One.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sohyun sunbae did you hear?"

 

"Hear about what?"

 

"There's a new doctor in the pediatric department and he's cute!"

 

"Lee Byunghun?"

 

"Eh? You knew? You why didn't you tell me? He's adorable!"

 

"Uh, he was my classmate. And you didn't ask."

 

"Oh my god can we ask him out? Do you have his number? Can..."

 

"By standing here and wasting time talking about these kind of useless things, you could have killed a patient due to the fact that you were not there to save him when he is on the verge on death!" Chanhee banged his fist on the clean white marbled table top in the doctor's pantry unit, his fist clenched so tight blue veins were protruding.

 

The junior doctor jumped from her position and immediately bowed low to Chanhee before apologizing and rushing out of the room.

 

"Yah! Lee Chanhee stop exaggerating. Doctors are humans too, all of us need a break and that includes you. If you continue being such an iceberg you'll scare away all our doctors sooner or later." Sohyun retorted back curling her tongue to the back of as she heaved a sigh and shook her head slightly before patting Chanhee on his shoulder.

 

Only to have her hand brushed away by his own. So much for her encouraging gesture.

 

"Please don't touch me. We're colleagues, we're not friends." Chanhee shrugged his shoulders and fixed his crisp white doctor's coat before fixing himself a cup of coffee.

 

Sohyun clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes before strolling out of the pantry, her three inch snow white heels clattering against the cool tiled flooring and dyed auburn hair bouncing against her shoulder blades.

 

Making a sharp turn, she enters a colourful ward with rainbows and unicorns decorating the sky blue painted walls with three beds on each side of the room. Medical equipments accompanied each bed with several IV lines and bags of medication lying around. She leaned against the door frame as she watched a young doctor playing with his patients in the ward. A gentle smiled soon danced on her lips.

 

The young doctor wrapped his arms around a little male patient around 5 years of age before lifting him up in the air high above his head.

He twirled in circles with the little boy in the air as bubbly giggled escaped from the little boy's opened mouth.

 

"If you believe you can fly, you can fly!" He smiled widely at the little boy before letting him down onto the bed right at the end on the left corner.

"So don't let anyone bring you down." A tap landed on the little boy's nose before the young doctor stood up slowly, slinging his stethoscope over his neck.

 

"Dr Lee, will you come back and play with me again?" The little boy tugged onto the young doctor's second finger tightly, unwilling to let go.

 

"Of course I will. But now you'll have to get some rest first alright?"

 

The young boy nodded and Dr Lee patted his head and started to make his way out of the ward to continue his rounds. He smiled brightly after seeing his best friend leaning on the door frame, watching him and waved.

 

Sohyun waved back and gave him a hug as they left the ward and pattered down the corridor.

 

"So Byunghun, how are you adapting to the environment here?"

 

"It's ok I guess? I feel a tad uncomfortable and pressurized when the nurses kept pestering me for dates though." The young Dr Lee whose name was Byunghun pouted, his lower lip jutting out so much you could hang a lantern on it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter