Twenty Six.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun fiddles with his Chan Chan bunny plush toy in his bed extremely deep in thought with a slight frown marring his face. Quickly darting his eyeline up at the door to make sure that no one was there and then back down again, he threw aside his blanket exposing his legs fully. Closing his eyes briefly before opening them again and taking a deep breath, the boy reached out for his right thigh with a shaky hand slowly. Grabbing his knee tight, his breathing hastened and he immediately pulled the blankets over them once again.

 

Letting out a soft sigh, he turns his attention back to Chan Chan and brings the plush close to his face before leaning his forehead on the plush’s face.

 

“Chan Chan, you know I love Chanhee hyung right? And love makes you do extremely crazy and selfish things right? But why does everything feel so wrong...”

 

===

 

“Oof!”

 

“Sorry I didn’t see where I was…. Jonghyun?” Chanhee turns around to realize that he had just knocked into the A&E houseman who was flusteredly trying to pick up the documents that had fallen out of his hands and scattered onto the ground when Chanhee bumped into him.

 

“Oh hey Chanhee hyung.” Jonghyun casually greeted the older as he neatly stacks the fallen papers into a pile, trying to tidy them up before putting them back into his folder.

 

Chanhee keeps his silence as his attention was drawn to one particular document that Jonghyun had left lying on the floor at the corner. Picking it up, he handed it to Jonghyun wordlessly, his eyes boring holes into Jonghyun’s face as though he was expecting an explanation from the latter.

 

Jonghyun gulps in dismay when he realized that the document in Chanhee’s hands were the ones he wanted to hide from the older the most.

 

“I nearly forgot….” Chanhee mumbled quietly, so quiet that Jonghyun barely managed to catch it.

 

“I wanted to tell you but I forgot about it too. Until I received this confirmation letter.” Jonghyun trailed off as he finished tidying up his fallen papers and stuffs it all into his tattered folder.

 

“Let’s look for a place to sit down, we need to talk about this.”

 

===

 

“Here’s your matcha latte and iced Americano. Enjoy!” The overly-perky waitress chirped as she places the drinks that the duo had ordered onto the table before leaving with an enthusiastic smile plastered on her face.

 

Chanhee reaches out for the Americano before stirring the dark beverage a few times as the ice swirl and rattles around in the glass.

 

Sipping the drink, Chanhee leans back on his chair before looking at Jonghyun, signalling him to start talking. Knowing that he can’t delay it any further, Jonghyun takes a large swig out of his matcha latte before leaning forward with his chin resting on his fisted hands.

 

“I got accepted into the University of New South Wales, Faculty of Medicine.” He confessed as Chanhee puts a comforting hand on Jonghyun’s left arm.

 

“I’m happy for you, Jonghyun ah.”

 

“Hyung… Do you… happen to remember our promise?” Jonghyun finally plucked up all his courage to broach the actual subject they both knew they were going to talk about.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter