tight lipped about B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter