Twelve.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ah bingsu! Can we have bingsu?” Byunghun bounced around the mall like a little kid in a candy shop for the first time. His bunny plush bounced along with every hop Byunghun.

 

Chanhee wanted to hide his face in his hands forever as a number of passerbys started staring at the bouncing grown man. Chanhee wondered where on Earth he still manage to find so much energy after their long shifts. Especially when Byunghun works with one of the most difficult group of patients in the hospital, children.

 

The cardiologist grabs Byunghun tightly by the arm to stop him from embarrassing the both of them even further.

 

“Stop bouncing around. We can have bingsu after the movie. No desserts before your meal or you’ll get a stomachache.” Chanhee nags sternly without looking at Byunghun in the eyes.

 

“You sound like my dad. Yada yada yada like mentor like apprentice boooo...” Byunghun scrunched his nose in annoyance, trailing off when he realised that his face was just an inch apart from Chanhee’s after he turned to face the older.

 

The both of them stared at each other for a full second as Byunghun swallowed thickly his heart raced as he felt a familiar heat rush to his neck and to his cheeks and finally to his ears, silently praying that an obvious red flush wouldn’t show on his face. Chanhee hurriedly clears his throat and looked in the opposite direction his eyes darting in several directions.

 

“I’m hungry.” Chanhee finally blurts out to clear their air of awkwardness before heading towards a small barbeque restaurant without waiting for Byunghun as the latter rushes to catch up with him.

 

===

 

“Mmmm yummy!” Byunghun smiles as he stuffs yet another piece of freshly barbequed beef into his mouth. His satisfied smile not leaving his face even as he chews on the tough meat.

 

Chanhee shakes his head as he puts another raw beef on the grill. The meat sizzles lightly on the metal grill above the charcoal fire as the fragrance of the marinated meat fills the customers noses together with the smoke that starts clouding from the cooking of the food.

 

“You look like you haven’t ate in days.” Chanhee casually comments as he puts a huge spoonful of steaming hot rice into his mouth.

 

“I haven’t had time for lunch today.” Byunghun defended himself quickly as Chanhee puts another piece of cooked chicken onto his plate.
 

“Eat more.”

 

Byunghun smiles sweetly at Chanhee as he thanked the latter for feeding him well. Chanhee feels his insides melt at Byunghun’s sincere and beautiful smiles as he stares at the pediatrician in front of him who was busy stuffing his face with all the food on the table. He silently giggles to himself at the sight of the adorable boy. Boy, he was full from looking at Byunghun, there wasn’t even a need for food to fill him up.

 

===

 

The theatre was dark and cold as Chanhee sank deeper into his seat. He could see Byunghun shivering slightly but still ever so focused on the movie. Chanhee didn’t know if he was watching Zootopia or Byungtopia, throughout the entire movie the cardiologist couldn’t tear his eyes away from the pediatrician. He watched as Byunghun laughed cheerily at the humorous parts of the movie and freely cried at the sad parts. Sad parts? Disney has sad parts in the movie? Chanhee didn’t know, he was too absorbed with observing Byunghun throughout the entire movie that he never paid attention to what was playing on the widescreen at all. Well not like Chanhee was even interested in Disney animation in the first place. He wasn’t even sure why he agreed to take Byunghun’s movie tickets and even asked Byunghun to watch it with him in the first place.

 

Oh crap… What has Chanhee gotten himself into….

 

===

 

“That was nice.” Byunghun says calmly as they both exits the cinema. He on a bitten straw and swirled his lemon tea around in the cup.

 

“You cried.” Chanhee pointed out as a matter of factly. “And you used up all my tissue packets.” He added monotonously before walking forward leaving the younger behind by himself to spazz about how awesome the movie was.

 

Byunghun pouted as he watched Chanhee walk away from him yet again.

 

“Why does he always move off without me and leave me hanging. Geez.” He muttered under his breath as he quickened his footsteps to catch up with the other, tripping over his untied shoelaces and lands onto the onto the cold tile flooring.

 

Chanhee whipped his head around at the thud before bursting out in laughter much to Byunghun’s frustration. Byunghun must have owed this guy in his past life. He’s always seeing me in a pitiful plight that he can laugh over. A sigh escapes the pediatrician’s mouth, that was embarrassing as hell.

 

“I didn’t know you were this clumsy.” Chanhee finally stopped laughing as he helped Byunghun up, lifting the other by his right arm up.

 

Byunghun looked at Chanhee, tilting his head to one side adorably observing the cardiologist’s face. Choosing to ignore the the fact that Chanhee just had just , he puts both his fingers to each end of Chanhee’s lips and lifted them up.

 

“You look lovely when you laugh and smile. So much more handsome than your thunder grim expressions.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter