ii. Twenty three

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Fortunately it’s just a hairline fracture and nothing serious, no concussion no abrasions, no internal bleeding.” Sohyun closes the patient folder before tucking it under her arms before grabbing little Chanhun and bending down to the child’s eye level to play with him.

 

“How about Byunghun? Do you know about his condition?” Chanhee questions in concern.

 

When he pushed Byunghun out of the way, saving him from the oncoming car he had used too much force that he had sent the smaller boy flying, knocking the boy out of conscious when his head hit the hard concrete. He did want to check on Byunghun’s condition first but Sohyun insisted that they had to get his arm treated before it gets inflamed.

 

“Don’t worry, he’s alright. He did sustain a slight concussion and abrasion on his forehead but it’s nothing too serious.”

 

Chanhee lefts out a sigh in relief, leaning back into the fluffy pillows that he was propped on.

 

“You can be discharged Chanhee oppa, we don’t need to keep you for further observation.” Sohyun continues, moving forward to help Chanhee unclip his patient tag but Chanhee stops her, a mischievous smirk forming on his cherry lips.

 

Byunghun clearly doesn’t know of his condition yet, he could always just pull a little prank on the boy...

 

“We can settle my discharge later. I just have a little favor to ask of you Sohyun, can you bring a nasal cannula for me?” Chanhee smiles up at Sohyun, trying to put on his best innocent puppy dog pleading eyes that Sohyun really wanted to either puke all over his face or smack him with her shoe seeing his expression.

“And do you happen to have foundation or concealer?”

 

“What do you even need these for?” Sohyun finally pries after setting up the nasal cannula for Chanhee. Of course the lady has her doubts about Chanhee’s absurd requests but honestly who would dare to go up against the infamous Lee Chanhee? What if he just opened his mouth to yell at her just because she didn’t accede to his demands.

 

“I’m going to prank Byunghun into thinking I’m dead.” The man’s eyes twinkle with mischief as Sohyun raises her eyebrow at Chanhee. She never knew he had this side of him.

 

Well the Chanhee from five years back would have never been caught being so playful and cheeky, but a certain Lee Byunghun has made such a huge impact in his life no one never knew that boy could eventually melt down all the ice that Chanhee had encased himself in.

 

Seeing the man patting the contents of her bb cushion all over his lips, Sohyun couldn’t help but let out a unconsciously let out a chuckle.

“You sure aren’t the same Lee Chanhee I knew back then.”

 

Chanhee just rolls his eyes before closing the compact shut and handing the cushion case back to Sohyun before sliding himself under the blankets and trying to pull the sheet up to his neck.

“You aren’t the same Kwon Sohyun either. You are so much more ladylike now, calling me Chanhee oppa instead of just Lee Chanhee. You think I never noticed? Help me with this blanket thing.” He snapped good naturedly as Sohyun pulls the blanket perfectly up to his neck.

 

“Lee Wooshin, you don’t look like your brother just died...” Chanhee whines, finding a loophole in his flawless plan.

 

“Oh! I have eyedrops.” Sohyun excitedly pipes up as she digs into her coat pocket to retrieve the tiny vial filled with the clear solution.

 

Wooshin just shakes his head, finding his brother’s suggestion absolutely pointless and childish but still takes the eyedrops from Sohyun to drip them into his eyes anyway.

 

“Now all we got to do is to wait for Byunghun to arrive.” Chanhee squirms excitedly in his bed.

 

===

 

Byunghun was still angry o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter