ii. Eight

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Listen Byunghun-sshi, I’m really sorry about yesterday. I wasn’t in the best of moods so I got violent I apologize.” Hyojin bows to Byunghun with an unreadable expression on her face as she watched Myungsoo from the corner of her eyes as her husband watched on with a cold grim expression.

 

Seeing that Hyojin seemed apologetic and regretful about her actions the previous day Myungsoo walked over and kisses his wife’s hair before returning to his room. He decided to take a day of leave just to secretly watch over Byunghun because he knew the boy would be way too stubborn to take a day of medical leave even though he was just sent to the hospital yesterday.

After Myungsoo’s departure, Hyojin just smiles lightly at Byunghun before instructing him to wash the dishes before leaving for her room. Byunghun frowned at Hyojin’s sudden change in treatment but decided to just shrug it off thinking that she was probably shocked at the fact that she actually hit Byunghun into unconsciousness and was feeling a little repentful.

 

Hyojin drops her smile slightly as she sees Byunghun disappear into the kitchen and turned to Chanhun who was sitting quietly on the floor by himself.

 

“Anneyeong.” Hyojin waves at the child and looks at the small toy he was playing with.

 

“Your name is Chanhun right?”

 

Chanhun nods without looking up at Hyojin, slightly afraid of her as he has witnessed the lady raise her voice at his father several times.

 

“You toy is really small, imo will get you a nice big one. How about that?”

 

Hyojin’s offer seemed to have piqued Chanhun’s interest because he finally turned to look at Hyojin with his bog doe eyes.

 

“Imo get new toy for me?”

 

“Yeah of course, imo will get all you the toys you want. So whenever you come here with your appa you won’t be bored.” Hyojin ruffles the child hair affectionately as Chanhun smiles brightly his eyes sparkling at the thought of having new toys to play with.

 

Myungsoo silently watches the scene of an affectionate Hyojin from the crack of his unclosed door and raises his eyebrows letting out a small smile. Although he did find Hyojin’s sudden kindness rather fishy at first, Myungsoo decided to trust his wife. He feels that deep deep, deep down Hyojin still has a heart. Maybe the previous day’s accident of unintentionally hurting Byunghun has shocked Hyojin into shedding her ice cold exterior.

 

Well, that was what Myungsoo thought anyway.

 

===

 

Chanhee hums a little tune as he fries some rice and kimchi for their dinner while waiting for Byunghun to return home from work with Chanhun. According to Wooshin, Byunghun would always have to rush back to prepare dinner after an insanely exhausting day of work but never lets Wooshin help around, always pampering the boy and so Chanhee decided that since he would be living in Byunghun’s house from now on he should at least prepare dinner for them so that Byunghun can come home to a warm home cooked meal, also a token of appreciation for taking care of his younger brother all these years.

 

Wooshin wheels himself into the kitchen, attracted to the aroma of the kimchi fried rice that Chanhee was making.

 

“You don’t know how much I miss your cooking hyung.” Wooshin playfully sticks his finger into the wok and pinched some rice to sneak into his mouth.

 

“Yah! Don’t do that you might scald yourself!” Chanhee frowns as he took Wooshin’s hand to run it under running water from the tap.

“You miss my cooking? Is Byunghun a bad cook?” Chanhee chuckles as he went back to attend to his fried rice.

 

Wooshin shakes his head.

 

“Nope, it’s just that I haven’t had hyung’s cooking in ages.” A sad expression briefly graced Wooshin’s face and Chanhee couldn’t help but feel slightly guilty for leaving his brother to another country for so many years.

 

“Well I’m back now and I promise to always cook for you whenever I can.”

 

“Chanhee samcheon!” Chanhee turns around to see Chanhun running through the house and into Chanhee’s outstretched arms.

 

The child giggles as Chanhee lifted the boy right off his feet and into the air before supporting him on his right hip, wrapping his right arm tightly around the child. Over the past few days, Chanhee and Chanhun had bonded very well and now Chanhun is practically stuck onto Chanhee like glue whenever they are together.

 

“What are you making samcheon?” Chanhun asks curiously as he stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter