Eleven.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun tosses and turns in his bed uncomfortably. Pulling his quilt with a satin silk cover over and throwing it off his small body repeatedly. Pouting with a frown marring his face he sits up abruptly, staring at his plush bunny that he had been hugging in his arms.

 

“Chan Chan ah, Chanhee  is attached. Why didn’t you tell me earlier how am I supposed to face him now?” He groans and plops himself face first onto his fluffy pillow. Sighing and getting up again, he hears Hyori faintly knocking on his door in concern questioning him about his emotions since he had skipped dinner that night. His father was on a night shift and hence no one forced him to take his meal since Hyori wasn’t someone that would force something on the precious child thinking that she should respect his decisions since he was an adult now. She trusted him to know himself well and take care of himself well enough.

 

“I’m just tired Hyori umma. Don’t worry about me, I’m not hungry either.” Byunghun assures the caretaker who hummed a satisfied reply to him before telling the sweet boy to sleep earlier and not stay up too late which Byunghun promises he will.

 

Reaching to his side table and opening the drawer to pull out his old and tattered only family photo, he gently runs his fingers over his mother’s face.

 

“I hope you’re doing good umma. I wish you were here with me and I could seek advices from you. But it’s alright umma, you don’t have to worry about me. I’m all grown up now. I miss you...” Byunghun sleepily lies his head on his pillow with Chan Chan in his left arm and his family photo tightly clutched in his right fingers. Blinking tiredly a few times, the boy yawns as his eyes starts closing slowly on their own as he drifts off to sleep.

 

===

 

Chanhee wheels Wooshin out into the living room as Jonghyun brings his parents into the same room, settling the both of them down as the brothers bowed to them politely.

 

“I’m so sorry for the lack of couches but the house is relatively small so we didn’t really thought we needed one.” Chanhee apologizes as he hurriedly takes out 2 stools from the kitchen to allow Jonghyun’s aged parents to sit down.

 

“Oh no worries we’re alright with the stools. We can even sit on the floor.” Mr Choi chuckles as he settles onto one of the stools. Jonghyun helps his mother onto the other stool as Mrs Choi nods in agreement to her husband’s statement. The both of them weren’t too particular about the typical korean manners and such since they had spent many years residing in Australia anyway.

 

“I’ve prepared dinner tonight and it’s not a feast but I do hope eomonim and abeoji will like it.” Chanhee gives one of his rarest sweetest smile to the pair before disappearing into the kitchen to bring out the dishes he prepared.

 

“I’ll eat well.” Voices echoed before everyone starts digging into the delicious meal that Chanhee had painstakingly prepared for his boyfriend’s parents.

 

“Actually this time we return, we plan to settle back here for good. Afterall Korea’s our homeland. And we do hope that Jonghyun can move back with us. The house is too big and quiet for just the both of us and we’re honestly getting pretty old...” Mr Choi finally reveals the main idea behind his visit as he chowed down on his deep fried toufu.

 

Chanhee drops his chopsticks in surprise. He never expected that there would be a day that he would have to live separately with his boyfriend ever since the latter had moved in. He has already gotten use to the presence of the most important man in his life other than his younger brother to be by his side nearly every single day in his life. Jonghyun was equally surprised as his eyebrows flew up immediately. He has already settle down well and comfortable in Chanhee’s house for many years now. But at the same time, it was true that his parents were getting on in years and he hadn’t really managed to spend quality time with his parents since they were living in different countries.

 

Chanhee seems to be thinking the same way as he picked up his chopsticks once again and softly told Jonghyun that it’d be best if he obliged to his parent’s request.

 

Mrs Choi noticed the uncomfortable look in both her son’s and Chanhee’s faces.

 

“Chanhee, would you and Wooshin be willing to move in with us too?” She politely offered them her suggestion but Chanhee deadpanned at the idea.

 

“It’ll be too troublesome for us to move especially with Wooshin’s condition. We appreciate the thought though.” He puts a comforting palm on Mrs Choi’s and Jonghyun’s. “We can always meet up at work anyway.” He turns to Jonghyun before caressing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter