Twenty Two.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanhee hyung.” Byunghun called out quietly as he childishly tugged onto Chanhee’s left hand that was casually dangling right in front of him as Chanhee was busy texting his boyfriend with the right.

 

Jonghyun had been texting to ask about Byunghun’s condition since the cardiologist did mention about Byunghun’s previous break down when Jonghyun questioned the other why he didn’t turn up for their dinner date. He promised Jonghyun that he’d leave earlier and drop by his parents’ house to spend some time with Jonghyun once he had settled Byunghun down back in his ward.

 

“Yes?” Chanhee did not take his hand out of Byunghun’s hold as he sat down beside Byunghun, carefully not touch the other in case he would accidentally hurt the pediatrician.

 

“Can you stay with me tonight?” Byunghun put on his best puppy eyes as he gazed deep into Chanhee’s big doe ones.

 

Chanhee bit his lower lip nervously, Jonghyun was waiting for him but he clearly couldn’t tell Byunghun that judging from how unstable his was emotionally. Seeing Chanhee’s hesitation, Byunghun couldn’t help but feel a little hurt. Was he a burden now? Was that why Chanhee didn’t want to stay with him for the night?

 

“You promised you’d be by my side...” He whimpered softly, tears gathering in the corner of his eyes as they watered up.

 

Chanhee quickly shook his head and Byunghun’s delicate soft right cheek with his thumb in an attempt to comfort the younger, seeing that Byunghun was about to cry again.

 

“I’m not going anywhere.” Chanhee patted Byunghun’s right hand twice to assure him before tucking the latter’s hand comfortably in his own before urging Byunghun to get some sleep. It had been a long exhausting day for the poor boy.

 

“Sleep.” Chanhee commanded the younger, unconsciously leaning downwards to kiss Byunghun’s forehead gently.

 

Which Byunghun didn’t whine about nor reject. In contrary, the pediatrician closed his eyes peacefully with a worn out but still sweet smile on his face. Something no one saw ever since Byunghun woke.

 

Chanhee hummed a silver toned lullaby with his bell like voice, Byunghun’s hand that was still tucked in his as Byunghun gradually drifted off to slumber land. Seeing that the other had finally fallen asleep, Chanhee quickly whipped his phone out to inform Jonghyun that he wouldn’t be able to make it that night, only to realize that his phone’s battery had drained out much to his dismay. But he didn’t dare to move an inch in case he would wake Byunghun. The said man hadn’t had a peaceful sleep in days, Chanhee just couldn’t bear to take the chance of disturbing the pediatrician’s much needed sleep.

 

===

 

Jonghyun stood impatiently in Chanhee’s office, waiting for the cardiologist to walk in. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter