Four.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Andy slowly releases his death grip on the steering wheel, coming to his senses. He could feel his heart pulsating hard and fast against his ribcage as though it’s about to break through the protective bones it was encased it. His adam’s apple bobbed a little as he took a deep breath and swallowed thickly, what had he done… Opening the door of the driver’s seat gingerly, he steps out of the car to witness the accident he had caused due to his negligence.

 

Chanhee was on pins and needles as he crawled over to his fallen younger brother trembling in fear and praying for divine intervention. His brother had to be alright, he was all Chanhee had left in this cruel cold society. Wooshin was still conscious much to Chanhee’s relief. Extremely gently, the latter lifts Wooshin’s head onto his lap as the other tries his hardest to heave one painful breath after another.

 

“Hyung, it hurts...” Wooshin wanted to scream in agony but his voice only managed to come out in a feeble whisper. Tears starting rolling off the corner of his eyes and with each tear that came, Chanhee felt a knife-like stab in his heart.

 

“Just hang on, you’re going to be okay. Hyung promises. CALL A FKING AMBULANCE SOMEBODY! PLEASE!” Chanhee turns his attention to the nosey onlookers on the streets demanding an ambualance to be called right away. A man in a blue collared shirt stated that he has already dialed for one and it is on the way but Chanhee saw red, shouting and pointing his finger at the innocent man, screaming something along the lines of asking the damn rescue service to fly the fk here this instant.

 

Andy runs over to the pair of brothers, kneeling on the ground. “I’m a doctor at Seoul National Hospital. Please let me help.” He tries to attend to Wooshin only to be pushed away harshly by Chanhee and lands on the concrete road with a thud.

 

“We don’t need your help you’re a murderer!” Chanhee spats venomously with narrowed eyes. His jaw hardened as he wrapped his arm around Wooshin’s neck protectively finally hearing the ambulance’s siren blaring in a distance.

 

===

 

Andy exhales a long breath as he stepped out of the operating theatre, dreading to be the one delivering the disheartening news. He closes his eyes and places his hand to his forehead breathing deeply once again before pushing open the doors of the operating theatre, mentally prepared for a verbal abuse from Chanhee judging from how he reacted adversely to the situation earlier.

 

Turning a deaf ear to the nurse who had pleaded him to take a seat and have some warm water, Chanhee had been pacing up and down the corridor outside the operation theatre for more than two hours now. If he had a bad habit of biting his nails when he was anxious all his nails on all of his 10 fingers and toes would probably be gone already. Chanhee was on his 6

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter