Twenty Three.

Lifeline.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jonghyun you’re being ridiculous.” Chanhee immediately frowned at Jonghyun’s words. He leaned his back on the wall as he removed the cup of coffee he was sipping from his lips.

 

“Look I’m not asking for a break up, I’m just thinking we should take a break from each other for a short while. Spend more time with Byunghun hyung. Our priority right now should be nursing my brother back to health and not go around dating while he’s suffering. He needs you Chanhee hyung. And... We owe him, so much. We already broke him once...”

 

Chanhee sighs as he closes his eyes lifting his head to face the ceiling. Jonghyun had a point. They both hurt Byunghun so deep and owe him so much.

 

===

 

“Byunghun ah, just one more spoonful alright? You didn’t eat much…” Chanhee fills another spoonful of clear soup for Byunghun as he lifted it to the latter mouth, trying to persuade the pediatrician to at least take in another spoonful of soup.

 

Byunghun shook his head stubbornly, he could feel the soup that he had taken in already coming up his throat. Any more and he would just end up puking everything out.

 

Byunghun hasn’t been taking enough food due to his loss in appetite and frail health at the moment. Every time something goes into his stomach he has a tendency of puking it out soon after. He was already already terribly skinny before and now it looks as though the wind could just blow him away, he was all left with skin and bones. His collarbones, shoulders and even his cheekbones were so tauntingly protruding it broke Chanhee’s heart to see Byunghun losing so much weight.

 

Chanhee lets out a disappointed sigh as he puts the spoon back into the barely touched soup before leaving the bowl on top of the over bed table.

 

“Are you tired?” The cardiologist asks as he Byunghun’s arm gently, focusing on his action in order not to touch onto the IV lines infusing the various drugs into the boy. While the younger’s arm, Chanhee noticed that the old bruises hasn’t healed yet ew ones have already started forming.

 

Just yesterday, a nurse questioned if she should inject the IV infusion into Byunghun from the back of his hand instead as she was worried about further bruising his already very bruised up arm but Byunghun insisted that the medication would absorb faster through his median cubital vein on the inside of his elbow.

 

“Ani, I’m not tired don’t worry about me.” Byunghun softly hummed as he stares at Chanhee.

 

The sentimental and emotional side of him wanted to tear up, Chanhee could have been out spending time with Jonghyun yet he chose to stay by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter