ii. Seven

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun wakes up to find Chanhun sleeping soundly in his cot and lets out a slight smile before taking Chan Chan that was placed inside the cot out so that his son could have more space and rest comfortably before settling Chan Chan gently on his own bed. Scrunching his nose and bumping it against Chan Chan’s face, he giggled slightly before heading out.
Peeking into the kitchen, he found Chanhee standing over a boiling pot over the stove.

 

“Chanhee hyung” Byunghun calls out before stepping into the kitchen to see exactly what Chanhee was preparing.

 

“Oh? You’re awake?” Chanhee gently places the back of his hand on Byunghun’s forehead that was still relatively warm.

 

Byunghun blushed slightly as he felt the soft cool skin of Chanhee’s come into contact with his own, secretly hoping for Chanhee to leave his hand there forever because the cool touch felt incredibly comfortable to his warm skin. But Chanhee drew back his hand immediately after confirming that Byunghun’s fever has cooled off more or less making Byunghun pout unconsciously.

 

“Your fever has finally gone down even though you’re still slightly warm. I’m making scallop porridge for dinner since you’re sick.”

 

“Thanks Chanhee hyung.” Byunghun smiles as he takes some bowls and spoons out to wash them. But Chanhee quickly stops him and instructs him to just rest till dinner is served.

 

Byunghun relents and drops the porcelain ware back onto the table and walks back into his room before emerging back into the living room again this time holding Chan Chan in his arms before settling himself on the sofa and fiddling with the toy.

 

“Look at you still playing with that silly plush toy, no one would believe you’re already a father.” Chanhee muses as he brought the whole pot of porridge out into the dining area in the living room and plopping the hot boiling dish onto the coaster that was already laid on the dining table.

 

Byunghun just ignores Chanhee’s remarks as he continued playing with Chan Chan.

“I like Chan Chan… You gave him to me...” He glowered, giving the toy a kiss on its nose while whispering the last part so that Chanhee doesn’t hear it.

 

“Byunghun ah, I actually have a question.” Chanhee seats himself next to Byunghun.

 

Byunghun’s heart skipped a beat, was Chanhee going to ask him about Chanhun’s father? It couldn’t be possible that Chanhee already knows that Chanhun is his son could he? The younger nibbled nervously on his bottom lip, his throat running dry.

 

“I thought you had a nanny? You could just leave Chanhun with your nanny and return to Seoul National to work couldn’t you? Afterall, your nanny brought you up really well I’m pretty sure she’ll be able to take care of Chanhun as well as she took care of you.”

 

Byunghun releases his breath that he didn’t even notice he was holding in the first place. Chanhee doesn’t know. It’s okay Byunghun, your secret is still safe. He calms his heart down putting his hand to his chest.

 

“Uh yeah, I actually wanted Hyori omma to stay with us after my father’s passing so that I can look after her in return for her care all these years but she wanted to return to Busan to reunite with her family I couldn’t say no.” Byunghun explains. He couldn’t bear to part with someone whom he has regarded as his mother for years but of course at the same time he can’t be selfish and keep her by his side forever, she has her own family too.

 

Chanhee nods with a light ‘oh’ escaping his lips before patting Byunghun’s head and calling Wooshin out from his room for dinner.

 

===

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter