ii. Ten

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But… That couldn’t be could it? No matter how Chanhee tried to think his way around the entire situation nothing made sense.

He has heard rumors that the child was Myungsoo’s but wasn’t Myungsoo already married? And the rumors about Byunghun sleeping around clearly wasn’t true, Chanhee was dead sure Byunghun wasn’t that kind of person.
Unless he wasn’t the mother? Afterall the younger has always been extremely afraid of pain Chanhee finds it hard to believe that Byunghun would actually go through the insane levels of pain to bring a child into the world.

But was Chanhun really adopted? The whole story was too suspicious.

 

Suddenly Chanhee gasped as his eyes widened.

 

He got it!

 

This has to be it!

 

Byunghun stole the child.

 

Which explains why he was always tried to hide Chanhun’s background and adoption process! Byunghun stole Chanhun and brought him home.

 

Doesn’t that make Byunghun a criminal? Chanhee shuddered at the thought of living with a criminal. Will there be a day the police or Chanhun’s biological parents come knocking on the door?

 

Heaving a sigh, the cardiologist let his head drop and hang low staring at the ground. Maybe he let his imagination run too wild but he was having a pounding headache from all the guessing.

 

Only time will be able to reveal the truth.

 

===

 

“I’ll take my leave first.” Byunghun untied the knot from his back before removing the green apron off his body from his neck before leaving it in his locker and collected his belongings and left the cafe after seeing his boss acknowledge his departure announcement with a nod.

 

The boy smiles as he took in the fragrance of the freshly bloomed flowers on his route to Chanhun’s school. It was cloudy as the wind blew in his face gently making it the optimal weather for his journey.

 

“Appa!” Chanhun runs out of his school and grips the rods of his school gate placing his head in between them when he spotted his father walking towards the school.

 

Chanhun’s teacher walks out to unlock the gate for Chanhun when she saw Byunghun waving to his son from a distance.

 

“My Chanhun!” Byunghun laughs as the child leaps onto his chest and clings himself there using all four of his limps like a koala.

 

Putting his arms under Chanhun’s buttocks, Byunghun lifts his son higher onto his hip and carries him off to Myungsoo’s house after thanking the teacher.

 

“Appa are we going to Hyojin imo’s house today too?” Chanhun asks as he played with his father cheeks, pressing them in between his tiny chubby palms.

 

“Yes we are. Why?” Byunghun was curious about Chanhun’s sudden clinginess towards Hyojin. The child had constantly been talking about Hyojin and the gifts that she has been showering him with.

 

Of course initially Byunghun felt a little uncomfortable receiving gifts from his employer but seeing Hyojin put such a bright smile on Chanhun’s face, Byunghun decided to work harder to repay her kindness towards his son. He was confused about her intentions at first but his soft heart managed to convince him that Hyojin was genuinely being nice and he was immensely thankful for it.

 

“Hyojin imo promised me we could play together today.”

 

“Okay but don’t be a trouble to imo alright?”

 

Chanhun nods adorably and Byunghun scrunches up his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter