Twenty Five.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun twirled a razor in his fingers thoughtfully as he stared at the sharp blade in his hands. Over the past few weeks, Wooshin had came to talk and counsel him with Jonghyun and they both kept Byunghun occupied as much as possible, bringing him for his physiotherapy sessions and preventing him from having the chance to slit his wrists. Well, Chanhee was with him as well but Byunghun has refused to even acknowledge the presence of the cardiologist, still angry at the fact that Chanhee broke his promise to keep him company every physiotherapy session. Sure Byunghun felt that he was pushing his limits but he was still hurt and this time he decided to let his own reckless and petty emotions rule over his head.

 

Currently, there was no one in the room other than him making it a golden opportunity to drag the blade across his milky white skin. But something was holding Byunghun back. He pondered over Wooshin’s words, how Wooshin explained to him that he was hurting people around him by hurting himself. And that was the last thing Byunghun ever wanted to do.

The blood was pretty, when the ruby red thick substance trickles down his wrist and onto the white sheets tainting everything including himself, it made Byunghun feel better. Hurting himself takes the pain away, but he’d willing to not hurt himself in order not to hurt anyone around him. Heaving a soft sigh Byunghun leans back on his fluffy pillows and was about to put the razor away safely when he heard a loud bang as the door flew open revealing an absolutely livid Chanhee.

 

Byunghun stared at the other as Chanhee stomped over to snatch the razor blade out of his hands roughly and tossing it onto the ground. The blade made a soft “clink” as it hit the ground and Byunghun could only watch wide eyed at Chanhee’s puzzling actions.

 

“What on earth are you trying to do? You are driving me insane. Is hurting yourself something you do just to grasp our attention? Is our current given attention not enough? Not going for your physiotherapy session just because I’m not by your side, ignoring me just because I wasn’t by your side. I’m so sick and tired of your childish behavior honestly! I’m not even your lover or anything like that!” Chanhee was yelling like a madman, his face flushed and red from his agitation. It looked like he was about to slap Byunghun if not for Wooshin and Jonghyun’s dramatic entrance with Wooshin angrily scolding Chanhee for going too far.

 

Jonghyun quickly takes Byunghun into his arms as Byunghun burst into tears, unable to mask his anguish anymore. How could Chanhee think that way, he wasn’t going to cut himself anymore. For Chanhee, for Jonghyun, for Wooshin, for his parents, for everyone who cared about him, Byunghun wasn’t going to hurt himself anymore. How could Chanhee even assume that he was such a person...

 

“I wasn’t going to do anything Jonghyun. I really wasn’t, I promise I wasn’t. I promised Wooshin I wouldn’t. I promised...” Byunghun choked out in broken sobs as Wooshin wheels himself to Byunghun’s side and took him into his arms from Jonghyun.

 

“ Byunghun... I’m sorry... I just... I didn’t know why I snapped. I’m so sorry...” Chanhee walked forward and tried to reach out to Byunghun but Byunghun flinched and buried himself deeper into Wooshin’s embrace rejecting Chanhee’s gesture, trembling in Wooshin’s arms.

 

===

 

“I screwed up.” Chanhee groans as he sat outside Byunghun’s ward with Wooshin.

 

Wooshin gave a slight chuckle and ruffled Chanhee’s hair. “Since when have you never.” He teased his brother slightly which earned a frown and soft glare from Chanhee.

 

“Don’t worry, Byunghun gets over things pretty fast. I realized that after spending the past few weeks with him. He’s an innocent child at heart hyung. He’s going to forget this even happened.”

 

“I hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter