ii. Six

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After thanking the neighbor for looking after Chanhun and safely tucking Byunghun in bed, Chanhee wheeled Wooshin out with him to a nearby supermarket to buy groceries so that he could make dinner.

 

“Has Byunghun ever told you about the story behind Chanhun’s adoption?” Chanhee suddenly questions his younger brother as Wooshin froze for a second, stunned by Chanhee’s question.

 

Is the elder suspicious? He sure hope not. Byunghun has kept Chanhun’s birth a secret for so many years now and enduring so many ridiculous rumors about the child.

 

“Nope, he just came back one day with a baby in his arms. I never probed further either.” Wooshin fibbed as he wheeled himself down the street faster to avoid any further prying questions from Chanhee.

 

Chanhee just scoffed slightly, highly doubting Wooshin’s words as he picked up his pace after Wooshin. Maybe he should give Wooshin more time then try and convince his younger brother to reveal the truth to him.

 

“Hey look at that handsome guy beside Wooshin oppa.”

 

“Oh? He’s so handsome. I wonder if he’s single.”

 

“Pfft, if he’s with Wooshin oppa I’m pretty sure he’s friends with Lee Byunghun too. Who knows he might be another of that dirty little ’s ual pleasures.”

 

“Do you think Byunghun also works for Wooshin oppa?”

 

Wooshin could feel Chanhee tense up beside him, “Hyung just ignore them.”

 

“What are they talking about?” Chanhee stops dead in his tracks and Wooshin could literally smell a fight going to happen if Chanhee were to approach those gossiping girls.

 

“Can you just do Byunghun a favor and don’t pry about anything anymore.” Wooshin finally snaps at Chanhee monotonously before leaving his elder brother staring blankly, still unable to fully grasp the situation.

 

For the past few years, Wooshin and Byunghun has been haunted by such false rumours that had been spreading around them and of course it has affected them quite badly, especially for Byunghun. In addition the said boy has always felt apologetic that he has unintentionally dragged Wooshin into the mess causing him a lot of mental stress.

 

===

 

Five years ago

 

A young provocatively dressed lady, Jinri, was on her way home when she noticed the famous cardiac surgeon Andy Lee’s son Lee Byunghun pacing up and down in front of his house. Pursing her lips together she walked up to the boy, hoping to be able to hit on the handsome looking boy. Besides, who doesn’t want a chance to flirt with the hot and extremely eligible son of the famous Andy Lee? Everyone would die to just speak to him and he already has tons of females flocking to kiss his feet.

 

She was about to approach him when she noticed a luxurious yellow Lamborghini pull up into the driveway as a suave dashing man exits his car while slipping his Ray Ban shades on. Jinri recognizes him as Kim Myungsoo, son of one of Seoul’s richest business tycoon. She quickly hides behind a nearby tree, peeking out to eavesdrop on their conversation.

 

“Myungsoo hyung!”

 

“Byunghunnie.” Myungsoo affectionately ruffles his junior’s hair, like how he always does back when they were in school.

 

“How are you feeling today? Are you better? Is the baby still kicking a lot?” Myungsoo squats down to poke gently at Byunghun’s extremely slight protruding belly.

 

In fact it was so slight that  if Jinri didn’t squint and Myungsoo didn’t touch Byunghun’s shirt no one would have realized.

 

But Jinri squinted.

 

And Myungsoo touched Byunghun’s shirt.

 

The girl let out a silent gasp as her jaw nearly hits the ground.

Baby? Byunghun is pregnant?!

Hurriedly biting her lower lip to prevent herself from making the smallest noise, she continues watching to see if the gossip worthy scene would develop any further. But to her disappointment, Myungsoo just passed some medication over to the younger and asking him to take care before bidding the boy goodbye and reminding the unborn child not to kick his mother so much.

 

Still, it was a jaw dropping discovery and Jinri couldn’t wait to share it with her friends and relatives. After all, she was talking about Andy Lee’s son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter