ii. Twenty One

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanhun runs to the door as fast as his little stubby legs could take him when he heard the doorbell sound, the shrill ringing bouncing off the walls in the house.

 

“Chanhun how many times I’ve told you not to run!” Byunghun yells after his son from the living hall as he tried to put the finishing touches to the snack bar he had set up with the finger foods Chanhee had prepared and some stray pastel confetti that he had managed to buy from a craft shop.

 

“Anneyeonghasaeyo!” Chanhun puts both hands at where his belly button is before giving a polite ninety degree bow to his friend’s mothers who had come to drop them off once Chanhee had opened the door for his friends to come in. He runs off with his friends after greeting their mothers leaving Chanhee awkwardly holding the door, unsure of what to say. He was after all pretty unfriendly and cold before Byunghun came along.

 

“Hi… Would you lovely ladies like to come in as well? We prepared a lot of food so I’m pretty sure there’s more than enough to go around. Do come in for some refreshments.” The blonde lets out a dashing smile, sheepishly scratching the back of his head with his right hand while still holding onto the door with his left.

 

The women cooed softly at how handsome the man was as they blushed a little but declined the man politely mentioning that they regretfully had a pile of household chores waiting for them to finish at home. Chanhee just nodded in response before waving goodbye to them.

 

Turning back into the living hall, a smile unconsciously tugs at the end at the sight of Byunghun playing with the kids. The children were surrounding him as he twirled around trying to hand out plates of food to them, his lips upturned and his teeth shining in a perfect straight row twinkling with light laughter. Chanhee’s heart warmed at the sight, he knew Byunghun had always been good with children since his pediatrician days and it has been a long time since he last saw the boy laughing so carefreely.

 

Settling everyone in their seats in the dining room and reminding the kids that they could have second servings if they’d like, Byunghun turns back to grab more food, piling the plate up high before bringing it to Wooshin who was doing his reading in the living hall.

 

Returning to the dining area, the boy was immediately dragged and seated with the children before presented a plate of food.

 

“Eat.” Chanhee commanded before taking a seat next to Byunghun and putting down his own plate of food.

 

“Why should I be listening to you? And why are you sitting next to me? Can’t you sit somewhere else?” Byunghun rolls his eyes as he poked a fried dumpling with his fork angrily before stuffing it into his mouth, sticking it at the right side of his cheek chewing hard making him look like the cutest mochi out there.

 

Unable to resist the urge, Chanhee puts down his fork and turns his whole body to face Byunghun before softly pinching the boy on his cheeks.

 

“You’re still as cute as ever. No one would believe you’re already a father.” Chanhee speaks truthfully as Byunghun tries not to choke on his dumpling from the sprouting happiness that shot from his head all the way to his toes.

 

“Stop it, there are children here.” The younger hastily brushes Chanhee’s compliment away and swallowed his dumpling.

 

Seeing that a child had gravy dribbled all over , he reached over to grab a serviette so that he could wipe it off but apparently Chanhee had the same idea too. Their hands collided and Byunghun swore his heart did a somersault and maybe that had set off some fireworks in his stomach he isn’t sure but he swiftly frew his hand back, his eyes darting about in embarrassment.

 

On the other hand, Chanhee just chuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter