Ten.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanhee hyung, what are you looking at?” Jonghyun frowns as he waves a hand in front of Chanhee’s face trying to get his attention.

 

Chanhee snaps back to Jonghyun with a startled expression, his mouth wide open. “You were saying?” He took a huge bite of his ham and cheese wholegrain sandwich as he brought his attention back to his lover who seemed somewhat annoyed.

 

“I said my parents are back from Australia and plan to settle here for good.” Jonghyun mumbles as he crossed his arms across his chest, clearly unhappy at Chanhee’s lack of attention on him.

 

Chanhee hummed distractedly in response causing Jonghyun to lose his patience and turn his head to see what exactly is vying with him for his lover’s attention. Chanhee rarely cared about anything else when he was with Jonghyun. The latter squinted hard and finally made out Byunghun in a distance playing with a few of his young patients at the hospital play area. On a nearby bench, Chan Chan sat quietly observing his owner having fun with the children. Turning his head back and forth from Chanhee to Byunghun and Byunghun to Chanhee again and again, Jonghyun scratches his head in confusion. Since when Chanhee ever took notice of he pediatrician? Doesn’t he hate the guy? It doesn’t seem like Chanhee is plotting anything evil on him either judging from the soft look in Chanhee’s eyes which barely ever surfaces unless he’s with Wooshin or Jonghyun himself.

 

“I asked him to let go of his hatred for Lee Byunghun but I think he has crossed the line.” Jonghyun knew Chanhee way to well, it was impossible for the cardiologist to hide anything from the houseman. Although he was sure Chanhee isn’t in love with Byunghun or whatnot but it was highly possible that Chanhee had developed a soft spot and maybe even a tiny little bit affection for the pediatrician.

 

Jonghyun wasn’t the clingy or needy kind of boyfriend. But he sure was a jealous one. Chanhee has been such a distant and cold person since Jonghyun met him. His soft side is reserved for his boyfriend and his brother and only his boyfriend and his brother. No one else.

 

===

 

Byunghun hummed happily as he stolled along the corridors to get back to his office from his night round routines. Walking past the A&E department, he accidentally bumps into a graceful woman who fell onto the tiled flooring from the impact. She lands awkwardly on her ankle, twisting it under her weight.

 

“Oh my goodness I’m so sorry!” Byunghun apologizes profusely as he helped the woman up on her feet.

 

The lady’s face scrunches up in pain as she was hauled up, looking down at her hurting ankle. Byunghun notices her discomfort and immediately bends down to inspect her ankle.

 

“Oh dear you twisted your ankle.” Byunghun helps the lady onto a nearby empty bench and lifts her foot onto his lap, carefully massaging her ankle.

 

“I’ll be right back. Please hang on for a bit.” He bows to her and hurried off into the supply room.

 

The lady’s gaze follows him carefully as he left and returned, emerging from the supply room with bandages and some medical ointment.

 

Byunghun squats on the floor and focused on applying the ointment on her ankle as gently as he could before bandaging her ankle neatly. After putting her foot cautiously down onto the floor, he went to pick up her high heeled cherry red shoes and handed them back to her with both hands politely.

 

“Thank you.” The lady finally uttered. Her voice was soothing and melodious which left Byunghun in a trance. Her voice was smooth as silk and calm as clam. Just like his mother.

 

According to his father, Byunghun’s mother had passed away when he was very young. Too young for him to remember but Byunghun remembered. He wasn’t so young to the extent he had no recollection of his mother. He remembered his mother reading him bedtime stories and singing him lullabies. Holding his tiny hand when they went grocery shopping together. The memories were vagu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter