ii. Twenty Nine

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun’s forehead and hairline starts to take on a glossy sheen and the salty drops starts invading his eyes as the assistant brings a white towel to wipe the droplets. His eyebrows furrowed in concentration, nearly knitting themselves together as he worked on his little patient lying on the operating table. The machines around him beeped in a constant peaceful manner, indicating that the surgery was going without a glitch.

 

Finally the boy stitches his patient back up and hooks her up to an IV before checking her various vitals before nodding at the nurse, telling her that he is done before leaving the operating table and removing his blood stained latex gloves and thrashing it into the waste bin.

 

“Thank you for your hard work everyone!” Flashing his signature eye smile he bows at everyone before exiting the operating theatre and changing out of his surgical scrub suit in the toilets provided right outside. Exhaling a long tired breath, the pediatrician closes his eyes and leans heavily on the wall to get a short rest. This was one of the times he feels his age catching up on him, he definitely isn’t as energetic and full of life as before. Not after what he had been through the past years.

 

“Guess who?” A pair of arms embraces Byunghun’s exposed waist as his eyes snapped open at the sudden touch, all ready to elbow the person who wounded his arms around his waist from behind him.

 

Which he ultimately did when he heard the voice that belongs to none other than Lee Chanhee.

 

The latter lets out a pained groan as he immediately lets go of his lover and holds his chest, where Byunghun had jabbed his elbow at, in pain.

 

“You’re so lame Chanhee hyung.” The younger rolls his eyes before leaving the corridor, heading to his office without sparing a glance at Chanhee, making the older curl his lips into a pout.

 

“Byunghun ah~” The cardiologist scampers after his boyfriend, trying to hold the younger’s hand causing the pediatrician’s cheeks to heat up as a light blush spreads across his face.

 

The other medical personals watched on in amusement, Lee Byunghun sure had an incredible impact on Lee Chanhee.

 

===

 

The pediatrician bounced at the balls of his feet as he tip-toed and peeped over the food line in the hospital’s cafeteria, with his fingers curled around the edge of his metal divided tray that was placed on the unmoving tray line while the cafeteria ahjumma scoops a heap of rice into his tray. The aroma of doenjang soup and japchae wafts into his nostrils as his mouth waters and the corner of his lips curved upwards into an excited smile. The said’s eyes twinkled as he neared the couldn’t wait to sink his teeth into the springy glass noodles and warm fluffy rice and let his tongue tingle upon the saltiness of the doenjang soup.

 

His boyfriend just shakes his head at Byunghun’s adorable behavior before taking a his metal divided tray from the counter to smack the younger’s head playfully before putting it on top of the unmoving tray line while waiting for the ahjumma to be done with Byunghun’s dinner.

 

What happened next made Chanhee gasped, holding the back of his head with his right hand in shock. His eyes twice the size of fishballs, shooting daggers as the pediatrician who avoids his gaze. Byunghun fisted his left hand and brought it to his mouth, stifling a chuckle. The younger had smacked the back of Chanhee’s head with his right hand in revenge for Chanhee’s act of smacking his head with the metal tray. Sticking his pink little tongue out to give the older a cheeky mehrong, Byunghun lifts his now filled metal tray to a nearby table as Chanhee moves his forward to allow the cafeteria ahjumma to scoop the food into his tray.

 

“Yah, eat slowly.” Chanhee pats his boyfriend’s head as he slips into the chair opposite Byunghun and sets his now filled with food metal tray onto the table.

 

The pediatrician was stuffing heaped spoonful after heap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter